Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witheld Banking Funds

Options
  • 24-02-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

So my bank is currently with holding funds. Let me explain. On Sunday I made two on-line purchases from two separate sites for different amounts.

After about 30 minutes I realised I had made a mistake and didn't need either item, so I contacted the website by email, and prompt enough I received an email on Monday morning from both sites saying both orders had been cancelled, and no money would be taken. However, on Sunday, my Bank had already taken the money for these items by putting a "hold" on them and keeping them in limbo for the company to claim.

What I'd like to know is how long before I get the "hold" released and essentially gain access to my funds again? And should I have to contact the bank to tell them about this and have them manually release the funds or am I just expected to wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Authorisations can stay on the account for a couple of days. They should fall off automatically. The best thing to do is check with your bank, but yes - you may have to wait for them to go away in their own time. It would be up to the bank to decide to remove them, if they even have that ability :)

Advertisement