Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it time to take the keys of the home recording studio from the Corrigan Brothers?

• 24-02-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Just listening to Mooney there. Played clips of all of their "songs", and then their full new "song" about Enda Kenny. You could forgive them the first one about Obama, but come on ... it's time to lock up the home studio or let some decent musicians/writers in..

Why doesnt he give some real musicians a chance instead of playing this rubbish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That song about David Cameron was the worst of all.

Identical tune to the Barack Obama, change a few words here and there, don't worry about pronouncing Cameron as Camera-Ron, sure who's going to notice?

Give it up lads, you have milked your five minutes of fame to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Yep agree there, who the fook do they know in RTE to get the airtime the have got.

Gone past their 3 minutes..........

NEXT........................................:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

I believe that they have been mistaken for the Corr Bros.even though there is only one of those.
    All I can say is Corr! again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

My god they've just recorded a song for Mooney's show now.
    "Tura lu tura lu tura lothers, there's nobody as retarded as the Corrigan Brothers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

IMO - lock them up and throw away the key. But there was/is a generation who loved Big Tom, Larry Cunningham, Margo and the rest of those Irish country singers who probably LOVE the Corrigan crap:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Who in fcuks name in RTE gave these gimps access to the airwaves??

They have someone on the inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Who cares really? They're a novelty act who'll piss off when people stop listening to them. Maybe they could form a supergroup with Richie Kavanagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Who in fcuks name in RTE gave these gimps access to the airwaves??

They have someone on the inside.

Probably met Mooney in that pink bar that you always go to :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Aidric wrote: »
    Who cares really? They're a novelty act who'll piss off when people stop listening to them. Maybe they could form a supergroup with Richie Kavanagh.

a novelty act is what they are allright but they did garner a lot of media attention at one stage.Thats exactly what they should do form a supergroup with richie kavanagh "richie and the brothers

These f**kwits are on The Mooney Show today.. I hope Derek will do the nation a favour and tell them to go and f**k off.

Apparently they've rewritten the lyrics to one of those stupid songs that they have been whoring round, and it's now got lyrics relating to Mooney..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 PaddyAnglican

These f**kwits are on The Mooney Show today.. I hope Derek will do the nation a favour and tell them to go and f**k off. Apparently they've rewritten the lyrics to one of those stupid songs that they have been whoring round, and it's now got lyrics relating to Mooney..

Deep breath Jonathan - Relax - and exhale....... I am afraid I am the true cause of all your pain as the discoverer and holder of the records linking Obama to Moneygall which inspired that song - don't take it so seriously and enjoy it for what it is - I have to take my hat off to the lads particularly in getting invited to Washington for the Inauguration along with myself - As Podge and Rodge said - "Lads you jumped so hard on the bandwagon the bloody wheels fell off'"
    Incidentally they are on Podge and Rodge tomorrow night.
    Read all about our trip to the Inauguration here: http://paddyanglican.blogspot.com/2009/01/journey-into-hope.html
    Cheers
    Stephen Neill aka Paddyanglican

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Fair play to you and the Corrigan brothers Rev Paddy. In my view it's about the Mooney Show picking up on these novelty songs and plugging them again and again. Because they, ahem, 'wrote' one for the Mooney Show, they have another lease of life on the National Airwaves - all by stroking an ego. It is in it's own way a bribe, if you will, which has gotten them preferential treatment on the State Broadcaster, funded by most of us. Not fair but I don't blame them.
    By the way, be sure to Milk the Obama thing as much as you can because when it's over - it's over. Ask the folks in Ballyporeen. I stood there in 1984 when they thought they had hit the big time with Ronnie Reagan. It quickly reverted to being a damp one horse village. It's a mirage - especially if your man turns out to be a one termer.
    Regards

This is paddywhackery of the highest order. I would classify it as similar to that idiot Colin Carroll who entered Elephant Polo and wanted to set up the Irish Paddy Games... People who use the irish flag for self promotion, and as a business opportunity.

If it was funny, or ANY of their songs had any element of humour (like Mario Rosenstock's stuff for example) then I could appreciate it. But this is very lowest common denominator stuff.

I see you got a mention yourself:
    "The great Stephen Neill, a great man of God,He proved that Barack was from the Auld Sod, They came by bus and they came by car, to celebrate Barack in Ollie Hayes’s Bar"
    Are you getting royalties?

Fair play to you and the Corrigan brothers Rev Paddy. In my view it's about the Mooney Show picking up on these novelty songs and plugging them again and again. Because they, ahem, 'wrote' one for the Mooney Show, they have another lease of life on the National Airwaves - all by stroking an ego. It is in it's own way a bribe, if you will, which has gotten them preferential treatment on the State Broadcaster, funded by most of us. Not fair but I don't blame them.
    By the way, be sure to Milk the Obama thing as much as you can because when it's over - it's over. Ask the folks in Ballyporeen. I stood there in 1984 when they thought they had hit the big time with Ronnie Reagan. It quickly reverted to being a damp one horse village. It's a mirage - especially if your man turns out to be a one termer.
    Regards

Cheers Timmy - Exactly - Nobody forced the Mooney Show to play them
    Re the comparison to Ballyporeen - probably right though however kind or unkind history is to Obama he will always be the first African American president which is significant in itself.

This is paddywhackery of the highest order. I would classify it as similar to that idiot Colin Carroll who entered Elephant Polo and wanted to set up the Irish Paddy Games... People who use the irish flag for self promotion, and as a business opportunity.
    If it was funny, or ANY of their songs had any element of humour (like Mario Rosenstock's stuff for example) then I could appreciate it. But this is very lowest common denominator stuff.
    I see you got a mention yourself:
    "The great Stephen Neill, a great man of God,He proved that Barack was from the Auld Sod, They came by bus and they came by car, to celebrate Barack in Ollie Hayes’s Bar"
    Are you getting royalties?

No royalties - just enjoying a bit of craic in an otherwise depressing time on this little island of ours. I think what you fail to see is the lads are taking the piss out of paddywhackery. However they do some serious stuff as well and some very moving stuff too. Watch this space for a new side of the Corrigan Brothers. And do take a chill pill - I would hate to see anyone have a stroke over a song ;)

By the way - just talking to the lads - Mooney show over ran today so they recorded a slot which will be broadcast tomorrow - just in case anyone want's to avoid it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This is paddywhackery of the highest order.

I agree. Makes my skin crawl. This sort of horsesh1t is exactly why generations of Irish have been perceived as "STUPID MICKS".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

I think your ire should be directed at the producers in RTE Radio and the Mooney Show in particular who are giving it the oxygen of publicity. This type of stuff has been with us in one form or another for many years. Why the publicly funded state broadcaster thinks it's worthy of such an amount of airtime is probably the question. I don't think them Corrigans drink in the George or The Front Lounge (the good Reverend could probably confirm or deny this) so there must be another 'in' for them.

The crazy frog contributed more to music than the Corrigan Brothers. Paddywhackery, why dont they dress up in Leprechaun outfits as well.

A prize with the Corrigans coming to your house to write a song about you. That probably is the only prize in my life that I would fkn win.

Advertisement