Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCII study

• 24-02-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm currently thinking of taking a place on a level 8 degree course in the NCII in counselling and Psychotherapy.
    I was wondering if anyone had studied with them all ready and if so how did they're qualification stood up when looking for a job.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I haven't done that particular course but if you do a search I think there was some recent discussion on that course...

I'm not sure if there's much work out there at the moment. I am doing a degree in counselling/psychotherapy at the moment and have been basically told by our lecturers not to give up the day job just yet!

Bear in mind that the degree course, NCII or otherwise will only give you a basic qualification and you'll still want to gain accreditation with one of the accrediting bodies. Not having some sort of accreditation, or further studies such as a Masters will probably not help in the search for employment in this field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kieran24

Thanks kranykitty I do plan to do a masters or further myself as much as possible but I just want to make sure this is the right way about it but hopefully it is. And from searching jobs etc. a masters is probably the only way of getting one along with acc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

To avoid wasting your time, I'd advise checking carefully that the course you intend to do is recognised by the accrediting body - you don't want to spend a few years at it and find out later that it's worthless when you go for accreditation or further study.

Advertisement