Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux users show their love for World of Goo

Options
  • 24-02-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

From 2dboy.com

http://2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/
    More copies of the game were sold via our website on the day the Linux version released than any other day. This day beat the previous record by 40%. There is a market for Linux games after all :)

I am aware the article is a year old, still, it's news to me :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ill have to build a linux machine someday

i guess if i dont like it i can always buy an OS later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

i still have to pick this game up but will more then likely get it on steam. I tend to be more productive using ubuntu due to no steam temptations there. :)
    Overheal wrote: »

Why not just dual boot or make a virtual machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is that not more to do with the fact that there are so few decent Linux games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Overheal wrote: »

i guess if i dont like it i can always buy an OS later.

Just dual boot, whats stopping You,
    Heck, just download it and run it from a cd without any changes to Your pc.
    Definitely try it.

I wouldn't dream about putting anything else on a laptop. My netbook boots in 35secs, no antivirus scans, no virii/adware/spyware, all software from a trusted source, no defragging, no disk cleanups, no slowdowns over time and best of all its free. There's more I can't list off hand. If I wasn't a gamer it'd be my OS of choice on my desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Is that not more to do with the fact that there are so few decent Linux games?

Yeah. But it's a message from the linux community to publishers. "Hey look there's a market here for you full of people waiting to buy your games." That's why S2 games, the guys who made Heroes of Newerth and the Savage games always make a linux version because they know the linux crowd will make a big effort to buy the games.
    Most publishers don't see it as being worth the effort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement