Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ReActivating sensor on Eircom Phonewatch.

Options
  • 24-02-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, I got a new hall door recently and needed to remove the alarm sensor first. I have an Eircom Phonewatch wireless alarm, International Concord model. I called Phonewatch tech support and they gave me the code to delete the sensor over the phone and that was fine. Now to reactivate the sensor on the new door they want €90.00 to send an "engineer" out to do the work, anyone know if this is that difficult that they cannot give me the code to do it myself ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gerry1995 wrote: »
    Hi, I got a new hall door recently and needed to remove the alarm sensor first. I have an Eircom Phonewatch wireless alarm, International Concord model. I called Phonewatch tech support and they gave me the code to delete the sensor over the phone and that was fine. Now to reactivate the sensor on the new door they want €90.00 to send an "engineer" out to do the work, anyone know if this is that difficult that they cannot give me the code to do it myself ?

Hi Gerry1995,
    Very easy job to do once you have the eng code.
    I will send you a pm with my number if you want me to talk you through doing this. It only takes a minute to enroll on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tricue

Hi altor,

I too have the same issue as Gerry...
    Changing windows and doors in house next week and Phonewatch have said there is no problem deleting the sensors to allow me to remove the sensors from the existing windows and doors but that I'll have to get an 'engineer' out to put them on the new ones??
    Surely, all I need is an engineer code and instructions??
    You seem to be a bit of a demi-God around here altor, any chance you can help?

Thanks in advance,

Rob (aka Tricue)

Tricue wrote: »
    Hi altor,

I too have the same issue as Gerry...
    Changing windows and doors in house next week and Phonewatch have said there is no problem deleting the sensors to allow me to remove the sensors from the existing windows and doors but that I'll have to get an 'engineer' out to put them on the new ones??
    Surely, all I need is an engineer code and instructions??
    You seem to be a bit of a demi-God around here altor, any chance you can help?

Thanks in advance,

Rob (aka Tricue)

Hi Rob,

More than happy to help, do you know what type of system you have installed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

eircom pw say they have to get an enginner out to do the because:
    They want to make a profit, or,
    It may void their certificate or they may not be authorised to tell u exactly how to do it, by their manager or by nsai cert or something(like it could void the cert)
    It's fairly straight forward, and if u can fix up windows or even a light fittin, u should be able to install up a simple wireless system.
    Tbh, i think eircompw use a bad system from my point of view where they should be usin astec/hkc/aritech/ge/signet and should be easy on der customers requirements.. i know the hkc is a nice system and so is the signet, which can be added to.. anyways hope dis helps!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tim M-U wrote: »
    eircom pw say they have to get an enginner out to do the because:
    They want to make a profit, or,
    It may void their certificate or they may not be authorised to tell u exactly how to do it, by their manager or by nsai cert or something(like it could void the cert)
    Work carried out by unlicenced company or person may well render the systen not up to the standard. Then again if it has not been serviced for over a year its not up to EN50131 anyway.

• Advertisement

Tim M-U wrote: »
    It's fairly straight forward, and if u can fix up windows or even a light fittin, u should be able to install up a simple wireless system.

That is true Tim, but only if you know how to use the system they have installed ;)

Advertisement