Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation in cannes

Options
  • 24-02-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

This thread is here to make sure everybody has a hotel room in cannes. I don`t want anybody from ireland heading out there without a place to stay.

I was originally supposed to stay in choppers room, but ive decided to get my own room, which will leave 1 space in choppers room for anybody who needs it. I would also like to offer anybody who doesn`t have a room to come and stay with me if they need to.

Also it might be a good idea to post up a list where people are staying and whois room they are staying in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Currently, it's myself, Ry, Doom and Jim.

Dreddy already asked about being in the room so if he wants to room with us then he's welcome to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm a really bad snorer. I should warn you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I'm a really bad snorer. I should warn you all.

Make that 2 Free spaces in Chopper's Room :) Chunkis, I'm with you :P

Joking. I'll have to bare it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

How many people does your room hold Chunkis? I was going to reserve two rooms of four (only have to pay 6% deposit, thank god) since some people were asking about it, but I may just go with one if you can hold a couple of folks.

How many people does your room hold Chunkis? I was going to reserve two rooms of four (only have to pay 6% deposit, thank god) since some people were asking about it, but I may just go with one if you can hold a couple of folks.

Are you guys going to prepay for the tournaments?

You only have until Friday to do that.

• Advertisement

Already did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

How many bedrooms are in this apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

My room is not booked yet.

That is why i made this thread to make sure everybody gets a place to stay.

Currently i have myself and my friend in my room, but thats open to change, lets see how many people need a room and then decide where people go from there.

I don`t mind taking mike, dan and cobelcog or anybody else who needs a room, the main thing is that everybody has a place to stay.

How many bedrooms are in this apartment?

The one I booked is a studio apartment, although the description makes it sound like there is one seperate sleeping area with a set of bunkbeds in it.

The main room has two sofa/bed units and one fold out bed.

chunkis wrote: »
    My room is not booked yet.

That is why i made this thread to make sure everybody gets a place to stay.

Currently i have myself and my friend in my room, but thats open to change, lets see how many people need a room and then decide where people go from there.

I don`t mind taking mike, dan and cobelcog or anybody else who needs a room, the main thing is that everybody has a place to stay.
    I was gonna book a six man (lol) suite for me, mike, dan, blag, chris and john, but we were thinking that splitting it into smaller rooms might be more comfortable for everyone in general (and to make sure anyone gets a room). Maybe rooms of 4?

• Advertisement

yeah that sounds good, lets see who from the south needs a room, and then decide where people are gonna go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm still roomless as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah I'm not sure what the story with me getting a room. Just to make easier I'm going to list everyone.

Chunkis -
    Dreddybajs -
    Chopperbyrne - Studio Apartment (1 space?)
    Ry - Choppers apt
    Orim -
    Jimeatsmenu - Choppers apt
    Doctor Doom - Choppers apt
    V-Deck -
    Roogle -
    Newtype -
    Xinkai -
    Blag -
    Liquidswords -
    Cobelcog -

I'll take the spare spot in Choppers apt if Chunkis does decide to get his room, if not I don't care who I share with.

Well Dreddy asked about staying in the room I booked so we'll provisionally say he's in, unless he states otherwise.

Is that everybody? OK I count 15 + 1 spot for my UK friend, making it 16.

I will make this simple, I am gonna pick where people go so there is no ****ing about, If people really don`t like where they are they can change rooms, but lets keep it simple and try to stick to whatever room we are in.

Choppers Room ( 5 people)

Chopper
    Doom
    Ryan
    Jim
    Dreddy

Chunkis`s room ( 5 people)

Myself
    My friend
    Blag
    Cobelcog
    Newtype

Fake Roogles room (6 people)

Roogle
    Xinkai
    Liquidswords
    V-deck
    Orim
    Hmuya

Is everybody happy with this arrangement?

I'm good yep. Hope one of you lads in my room is bringing your Xbox? :) I'll be spending a lot of time in room 3 otherwise :D

Is that everybody? OK I count 15 + 1 spot for my UK friend, making it 16.

I will make this simple, I am gonna pick where people go so there is no ****ing about, If people really don`t like where they are they can change rooms, but lets keep it simple and try to stick to whatever room we are in.

Choppers Room ( 5 people)

Chopper
    Doom
    Ryan
    Jim
    Dreddy

Chunkis`s room ( 5 people)

Myself
    My friend
    Blag
    Cobelcog
    Newtype

Fake Roogles room (6 people)

Roogle
    Xinkai
    Liquidswords
    V-deck
    Orim
    Hmuya

Is everybody happy with this arrangement?

Just to point out Orim = Hmuya, sorry for the confusion.

Err, I would kinda like to stay with the people I'm travelling with :-/

Hold on How come Chunkis gets the best players? :P

I'm fairly certain Tin is coming as well. I think he was onto Dreddy about so it could be worth waiting for him to chime in on this.

Also yeah it would make more sense to put all the lads from the north together.

Personally I'd say we get four studio apartments and go four to a room since there's 16, seems like the easiest.

• Advertisement

Err, I would kinda like to stay with the people I'm travelling with :-/

I totally forgot you guys were not travelling with us, so what are your travel arrangements? What days and times are you guys arriving and leaving?

Also pick whoever your travelling with and put them in your room, i really don`t care who stays with who, i just picked newtype because i spent quite a bit of time in belfast with him and i got to know him well enough to have him in my room, but really i don`t care whois in my room as long as they don`t smell.

I totally forgot you guys were not travelling with us, so what are your travel arrangements? What days and times are you guys arriving and leaving?

Also pick whoever your travelling with and put them in your room, i really don`t care who stays with who, i just picked newtype because i spent quite a bit of time in belfast with him and i got to know him well enough to have him in my room, but really i don`t care whois in my room as long as they don`t smell.

I know your being dead serious, but still, LOL. JSUK, boots have a shower gel sale on 2 for 3 euro :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Tin is staying with friends from Lyon but needs somewhere to crash on Thursday night afaik as they only get there on Friday.

I'm happy to stay in whatever room, I'm happy to stay in Chunkis' room if Newtype is staying in roogle's room and Hmuya wants to stay in Chopper's room.

is tin flying out with us and returning with us?

what are his plans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, he said he was travelling with us on facebook chat, I linked him to the thread etc. and he said he was taking the same flights that I posted. He only typed a couple lines though, so I'm not 100% sure if I got the right info, but that's what I got from him.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Tin is staying with friends from Lyon but needs somewhere to crash on Thursday night afaik as they only get there on Friday.

I'm happy to stay in whatever room, I'm happy to stay in Chunkis' room if Newtype is staying in roogle's room and Hmuya wants to stay in Chopper's room.

For the sake of getting myself sorted I'll take you up on this, as long as that's cool with everyone and there's no other issue I'm missing.

Now onto moving.

HMUYA wrote: »
    For the sake of getting myself sorted I'll take you up on this, as long as that's cool with everyone and there's no other issue I'm missing.

Now onto moving.

Likewise. I don't care where i stay, i just want a place now tbh.

Also provided Chunkis' room gets broken up a little we should do a 5v5 among our rooms for lolz. Each room with a team name yayz \o/. I think I'll call our room's team, "Team Let's Fighting Love" ;)

Thursday 4th March
    Belfast City (George Best) (Terminal 1) To London Luton
    flight 192; dep. Thu 04 Mar 08:40
    arr. Thu 04 Mar 09:50

London Luton To Nice (Terminal 2)
    flight 2125; dep. Thu 04 Mar 12:45
    arr. Thu 04 Mar 15:55

Monday 8th March
    Nice (Terminal 2) To London Gatwick (South)
    flight 5066; dep. Mon 08 Mar 11:05
    arr. Mon 08 Mar 12:00

London Gatwick (South) To Belfast Intl
    flight 735; dep. Mon 08 Mar 14:10
    arr. Mon 08 Mar 15:35

From what I understand, we're leaving a day earlier from most of the folks.

• Advertisement

Roogle, book a room for 6 and i will book a room for 5, then we can just put people into whatever room suits them best.

Does that sound ok?

Advertisement