Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Highlights

• 24-02-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been dying my hair for a good few years now (first grey spotted at 21 - groan!) and at first I put in permanent colour but about 8-9 months ago I copped I need only put a semi permanent in.

I've now got very dark brown hair (growing out a more black at the ends) and i'm getting bored with the one tone all over.

I can't afford pay out hairdresser huge sums for highlights every 6-8 weeks so basically wondering....

Has anyone every tried a kit for doing your own highlights? If so, how has it worked out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Amigone wrote: »
    Has anyone every tried a kit for doing your own highlights? If so, how has it worked out?

I tried some once. I think they were the loreal brand... and like you I was growing out black.

My experience was they went all wrong but I think that was more so ndue to the dye already in my hair... I ended up with black at the bottom and the futher you went up my hair, it went to mahogany to ginger and the highlight part was bright orange... (my hair is naturally a bark brown).

My advice if you are going to do it at home is get a friend to help and don't try anything too drastic because you will end up needing a hairdresser...

I got so sick of people telling my two day do was 'funky' when they were clearly trying to be nice! :rolleyes:

Let me know how you get on because I would like to try it again!

Advertisement