Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greasy Hair

• 24-02-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Sorry - I know this may not be the right place for this but Im hoping one of you Ladies might have a tip.

I dont usually suffer with over greasy hair but over the past week I have a greasy/sticky patch only on top of my head. I can feel it right after I wash my hair. I thought it was the shampoo so I changed the shampoo but it is still there. My hair continuously feels dirty now. Has anyone any advice tips on how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

If it feels dirty then your obviously using the wrong type of shampoo for your hair!

Do you use conditioner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 queenbeeuty

hayley33 wrote: »
    Sorry - I know this may not be the right place for this but Im hoping one of you Ladies might have a tip.

I dont usually suffer with over greasy hair but over the past week I have a greasy/sticky patch only on top of my head. I can feel it right after I wash my hair. I thought it was the shampoo so I changed the shampoo but it is still there. My hair continuously feels dirty now. Has anyone any advice tips on how to get rid of it?

Thanks

hi

I found when i used to wash my hair everyday that it tended to get greasy very quickly.
    so if you leave it a day or two between washes it may stop excess grease being formed as stimulating your scalp when your washing can cause the greasiness.

Theres a product by batiste called dry shampoo,
    which you basically just spray on dry hair between washes
    and it kind of soaks up excess grease on your hair.You can get it boots.
    It might not solve the problem fully but it will hopefully help abit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL.

Maple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use T-Gel shampoo for greay hair and find that helps.

I only wash my hair every 2 days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

Had this problem for a while I got head and shoulders 2in1 and it cleared it after the 1st wash. My hair gets a bit staticy now but it beats the alternative :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Maybe ask a hairdresser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I get a greasy patch on one side of my head only, no idea how or why. But dry shampoo is a life saver.

If anyone knows why one side of my hair is greasy and the other isnt please let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

try putting conditioner on the ends of your hair only, and then just putting it very very lightly to the top..

and if you use products after the shower (serum etc) again concentrate on the ends of your hair, they're usually the driest anyways

(by end of your hair i mean whatever will be sticking out of your ponytail if you tie your hair up, so pretty much everything but the first 2-3 inches from your roots)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You might have a build up of residue from shampoo or hair products. Try using a clarifying shampoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Miaireland wrote: »
    You might have a build up of residue from shampoo or hair products. Try using a clarifying shampoo.

I had an identical problem and that was the solution.

Pantene do the best clarifying one, I've tried several including the Tresemme one and a couple of salon brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

Instead of buying a clarifying shampoo you could try rinsing your hair with apple cider vinegar + water (1 part ACV to 3 parts water). It smells horrible btw, but you will have really shiny pH balanced hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DreadsinDublin

I totally agree with the last post!
    but you could maybe try a natural shampoo and conditioner from health store try aloe vera it regulates the skin on your scalp which in turn helps with moisture issues hope that helps! :-)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

a lot of shampoos and conditioners these days have some silicon in them for sleek locks. this only ends up buiding up on the hair. i used Toni & Guy detox shampoo-which i found great- you can buy travel size for about 2 euro.

i find that using the one type all the time gives me bad hair days so i alternate between head and shoulders to keep dry scalp at bay, detox shampoo, and john freida straight ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DreadsinDublin

I don't know how relevant it is but I have heard through different dread locticians that for stripping oils out of hair they recommend a gentle hypoallergenic washing up liquid before hair is locked up I've not used this myself but apparently it is residue free and takes out grease that would sometimes hinder the locking process strange one but intriguing :cool:

Advertisement