Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow, crappy connection today through BT?

• 24-02-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭

it's quite noticeable on youtube and a few other sites. some sites seem about as fast as ever though. can anyone advise? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

me too bro, im keeping an eye on speeds im putting it down to the changeover to Vodafone at the minute, im hoping its just changeover issues better be sorted soon though. Youtube only loads the first few seconds of a video then struggles with the rest, very annoying :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

thanks a lot! :o that's exactly how it is for me too. i'm glad it's nothing at my end but i hope it's gonna be better than this when vodafone are running the show cos this is just awful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Im keeping a close eye on it,check speedtest.net ive allready changed over and so has my dad. my router is acting up too, seems to go mad when more than 2 people log in :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I've been having speed problems with Youtube and the like today too, although Speedtest gives the same results as normal. Don't know if it is related, but I was moved to Vodafone from BT at some point today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Kahless wrote: »
    Don't know if it is related, but I was moved to Vodafone from BT at some point today.

surely vodafone can't be this bad!! someone tell me it's gonna get better please :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭skibum

Same Sh1t here, with BT my speedtest results were a steady 2.5 on a 3 connection, youtube ran perfectly. Over the last week my speed test results show a jump to 3.5 on the supposed 7 connection from vodafone.....

now youtube is barely working, if this is a sign of things to come it might be time for a change of provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

Anybody checked if it is OK today (I am in work now). Youtube was unwatchable last night. I know I was supposed to be changed over to Vodafone yesterday from BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭P1erce

I had to leave vodafone/bt earlier this month because they were just that bad.

Probably going to switch the other connection to Digiweb in a month or so.

(Ping times went from 70ms to 35ms to www.google.com and similar results to other well known website after I switched)

Pierce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Formerly on BT Business and was transferred to Vodafone, constant disconnects lately, youtube unwatchable. If this keeps up then I will switch to Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

I too had to leave Vodafone (Ex BT) last week as I was so pi**ed off with how the service had become since the changeover. I have switched to UTV and immediately noticed a difference. Now all websites and images load without a problem and pings are much lower.

And Vodafone are blaming it on Eircom??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Internet is crawling today. Download speeds of 10-15kbs max.

728817883.png

[edit] Just rang BT and apparently I have been throttled for downloading too much. They have a 3gb per day cap on the line =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Tusky wrote: »
    Internet is crawling today. Download speeds of 10-15kbs max.

728817883.png

[edit] Just rang BT and apparently I have been throttled for downloading too much. They have a 3gb per day cap on the line =/

3.33gb per day roughly. 100gb per month on a rolling basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

consultech wrote: »
    3.33gb per day roughly. 100gb per month on a rolling basis.

What does 'on a rolling basis' mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭P1erce

Tusky wrote: »
    What does 'on a rolling basis' mean ?

"The last 30 days"

So its whats used in the 30 days previous to today.

Pierce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Resettin the router seems the only way to go when I get the firefox "problem loading page" error; Something I fear will be synonymous with BT broadband for the immediate future.

Advertisement