Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband service in Johnstown Wood, Navan area currently very poor

• 24-02-2010 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All, anyone else in the Johnstown Wood area of Navan experiencing problems with their service?
    I'm on the 20MB package but can currently only get up to 3 MB and the connection also drops intermittently.
    I called them on Monday and we did a few of the online speed test and the guy from the Support Desk agreed there is something wrong and arranged for a technician to come today between 13:00 and 18:00
    This afternoon the technician didn't come by but called me instead to tell me there is a "known issue, line engineer working on it etc. etc.
    Great, I thought 1/2 day taken from work to be told this.
    I then called the SUpport desk back and they HAD NO KNOWLEDGE of outage.
    Wanted a call back from manager/supervisor....no call.
    Called back a second time this evening and they said a line call has been raised but it can take 7 to 10 days to get it fixed!!!
    I told them it's back by Friday or I'm canceling my contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Hi I live in same area and noticed the same, actually had no service all day last friday or most of saturday but came back all on its own even though I rang them and they said nothing wrong in the area.
    I think people don't ring em and let them know there is a fault therefore they cannot be blamed if they do not know there is a fault..
    There are alot of threads on here about UPC, usually I find the service pretty good but of late it is abit flakey!!!!
    Ring them back every day if the service is bad and ask your neighbours if they have same ISp and bad speeds to do same...
    thats all you can do...

Advertisement