Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YE OF BLIND FAITH

Options
  • 24-02-2010 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Ye of little faith and who can blame them?! As i turn on the radio and switch on the television my stomach churns to think of the legacy we have left our future congregations with. Who can have confidence in any church anymore? I certainly don't?

A church is not just a place. It is the people. It is the priest or minister. It is the lessons they teach AND THE LESSON THEY LEARN. What is the Catholic Church and it's followers trying to teach? Do wrong and suffer no penalty? What kind of world are you allowing to develop when a man can have sexual intercourse with a child, an innocent child, and not suffer any
    consequence? It is rape, it is defial, it is abuse of trust and the body and no one is doing anything to put it right?

These victims are crying out for help and being grossly ignored. It is a rape
    all over again. A rape of their rights for justice and closure.

I do not blame the pope alone. I lay the blame with the people. the people who continue to sit in their pews with silent mouths, adhering to the rules of those who know not how to live by them.

This system is broken. It is crushed but nothing is irrepairable. If anyone out there knew anything about the christian faith, not just the catholic, they would remove themselves from the pews and place themselves outside the churches and cathedrals in protest to the gross injustice that continues to be swept under the carpet!

If you don't then I fear we are all as responsible as the abusers and their peers who continues to find pathetic reasons as to why we can excuse the absolutelty inexcusable?

Have we forgotten those golden words?
    "DO UNTO OTHERS AS WE WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO UNTO US"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Do you have a question or topic for discussion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

thekeeneye wrote: »
    Ye of little faith and who can blame them?! As i turn on the radio and switch on the television my stomach churns to think of the legacy we have left our future congregations with. Who can have confidence in any church anymore? I certainly don't?

A church is not just a place. It is the people. It is the priest or minister. It is the lessons they teach AND THE LESSON THEY LEARN. What is the Catholic Church and it's followers trying to teach? Do wrong and suffer no penalty? What kind of world are you allowing to develop when a man can have sexual intercourse with a child, an innocent child, and not suffer any
    consequence? It is rape, it is defial, it is abuse of trust and the body and no one is doing anything to put it right?

These victims are crying out for help and being grossly ignored. It is a rape
    all over again. A rape of their rights for justice and closure.

I do not blame the pope alone. I lay the blame with the people. the people who continue to sit in their pews with silent mouths, adhering to the rules of those who know not how to live by them.

This system is broken. It is crushed but nothing is irrepairable. If anyone out there knew anything about the christian faith, not just the catholic, they would remove themselves from the pews and place themselves outside the churches and cathedrals in protest to the gross injustice that continues to be swept under the carpet!

If you don't then I fear we are all as responsible as the abusers and their peers who continues to find pathetic reasons as to why we can excuse the absolutelty inexcusable?

"DO UNTO OTHERS AS WE WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO UNTO US"[/QUOTE]

"DO UNTO OTHERS AS WE WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO UNTO US"

The above perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

thekeeneye, Boards is a discussion forum. You are expected to include people in the discussion. If you have a specific point then please PM me and I'll reopen this thread. Till then it stays locked.

Reopened by request.

Advertisement