Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cupcake

Options
  • 24-02-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi .does anyone know why my cup cake mixture is sticking to the bun case`s,I followed the recipes to the letter so i cant see why....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We're not psychic :rolleyes:. Post up your exact recipe and method and we'll see if we can help then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sandramac

sorry...

120g plain flour
    140g caster sugar
    40g butter
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    120g milk
    1 egg

I am mixing the flour,butter,sugar and baking powder together untill i get a sandy consistency and then adding the milk and egg.it is very wet.got the recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook.the kids got it for mr for xmas and all the cupcakes look lovely,they taste lovely,very light but cant get them out of the case`s....o`yeah i baked them at 160 in a fan oven.i also preheated it....so i`m lost?:confused:

Milk, really? I've never heard of milk in cupcakes. It sounds like the wetness of your mixture is probably why they're sticking. When I make cupcakes, it's a sticky mixture, and couldn't be described as wet.

How badly are they sticking? Like the cakes fall apart? What have you tried to fix this yourself (eg. cooking for longer, trying a different case, etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Sandramac wrote: »
    sorry...

120g milk

Could that be the problem. I can never figure out the conversion from weight to liquids? Your lucky though , my cupcakes don't stick but taste terrible:) Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

Hi! Maybe this might help. After greasing the tins, line them with breadcrumbs or ground almonds or any other ground nuts.
    I normally use silicone moulds, can highly recomend them. I have some individual cups that I put into a muffin tray if the mixture is too wet for the little silicone cases. Must try your recipe, it sounds nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

maybe I'm doting, but that amount of butter looks very small in comparison the the amount of sugar in the recipe

if it helps I think the recipe I use is 2+2+2+4 i.e.

200g butter
    200g sugar
    200g srflour and 4 eggs. I am open to correction though as I'm off them for Lent and have not been baking.

Might I recommend the Primrose Bakery recipe book for knockout cupcakes ?

I thought the butter was a very small amount,going to try them now again....3rd time lucky.I will use less milk and i bought new cases today,when i say wet i mean its like pancake mix...i`ll post a note later and say how they went...thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

There's very little fat in that and I'd imagine it's the fat that makes them easy to remove from the cases, kind of like greasing them from within. I've never seen a recipe with that low a fat to flour/sugar ratio.

hi guys, I have the cupcakes out of the oven and bingo they are not sticking .... i left them in for 25 min at 150 fan oven.try it out they really are the lightest i have ever made.....thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

160 degrees sound incredibly low for cupcakes. 180 or 200 degrees would be more typical.

• Advertisement

This is a zombie thread so I'm going to lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement