Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why ARE there so many men here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Because we all want to be that first guy in the history of the world that understands women...hopefully one day in the next few hundreth years one of us will get their!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I dont post in here too often, but i pop in whenever im on boards.ie just to see if there are any interesting topics being discussed. I only post in threads on topics that may require a males perspective.

I have a partner so im not in Category 1. I have posted in the know your loungers thread, and thanked a few pictures in there (if its a good pic/funny pic). But thats just a bit of fun, isnt it?:confused:

I suppose im a mix of 2 and 3, with the exception that i DO respect womens views, i just express my opinion as a man in the hope that we aren't all tarred with the same brush

Edit: i wouldnt even think of going to a LL beers, (wouldnt make it anyway, im in Australia) to me thats just for the ladies, just as i would expect a gentleman's club one to be for the lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I don't post much, no pic in KYL (or KYN for that matter), no beers attendance..I think I clicked in here from the drop down menu by accident when it had the original forum name that I've forgotten.

I find it an intelligence and reason haven of boards.ie..so I stay, nothing more complicated than that :)

That and a fear for Wibbs if he's outnumbered :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I lurk here an awful lot. i just want to know things from a girls perspective and understand a bit better as to what makes you tick. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I dont post here very often but i read a lot of the threads because they're often very interesting and its good to get a perspective from BOTH genders.
    I go to beers as often as i can but not to sleaze or perve but because i know a lot of posters in real life,i've made many friends on boards and thats far more important than a load of crappy internet politics...you can't 'mod' the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Degsy, there has already been a mod warning to keep this thread civil.

Carrying a grudge about not being invited to a ladies only event for weeks now is starting to make you look a bit... odd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Xiney wrote: »
    a ladies only event

And a great sucess that was!

This tends to prove my point.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Degsy wrote: »
    And a great sucess that was!

This tends to prove my point.

Degsy give it a rest. An event was proposed, it didn't run but in case you failed to notice suggestions were made to have a girls night of dancing instead and that's in the process of being organised.

It's no big deal really, please stop trying to make it one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I like it here :) Smells all sweet and inviting :) Mind you I only drop by the odd time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Basically I'm here to pick up women. My policy of taking a contrary stance wherever possibly has worked wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^Lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Meh same as anything if i see a thread that interests me I'll comment on it the same way I rarely post in AH but will when a thread comes up. As for going to the beers I've no intentions of going to a LL beers, T&P beers are the only one's I go to and sessions after shows with the mma guys.

Also I like to bitch without the strictness of Ranting and ravings rules which the happy sad mad annoyed thread lets me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've often wondered myself why people - men or women - thank pictures in those Know Your... threads at all.

I can't help thinking, however, that any poster - male or female - that posts pictures regularly in them are not exactly weeping at home when their pics harvest a load of thanks from their, er, target gender.

As for LL, if I post in it, it's because I like a topic. A topic that could be anywhere but that happens to be here. If the forum was female-only, I'd be cool with that although I think threads questioning male posters in general (although I find a certain type of, er, sensitive male poster a little risible too) across the board are a little like cheap shots in a safe environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Boobs.

And long hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

stovelid wrote: »
    I've often wondered myself why people - men or women - thank pictures in those Know Your... threads at all.

I can't help thinking, however, that any poster - male or female - that posts pictures regularly in them are not exactly weeping at home when their pics harvest a load of thanks from their, er, target gender.

Mainly as it reduces the anonyminity and brings a sense of community to the place.

I tend to thank every picture that's been put up, male or female as it's great for people to post up their pictures of them snowboarding, travelling, drinking or whatever.
    It adds an extra dimension to the forum and gives posters more character than just a load of written text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Mainly as it reduces the anonyminity and brings a sense of community to the place.

I tend to thank every picture that's been put up, male or female as it's great for people to post up their pictures of them snowboarding, travelling, drinking or whatever.
    It adds an extra dimension to the forum and gives posters more character than just a load of written text.

Don't doubt it at all, seriously.

I'm just pointing that it's a bit innocent to assert that some women/men put up nice pics of themselves in here or elsewhere purely for friendship and affirmation and subsequently feel devastated and cheapened when it's thanked by a shed-loads by people of the gender they find attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I was affraid to post here actuly I never figured id be on the forum as long as i am.

But its very interesting at times..... Reading responces to some threads.....
    Genrally if which is a very big if..
    I try not to post in here to much these days....Well on Boards in genral....But I would say that its like any....

Other forum room different people different opinions..
    And well its another place to read them......

I some times i post tho mmm I feel my best reason cause I cause you say a lot of things that we don't hear in public..

write this on ps3 sucked and tuck an age:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

liah wrote: »
    This isn't meant to be exclusionary, I'm just genuinely curious.

Guys: what makes you post here so often? What makes you go to the Ladies Lounge beers?

Are you asking "guys in general", or just the guys that are "regulars"? When you say "what makes you post here so often", it indicates to me that you've noticed a few names routinely popping up, and so sparked the question you've asked. If that's the case, then I reckon an anonymous poll may have got you more honest answers (perhaps leaning more to option 1) than people just straight up answering you in a post!

If I'm just reading your language wrong, and you're posing to *any* guy who posts here, then my answer would be:

- I never really look at what forum I'm posting in. If I see an interesting thread on the boards homepage, I'm going to click it!
    - With regards to the 3 reasons you offered, I don't really know where I'd fit in. My "real life" mates:P, are probably a 50/50 split of lads and girls, well maybe 60/40 lads/girls, and has been all my life. So it really doesn't make any difference who i'm chatting with / offering an opinion to/ winding up in that sense.
    - As for the drinks, can't say, never been. Never even knew they happened! But i'd reckon guys are happier to turn up because they've already got to know people here, or at least got a sense of what they're like, and tbh boozing with a bunch of guys is never as fun as having a couple girls there. Also the word "beer" is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I float around a couple of forums on the site but what got me checking here more regular like was the thread on the worst dates. Some brilliant stories there, and some great tips on what not to do on first dates...

I don't post very often, only on appropriate topics or to defend my posting here in the first place... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

One of the first threads on the forum was women who inspire/influence you or something a long those lines, it caught my attention and I posted my reply. BGRH was still quite popular then and I think we were trying to troll the forum.

Lately I've just been sticking to the what you made you sad/mad thread as i've nothing majorly interesting to contribute to the others as a majority of them are quite clearly female issues (breast augmentation, thrush).

Why is the forum getting lots of male attention? As it's a gathering of female posters in one place... on the internet.

Why did I attend beers? As it's a chance to meet the people I regularly chat with here on the site who I wouldn't otherwise get to see as often if it weren't for the beers. People like wibbs (we talk about wood, yes im serious), moonbaby, master of nothing, novella, princess lala, nervous wreck and others.
    It was very odd turning up to the last one, a lot of male posters who don't really post in here were there which I found strange but more the merrier generally.

Why I like/post in the forum? As it's a bit of fun, some of the threads are interesting and the posters in the main are quite sound. Most of my close friends are female, I work in a female dominated sector, I basically get on better with women than I do men.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I rarely post here, read sometimes, tis interesting. Only really post in the happy/sad thread.

As for the beers, I went to one because I was invited and I like drinking with fun people...it was great, must pop in to another. It's rather funny to read some of the guys posts here, keep up the good work. :pac:
    It was very odd turning up to the last one, a lot of male posters who don't really post in here were there which I found strange but more the merrier generally.
    My ears are burning, also I owe you a cocktail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I think it has the general topic nature of After hours without the retards and the serious topics of Humanities/politics without being too serious. Discussions about relationships and stuff without the yore mas every 3 posts.

I don't read the happy/sad thread at all but just fly by topics that pop up in the front page news feed. Having said that, I don't post much because I think i'm being a bit intrusive. I posted a picture in know your loungers and didn't get any thanks (cept for kickoutthejams but he's like a labradaor) so i sulked for 2 years, only joking :)

which picture was that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Boston wrote: »
    which picture was that

ah i tell a lie 2 thanks,neither of which are KOTJ. was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hot guy thread, RAAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I posted a picture in know your loungers and didn't get any thanks (cept for kickoutthejams but he's like a labradaor) so i sulked for 2 years, only joking :)
    For God's sake dude, I only crápped on the rug *once

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i don't post here but this thread is interesting, because I brought it up in AH a few months ago, asking why, when I go to perve at pics of girls in KYL, it's pictures of ugly blokes all over the place, and the majority of posters seem to be male? Seriously lads!
    I can only think that the majority of blokes in here are here because they might think there's a slight chance they'll get laid out of it. Let's not beat around the bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    i don't post here but this thread is interesting, because I brought it up in AH a few months ago, asking why, when I go to perve at pics of girls in KYL, it's pictures of ugly blokes all over the place, and the majority of posters seem to be male? Seriously lads!
    I can only think that the majority of blokes in here are here because they might think there's a slight chance they'll get laid out of it. Let's not beat around the bush.

Because they certainly don't! Wa-hey!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well this is going well.... OK lets stick to the topic folks. It was going grand but if it gets any more lascivious there'll be less men in here. Thanks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Wibbsie love0023.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Why do females get so much attention on the internet?

Ultimately the vast majority of males who post in here (on a subconscious level) live in the hope that they will some day, some how, get lucky.

[/thread]

Wow, such cynical insight. How about you list the top ten regular male contributors to this forum and we'll have a look see at which ones are a) actually male b) straight c) single d) young and randy.

Wow, such cynical insight. How about you list the top ten regular male contributors to this forum and we'll have a look see at which ones are a) actually male b) straight c) single d) young and randy.

Well. I aim to be a regular in the near future. From now on TBH. And I check all them boxes except C ;)

Bonito wrote: »
    Well. I aim to be a regular in the near future. From now on TBH. And I check all them boxes except C ;)

Call me a psychic put I predict infractions and a ban in your very near future if that is the case. The fact is pervie perverts don't contribute anything to the forum except perving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Call me a psychic put I predict infractions and a ban in your very near future if that is the case. The fact is pervie perverts don't contribute anything to the forum except perving.

You started it!

Your predictions could not be further from the truth. Just because i tick your little boxes does not mean they're the reasons I am here. If you'll have a read through this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64650940 for my posts you'll see I contribute to this forum. Very well so if I do say so myself. There is not, and never will be, a reason for a mod to infract or ban me.

Also option D) should be put more intelligently to go along appropriately with the others.

Something along the lines of "D) happen to be young and have a healthy libido"

Also I am not a pervie pervert and I would like an apology for that remark.

You started it!

Ah yes, but you see I was witty and charming. "Boobs" and "I wants to get laid" aren't really funny, especially when someone's already made the joke in a cleverer fashion.
    Your predictions could not be further from the truth. Just because i tick your little boxes does not mean they're the reasons I am here. If you'll have a read through this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64650940 for my posts you'll see I contribute to this forum. Very well so if I do say so myself. There is not, and never will be, a reason for a mod to infract or ban me.

Also option D) should be put more intelligently to go along appropriately with the others.

Also I am not a pervie pervert and I would like an apology for that remark.

I didn't call you a pervert. You seem to have taken that shoe and tried it on all by yourself after all you're the one who said he was young and randy.

Ah yes, but you see I was witty and charming. "Boobs" and "I wants to get laid" aren't really funny, especially when someone's already made the joke in a cleverer fashion.
    If you can, please point as to where I dragged this forum to that level with those sort of comments?

If you can, please point as to where I dragged this forum to that level with those sort of comments?

If you can please point as to where I suggest you did?

• Advertisement

d) young and randy.

Not my fault that was the options you gave ;) They're your words my friend, not mine.

Which you said was applicable to you. Is there a point here somewhere or are you being indignant for the craic? I never said that being young straight randy and single meant you couldn't contribute to this forum, the point was that if you're none of the above the chances of you being here to pull is extremely low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

/ring bell

Ok guys seconds out please, give it a break!

If you can please point as to where I suggest you did?
    Not directly but you made a generalisation and threw me into your little pile. You can't deny it as you stated yourself that you can predict me getting banned. Which is a bit crass as I have only begun contributing to this forum.

I like what goes on within this forum and I wont be giving any mod a reason to ban me :)

Yes, there are posters on here looking for a bot of tail or to release some sexual tensions, but not me so please don't generalise. :)

the point was that if you're none of the above the chances of you being here to pull is extremely low.

My bad :D Sorry I thought you were saying we're all out for a bit of tail :o

Jules wrote: »
    /ring bell

Ok guys seconds out please, give it a break!
    Sowwii :) Misunderstanding :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Thank you! Now back to the topic please!

Jules wrote: »
    Thank you! Now back to the topic please!
    I can't speak for everyone but I like it because it seems to be a relaxed atmosphere and all friendly but at the same time when a serious discussion comes out everyone has their thinking caps on. (well, mostly everyone)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:D at the "mines is bigger than yours" posts, especially considering the thread!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

its kinda sad imo

its kinda sad imo
    Go play some rugby.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement