Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why ARE there so many men here?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So many men here trying to get into womens heads! The quickest to her !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Boston wrote: »
    Is there a point here somewhere or are you being indignant for the craic?.

Aha. Ahaha. Ahahahaha.Ahahahahahahaha.

steam_iron.jpg

ecstacy_mitsi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

bonito, itsallabouttheL, k-9 and.. djhunter30
    Consider yourselves warned. Im not going to issue individual warnings. The next off topic poster, smarted arsed comment or dig will get the poster of said comment banned for 3 days. I wil not post up another warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I believe the main question from liah's post was "how did you end up here". I came here through BGRH somehow or another. I think there was a fair bit of crossover at one point so popped on over. Could have actually been when Zaph started to mod here.

But I think the important question is why did I then stay. The simple answer is that it genuinely is one of the only forums where there could be discussion on any subject and where that discussion, for the most part, is intelligent and sometimes lively. The Gentleman's Club didn't exist when I first started posting here. BGRH was mostly there for a laugh. AH usually makes my brain cry. The forum doesn't just discuss women's issues; it gives women a chance to put their point of view forward on a wide range of issues. I have points of view too, so like to read other people's opinions and sometimes contribute my own.

Nowadays, I might lurk here and read any threads that have a bit of good discussion. If I've something to contribute, I'll do so. I used to really like the 'What made you smile' thread as it was nice to see people being happy, especially about little things. I do look at the KYL thread but don't do it to perv on girls and would hope that people wouldn't think that of me. I'm nosy by nature so like to put faces to names and you're also likely to get a laugh from some people's pictures in there.

As for why men seem to outnumber women here, I think that can be easily explained by the census mentioned by Silverfish earlier in the thread. There are just more men on Boards. I'm sure there is an element of people who fall into category 1 but I wouldn't think it's a majority, or anything like that, of the guys who post here.

All that said, I don't post here all that regularly and have done so less recently than I would have done at one point so maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm not though and that most people's motives here are pure because I think it would be very boring if The Gentlemen's Club was men only and, likewise, if TLL was women only.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm here for wibbs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

i'm here for wibbs

I'm here for you!

Lurk because it's difficult to get a reasoned female insight on anything anywhere else for various reasons.

Don't post often because the point i'm trying to make has usually been made by someone else but when i do it tends to be as a counter-point to a post that I, as a bloke, think is fairly misrepresentative of or a generalisation about men in general.

This is prob not an ideal way to post, and the amount of times I've typed out a reply, read over it and then refrained from posting are innumerable.

Also, for Wibbs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The ****ing about in this thread from certain members was the exact thing I was talking about in the feedback thread :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    The ****ing about in this thread from certain members was the exact thing I was talking about in the feedback thread :rolleyes:

No, it really wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I tend to lurk around here because I like women. Plain and simple. Women look great, they sound great and I like hearing what they say. I wouldn't want to live in a world without them.

I could understand if some didn't like this intrusion though, and if so amybe it should be a private forum. But I would hate that...

• Advertisement

Lil Kitten wrote: »

Poor lil kitten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I could understand if some didn't like this intrusion though, and if so maybe it should be a private forum. But I would hate that...

Me too :)
    I like having a mixture of thoughts on a topic, both male and female - I think it gives a more rounded, balanced opinion, as well as making for interesting, insightful conversation.

I know that TLL is designed to offer issues from the female perspective, but personally, I don't see why the forum should ever need to be exclusive to just females.
    Plenty of males have a valuable and thought-provoking contribution to make.
    If they weren't allowed post, I could see the forum taking a completely different turn that I'm not sure I'd be happy with.

If they weren't allowed post, I could see the forum taking a completely different turn that I'm not sure I'd be happy with.

Its extremely shallow-minded to exclude people based on gender..i cant think of any other forums where the idea would be even countenanced.
    For example,BGRH,which in title alone would tend to be limited to men has a large female "fan base" and would be a much less interesting place without thier input.
    Certainly this is the "ladies" lounge and certainly ladies are in the majority here,but where you get ladies you'll also get men..if people think this is in some way wrong they should perhaps start thier own forum to discuss thier obvious grievances in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Degsy, I very much doubt that you have a good reason for bumping this thread two weeks on beyond being a pain in my hole.

6 months ban and good luck to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement