Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide to using Xbins

Options
  • 24-02-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Guide to using xbins

1.Step 1 is to download mIRC, you can get this by going to www.mIrc.com and downloading it, its free and easy. Just go to the site, click download mIRC and chose the closest one to you. After done downloading open and install it.
    nonamejb.png

2. Next thing you should do is go to www.flashfxp.com or you favorite p2p client and get yourself flashfxp. After you got that install it and move on to step three.
    noname1h.png

3.Heres where it starts to get complicated, first open up mIRC and close all the pop-ups then press Alt+O to open up the options menu, where it says IRC Network chose “Efnet” and then underneath that chose the server closest to you. Then click connect Connect to IRC Server. It the server you chose isn’t loading keep on trying other ones until you find one that works, I personally use London.
    noname2.png

4. After doing that your screen should look like this, if it doesn’t you should click the little yellow folder with the “#+” on it. Next where it says Enter name of channel to join: type in “#xbins” without the quotes. And then press “Join”.
    noname3h.png

5. Your screen should look like this:
    noname4a.png

Read all the stuff, ITS IMPORTANT . then type in “!list” without the quotes and after 2-3 seconds a new thing saying xbins should appear near the top of your screen. Click it.

6. Your screen should look like this:
    noname5a.png

noname6a.png

Read all the stuff ITS IMPORTANT . Then remember your username and password, you’ll need that stuff for flashfxp. And remember each time you use a name and password it will be deleted and a new password will be regenerated so you have to repeat return to #xbins and type in “!list” again for a new password.

7. Open flashfxp and press continue.
    noname7a.png

8. Next press the lightning bolt and then Quick Connect or you can just press F8 to open the quick connect screen. It should look like this:
    noname8v.png

9. We’re almost there. Now just fill in the information that you got from step 6, then press connect. It should look something like this:
    noname9a.png

10. After pressing Connect your screen should look like this:
    noname10a.png

11. Now just simply click and drag all the files you want from the right side to the left but remember there is an 70 files limit. Hope this helped you and I would like to give a special thanks to the people at www.xbox-scene.com.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You put a lot of work into that there, fair play. Maybe Im missing something, but I just downloaded & ran Xbins and I got the three directories within the xbins program, without going near flashfxp or miirc...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

good tut but as EN said youcan use auto-xbins

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

It's just the manual way, no harm in posting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

no harm at all, I was always curious how it was done! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sometimes the xbins structure can be an issue for me. If using FlashFXP you can press CTRL+R (Raw Command) and type "SITE SEARCH <file or search string", e.g. "SITE SEARCH xbr" and it'll display the results in the status window in the bottom left pane

• Advertisement
Advertisement