Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allotments

Options
  • 24-02-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just wondering is their a need for allotments in Towns such as Tuam,Lougrea,Ballinasloe,would it help familys.I am wondering if people would be intrested in the concept it was popular not to long ago
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

There is huge interest in allotments all over the county/country- any scheme that is proposed or has been set up is usually well oversubscribed immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

There is a 27 acre IDA owned field on the outskirts of Tuam which has been lying idle for the past 10 or 12 years that would be ideal for allotments seeing as no job is ever going to be created there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

dec25532 wrote: »
    There is a 27 acre IDA owned field on the outskirts of Tuam which has been lying idle for the past 10 or 12 years that would be ideal for allotments seeing as no job is ever going to be created there.

I agree, absolutely. But the IDA is a semi state body and do you think they would be ameliable to a sensible idea like that. In my experience I doubt it very much, aint that the problem with corporate Ireland, let someone else solve our problems. Great idea, as anything productive is in our present situation.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pops

How about renting a field from a local farmer?

Advertisement