Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Broadband Installed not during 9-5

• 24-02-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Simply enough problem, does anyone know of a broadband service that will install broadband after 6 on a weekday or on the weekend. Can't really stay at home because me and the housemate just started jobs and can't really take a day off for it.

We can't get UPC/NTL because their is no broadband in our area (despite being in the city centre:confused:) and eircom do't install after 4:30 or the weekends (apparently).

So anyone know of a broadband service that will install around the above times. Also it would be preferable if the service is not utterly sh*te.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

you don't need anyone to come to your house to install broadband unless its a new line being fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Well thats exactly it we will have to get a new line in so, any suggestions?

Wireless broadband could be your best bet Doylesbags.. I've used my laptop through my phone's 3g and it's nifty enough. If you're not downloading much, it'd work.

Other than that, find someone to chill in the house for the day while somethin gets installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A 3G connection is not broadband, and not really suited to sharing either.

Is there an old line in the house, or is there nothing in place? If there is a physical line there, then no install is needed, they just need to reactivate it.

Advertisement