Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FORAS Co-Op Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 24-02-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Cork City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2010

This thread is for team talk, gossip and rumours pertaining to Cork City. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Time to do away with that other thread.

The new team in Cork is being run by the fan trust FORAS. 2 staff were employed today, and it seems as if last years assistant, Tommy Dunne, is confirmed as boss for the assault on the First Division. Which means that Rodders is gone before he even started :D

Onwards and upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Tommy Dunne is the new manager of Cork City.
    Cork City FORAS Co-op are pleased to announce the appointment of Tommy Dunne as first team manager for the 2010 League of Ireland season. Having fulfilled the role of assistant manager in Cork in the 2009 season, Tommy brings the necessary experience and qualifications to the club as we embark on a new journey in Cork football.

His decision to take on this challenging role is a measure of his commitment and ambition and, as the Board of Management’s preferred candidate, we are sure that all involved in Cork football will fully support him. The club would like to thank all candidates who expressed an interest in the position and wish them every success in the future.

Speaking on his appointment, Tommy stated “It’s a job I would always have liked and I’m delighted to take it on. Last year was an enjoyable year for me even though there were problems with the club. I’ve enjoyed being in Cork, the people, and playing in Turner’s Cross and the atmosphere there. It’s an exciting job and I’m looking forward to getting started.”

Kevin Mullen is the new General Manager of Cork City.
    Cork City FORAS Co-Op is pleased to announce the appointment of Kevin Mullen as the club’s General Manager. Kevin’s role will oversee the day-to-day running of the club, with an emphasis on implementing the club’s budget and maximising all available revenue streams.

With over a decade of experience of working in professional football, including a number of years service to Cork City FC as Operations Manager and Head of Commercial under the various ownerships, Kevin brings a wealth of know-how and contacts to the position.

Confirming his appointment, Kevin said: “I am delighted that FORAS have given me the opportunity to assist them in their initial success. Without a doubt this will prove to be a challenging, however very rewarding, time as we prepare for the 2010 season.

“With my vast commercial experience gained over the last 15 years, I sincerely hope my endeavours will prove worthwhile in putting football in this fantastic city firmly back on the map.”

“I have an open door policy and people are welcome to call, email or meet with me in person to discuss suggestions and any assistance they may be able to offer the club.

“Commercially, it is fundamental that we seek the support of Cork’s business community immediately, and I look forward to working with all supporters and stakeholders of the club in the coming weeks and beyond.”

John O’Sullivan, Chairman, said: “I am delighted that Kevin has agreed to come on board as we look forward to a fresh start. Kevin has an excellent working knowledge of the game and his appointment will be a huge asset as we look to establish ourselves.”

Éanna Buckley is the new Club Administrator of Cork City.
    Following the appointment of Kevin Mullen as General Manager, Cork City FORAS Co-op are pleased to announce that Éanna Buckley has been appointed as Club Administrator.

Éanna, who worked with Cork City FC since 2006, will assist General Manager Kevin Mullen in preparing the club for the 2010 season. Éanna’s role will focus on the club’s Season Ticket programme (details of which will be announced shortly), the matchday programme, media, public relations, promoting the club around the city & county, team and supporter travel arrangements and other administrative matters.

Following his appointment, Éanna said: “I am thrilled to have been given this opportunity. This is an exciting new beginning for League of Ireland football in Cork, and I believe that this is an opportunity which everyone must endeavour to make the most of. I hope that all supporters of League of Ireland football in Cork will get behind us in the coming weeks and look forward to working with all involved.”

Commenting on the appointment, Chairman John O’Sullivan said: “Éanna has been involved with Cork City for many years, both as a supporter and, more recently, in a professional capacity. His knowledge of the club at every level will be of great benefit to us, and the club is delighted to have him working with us.

As a club owned by the supporters, we will have a very strong community ethos and we look forward to working with everyone concerned to build a strong club that Cork can be proud of, founded on the passion of our supporters.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's tough on roddy, he has a 100% record as city boss. could the argument be made that he relegated ANOTHER club??

cheerio roddy! don't let the gate hit you on the way out. that's made my day :)

great news about dunne. good appointment. the two off the field appointments are excellent choices too.

it seems odd feeling positive about football again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

give us yer bleeding goalie ffs we will pay him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who or what is Cork City FC?

They don't exist any more.

Good news for Eanna, he's a friend of mine and was being ridden by TNB.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »

until the name is bought off the liquidator, anyway.

eanna out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's their way of shortening Cork City FORAS Co-op so that it sounds like the exact same club as before, even though it's a startup club.

Roar wrote: »
    eanna out.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

dreamers75 wrote: »
    give us yer bleeding goalie ffs we will pay him :D

He's not ours anymore. He's Toms. ;)

It's their way of shortening Cork City FORAS Co-op so that it sounds like the exact same club as before, even though it's a startup club.
    The holding company Cork City Investment FC Ltd was wound up. It's hardly the first time a club has had to be reformed. We're not even the only team in the LoI that has had to reform this season. Now, back to the football :)

• Advertisement

Continuity Cork City it is then

don't feed the troll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Best of luck with the new team. Cork footy fans have my total admiration. They follow their team through thick and thin and shake your hand at the end of the game.

Respect...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/?page_id=77

They'd want to hurry up or they'll find themselves in the A Championship quite quickly.

Fixtures put down for Fridays.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good luck with it all lads. Despite everything that's gone on, I still believe this is the best possible outcome for League of Ireland football in Cork. Wouldn't mind an away cup draw down there this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Bit of a shambles how FORAS got to this point but good luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Best of luck.

Another club in the hands of the people who will always care the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

eanna out.

PI
    >

• Advertisement

Old Cork thrown out of SSC, sligo and the nordies get a 3-0 walkover.

FORAS Co-Op playing in Turners X, confirmed on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

FORAS Co-Op playing in Turners X, confirmed on RTE.

Any sign of the new kit yet? I guess it is a little early to be asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Got to get a squad together first, then the kit can be worried about Id imagine.

Great news that TX is being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Best of luck to Cork and its fans, hopefully it will be onwards and upwards from here out and I'm sure they will be back in the premier division before long.

Best of luck to Cork and its fans, hopefully it will be onwards and upwards from here out and I'm sure they will be back in the premier division before long.

before shels will be, anyway

:P

before shels will be, anyway

:P

Least we know something; we've last longer than EVERY football club from Cork who played in the LoI (, f&ck it if we're in the 1st Division.;)

Least we know something; we've last longer than EVERY football club from Cork who played in the LoI (, f&ck it if we're in the 1st Division.;)

And yet Sporting Fingal are only a couple of years old and beat ye into the premier division.:p

Face it, the fact ye've been around for over a hundred years does'nt change the simple fact that ye're ****e.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good luck with it all lads. Despite everything that's gone on, I still believe this is the best possible outcome for League of Ireland football in Cork. Wouldn't mind an away cup draw down there this season.

The less Rovers have to play down there the better. We have a shocking record. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dfx- wrote: »
    The less Rovers have to play down there the better. We have a shocking record. :)

I like the new tactic better anyway: sign half their team and the club goes down a division. Why didn't we think of it sooner? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

3 decades older than ALL of their franchises combined, in fact.

dfx- wrote: »

Im going to miss the average 4 points we take from there a season :(

And yet Sporting Fingal are only a couple of years old and beat ye into the premier division.:p

Give us the guts of a €16,000 budget a week and a few apartments and cars and we'll be in the Premier too.

Give us the guts of a €16,000 budget a week and a few apartments and cars and we'll be in the Premier too.

Cobh did that on a shoestring budget a few years ago so ye've no excuse there either.

Cobh did that on a shoestring budget a few years ago so ye've no excuse there either.

UCD?

• Advertisement

here, have a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its decent players you need to win promotion not apartments and cars ,
    Is it true that Irish Glass are your new sponsors this year because they heard you are bottlers ?

Is it true that Irish Glass are your new sponsors this year because they heard you are bottlers ?

i laughed.

Will a moderator please change the name of this thread. Cork city fc is no more so why is their name being used for a diffrent team.
    Change it to Cork city fiasco fc rumour thread.

mods don't care about the loi

• Advertisement

If Foras buys the Cork city name , will they claim their history as well ?

If Foras buys the Cork city name , will they claim their history as well ?

Rovers did so assume its the norm.

No they didnt, Rovers didnt fold the fans took it over before it happened.

News about tickets, season tickets, and our first sponsor!
    Ticket Prices 2010
    Feb.26, 2010

With the 2010 season almost upon us, Cork City FORAS Co-op is pleased to confirm admission prices as the club embarks on an exciting new beginning.
    Admission prices for the season have been set at a bargain €10 for adults and just €5 for Under 18’s and OAP’s.

League of Ireland football in Cork will recommence for the 2010 season with an exciting Munster derby against Waterford United on Friday, March 12th, and we look forward to a huge turnout at Turner’s Cross for what promises to be an entertaining fixture.

2010 Season Tickets
    Feb.26, 2010

Cork City FORAS Co-op is delighted to offer supporters the opportunity to see their club in action this season for less than €9 a game.

Season Tickets will go on sale in the coming days and will be available at the bargain price of €139 for adults and €69 for Under 18’s/OAP’s.

Keep watching CorkCityFORASCo-op.com for further details and application forms.

Flor Griffin sign up to support the club!
    Feb.26, 2010

Cork City FORAS Co-op are delighted to announce Flor Griffin as the first of many sponsors for the 2010 Season.

Following an enquiry from the club, Flor Griffin have generously provided some much needed hardware in the form of computers and associated software which will be of great assistance to the club.

General Manager Kevin Mullen said: “We are delighted to have Flor Griffin on board, and I would especially like to thank Norma & Florence at Flor Griffin for their generous assistance at this early stage.”

“To show our appreciation for their generous contribution, I am happy to have been able to offer them a promotional sponsorship package which reflects their generosity. We are looking forward to working with all of Cork’s business community as we build a club that will proudly represent the community which owns it. “

“It is very pleasing to have a well-known local company like Flor Griffin supporting us at this early stage, and I would urge all of our supporters to support those businesses who support their club.”

For more information on Flor Griffin, see their website. http://www.florgriffin.ie/index.php

I can't wait for the football! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    News about tickets, season tickets, and our first sponsor!

I can't wait for the football! :D

It's great to be able to talk about the football again, rather than the drama :D

Gonna hopefully make the trip to Derry next Friday for the first game. Should be interesting to see what kind of squad Dunne puts together before then. Waters and McNulty seem to be the only ones confirmed/mentioned as of yet, and George (?). Would imagine the likes of Timmy, Mulcahy, Greg and some youths would be signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

We were in the Premier Div long before Franchise were a twinkling in a property developer's eye.

But it will be a long time before you are there again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

I'd say reality could start biting fairly soon. There is a good chance we could get hockeyed in our first two games, and might struggle against Athlone in our third game.
    Still.I'll happily take bad results for awhile, if all I have to read about in the papers is reports of our games, and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Seriously, some of you guys need to get over yourselves.

As for the football, is there any word on what sort of team will be put out for the friendly tomorrow?

As for the football, is there any word on what sort of team will be put out for the friendly tomorrow?

A winning one. We beat Crosshaven 7-0 in the run-out today. Mostly Cork lads involved. I'll wait until signings are confirmed before going into names.

• Advertisement
Advertisement