Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FORAS Co-Op Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can't see us getting much up there tonight.

But over the next few weeks we should start to find our feet. Great to be talking about football again for a change.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Best of luck to the lads and the management in their first league game of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

City FORAS Co-Op til I die!!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If you can work that into a chant I'll be impressed ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Any Munster Senior League players signed up?
    I don't think we can sign MSL players until the next transfer window unfortunately. We're rumoured to have signed Wesley Tong (GK, City youth sides), Dave Warren (MC, Waterford United), and Gearóid Morrissey (MC, Blackburn Rovers).

I think I'll stick to "Cork City till I die". :)

Live updates for tonight's match here: http://corkcityforasco-op.com/updates/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

derrycity.gif

1928 :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thats an absolute disgrace to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Any update on the kit yet?

Dean820 wrote: »
    Any update on the kit yet?

Hummel are the Official Kit Supplier for the next two seasons. A “temporary kit” of traditional green, white and red will be worn by Tommy Dunne’s players for the season kick-off. Not sure how long it'll take for the actual kit to be released.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Hummel are the Official Kit Supplier for the next two seasons. A “temporary kit” of traditional green, white and red will be worn by Tommy Dunne’s players for the season kick-off. Not sure how long it'll take for the actual kit to be released.

I think I read somewhere that it can take 6-9 months to design a kit, but hummel will fast track it as much as they can

For anyone who can't make the match and is looking for updates on the game, the link is here http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/index.php/2010/03/latest-from-the-brandywell/

• Advertisement

Drive 105 will be broadcasting the Derry home games live on 105.3 FM and on the web: http://wm9.easystream.co.uk/drive105/

Shows start at 7:30pm

Starting XI:
    Mark McNulty
    Ian Turner
    Greg O'Halloran
    Stephen Mulcahy
    Dave Rogers
    Davin O'Neill
    Cillian Lordan
    Eoin Forde
    Willie Heffernan
    Graham Cummins
    Paul Deasy

Subs:
    Wesley Tong
    John Dineen

I presume players like Sammy and Softic didn't get international clearance in time.

Probably:
    Nults
    Turner Mulcahy O'Halloran Rogers
    O'Neill Lordan Forde Heffernan
    Cummins Deasy

Here's a better radio link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/derrycitychat/2010/03/05/derry-city-v-cork-city-fc

Starting XI:
    Mark McNulty
    Ian Turner
    Greg O'Halloran
    Stephen Mulcahy
    Dave Rogers
    Davin O'Neill
    Cillian Lordan
    Eoin Forde
    Willie Heffernan
    Graham Cummins
    Paul Deasy

Subs:
    Wesley Tong
    John Dineen

I presume players like Sammy and Softic didn't get international clearance in time.

Probably:
    Nults
    Turner Mulcahy O'Halloran Rogers
    O'Neill Lordan Forde Heffernan
    Cummins Deasy

Here's a better radio link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/derrycitychat/2010/03/05/derry-city-v-cork-city-fc

Yeah, said on the back of the Echo that it was doubtful that they would get it in time for tonights game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I can't understand a damn thing what that man is saying! It's 0-0 anyway.

Still, that team actually looks alright. Softic will be a big player for us, especially in the 1st division. Never heard of that Sammy guy - have you seen his Wiki though? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuele_Emiliano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Cork up 1-0. O'Neill 47 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

blindpilot wrote: »
    Cork up 1-0. O'Neill 47 mins

Damn it, it's 1 all now. Farran got it

FT: Derry City 1 - 1 Cork City
    It sounded as if Derry were the better team, but all things considered, a point at the Brandywell is a very good result.

I can't understand a damn thing what that man is saying! It's 0-0 anyway.

Still, that team actually looks alright. Softic will be a big player for us, especially in the 1st division.
    They don't come much bigger than Softic! He played centre-back against Crosshaven.

Never heard of that Sammy guy - have you seen his Wiki though? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuele_Emiliano
    Some fans got that picture off his facebook. He could be a very good player for us.

Well done to the lads! A point away from home at the Brandywell is a great result imo, team hasn't been together that long and got a decent result away from home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Well done to the lads! A point away from home at the Brandywell is a great result imo, team hasn't been together that long and got a decent result away from home!

+1

Considering how small the squad was and that it was only together for a week, a 1 all draw away to Derry is an unbelievable result.

The first home game of the season at The Cross against our neighbours, Waterford is our next match on Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is Georgie going to play anywhere this year? Any idea how much these chaps are being paid a week? And where is the money coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Great atmosphere at the Brandywell tonight, a good crowd travelled which was great to see. Seems it was international clearance that prevented Sammy and Adi from playing as both made the trip up. Hopefully it'll be sorted for next week.

As for the team tonight, looked fairly strong considering the short time in which the squad was put together. Roll on next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Damn it, it's 1 all now. Farran got it

I thought Farren had taken time off for his tumour or whatever it was.
    have you seen his Wiki though? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuele_Emiliano

:eek::eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

A 1-1 draw in the Brandywell is a great result especially when the squad has only been formed this week.:)

I won't be able to make the game at the cross next week though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

_47424044_oneill_harkin_226.jpg

Pic of kit. Its small but you can make it out. Looks nice.

Is Georgie going to play anywhere this year? Any idea how much these chaps are being paid a week? And where is the money coming from?
    Georgie is being linked with some Dutch clubs and Linfield. I've no idea where he'll be playing football this year. All the players are part-time. I think we have a similar playing budget to mid-table First Division teams.

More photos here:
    http://sportsfile.com/more-images/10030045/
    http://www.inpho.ie/cgi-bin/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wa/e?e=gaCgtFiaY04gG8Tv1R9EzvcJvBLGGFaO5hjADzdLR2Y.a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Dean820 wrote: »
    _47424044_oneill_harkin_226.jpg

Pic of kit. Its small but you can make it out. Looks nice.

Nice kit. The crest looks very big though. Is there a main sponsor on it? The Derry one looks very Sligo for me. Didn't they always have white sleeves.

fh041205 wrote: »
    Nice kit. The crest looks very big though. Is there a main sponsor on it? The Derry one looks very Sligo for me. Didn't they always have white sleeves.

No main sponsor on it - there has been quite a few business sponsoring the team, so I presume with time, they will get them on the jersey

672e27663ba41e87974df560eb45b351b9acc2f07a.jpg

Starting 11 from last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No main sponsor on it - there has been quite a few business sponsoring the team, so I presume with time, they will get them on the jersey

672e27663ba41e87974df560eb45b351b9acc2f07a.jpg

Starting 11 from last night

Is that Dave Rogers in the back row far right???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is that Dave Rogers in the back row far right???

Indeed it is, he played very well last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Indeed it is, he played very well last night.

Jaysus, i didn't know he signed for you's!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, i didn't know he signed for you's!

Yeah

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64754385&postcount=94

Nice piece on the back of the Echo, there is full page report inside as well

Evening Echo

For anyone that wants to have that picture as their background, its available here

The fixtures wallpaper is here

I don't think we can sign MSL players until the next transfer window unfortunately. We're rumoured to have signed Wesley Tong (GK, City youth sides), Dave Warren (MC, Waterford United), and Gearóid Morrissey (MC, Blackburn Rovers).

Warren & Tong are listed on the site - Morrissey isn't yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Heard some FORAS plank on newstalk this evening referring to "bitter shels fans".
    :rolleyes:

In yer heads lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think I might give the LOI one more chance, given that clubs seem to be getting things together, apart from a few clowns up around Dublin that I won't even name because their fans will be on here crying, still spending money that you can't see coming from anywhere

Going to go to the match on Friday I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Des wrote: »
    Heard some FORAS plank on newstalk this evening referring to "bitter shels fans".
    :rolleyes:

In yer heads lads.

The irony of that statement coming from a Shels fan :p

Seems there is trouble already - 3 players signed will not be eligible to play until June/July due to some paperwork issue. I think its a simple as registrations not being submitted on time. if true, i think there are 14-15 eligible players which is extremely tight.

Personally I think the FAI should offer the club some leeway as the club was only set up on Feb 23rd or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think I might give the LOI one more chance, given that clubs seem to be getting things together, apart from a few clowns up around Dublin that I won't even name because their fans will be on here crying, still spending money that you can't see coming from anywhere

Going to go to the match on Friday I think

I can see the headlines on all the club sites now:

Rejoice for he hath returned.

Has somebody informed MNS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote: »
    Seems there is trouble already - 3 players signed will not be eligible to play until June/July due to some paperwork issue. I think its a simple as registrations not being submitted on time. if true, i think there are 14-15 eligible players which is extremely tight.

Personally I think the FAI should offer the club some leeway as the club was only set up on Feb 23rd or something.

can you imagine the uproar of bitterness that would come from the lemons if that did happen?

it is very tight alright, a few injuries and we'll be in big time trouble..

Roar wrote: »
    can you imagine the uproar of bitterness that would come from the lemons if that did happen?

it is very tight alright, a few injuries and we'll be in big time trouble..

Is there an Emergency Loan window?
    Surely have 13/14 players counts as an Emergency?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe Bray should get some too.

I dunno would it be within the FAI's remit to give it, wouldn't it be FIFA that they would have to apply to for any emergency transfers or anything regarding the transfers?

stovelid wrote: »
    Maybe Bray should get some too.

I agree totally. I also think Bray should be given compensation.
    They sold players as they felt they would be in a lower division and wouldn't be able to keep players on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Cork City FORAS Co-op can confirm that Declan Edwards, Admir Softic and Samuele Emiliano have not received international clearance as a result of their registrations with their previous clubs.

Unfortunately, the players' contractual situation at their previous clubs, which came to light after the request for international clearance was made, meant that the players were not eligible to sign for the club after the transfer window closed.

The club is disappointed that the players are unable to pursue their footballing careers in Cork, however we wish them the best of luck for the future. The club's focus will now turn to recruiting additional players to bolster the squad which performed so well against Derry City last Friday night.

italian sammy was supposedly decent, admir lives in cork so he's gonna train with the club and sign with them when he can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sammy would have been a very good signing from what I saw of him on youtube. Admir will sign in a few months, a very decent player with stacks of experience, he will be a very big player for City for many a year to come !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sammy would have been a very good signing from what I saw of him on youtube. Admir will sign in a few months, a very decent player with stacks of experience, he will be a very big player for City for many a year to come !!

The only way he will be big will be his stature.

Don't think he's a good footballer and is an average athlete.

Admir will do very well in the 1st division.

3 new sponsorship deals are to be announced today for City. All quite interesting.

Admir will do very well in the 1st division.

3 new sponsorship deals are to be announced today for City. All quite interesting.
    Cork City FORAS Co-op is delighted to announce that Beamish, Fota Wildlife Park and Cork’s Red FM have tonight been confirmed as key partners to the Club for the 2010 season.

Tommy Dunne’s players will wear the Beamish logo on the front of their shirts, as the famous Cork stout will be unveiled as Premier Club Partner at the Munster derby against Waterford United at Turner’s Cross on Friday night.

One of Ireland’s favourite family attractions, Fota Wildlife Park will have their logo displayed on the back of the jersey as they become the Club’s Official Family Partner.

Cork’s Red FM will have their logo displayed on both sleeves of the jersey, as the Bishopstown-based station take on the role of Official Radio Partner.

Commenting on the announcement, exclusively revealed at a press gathering at The Turners Cross Tavern, General Manager Kevin Mullen said: “I am delighted that three highly respected Cork brands have shown their support for the club by coming on board as our key partners. I look forward to making detailed announcements on all three partnerships in the coming days.”

Beamish, Fota Wildlife Park and Cork’s Red FM join Danish sportswear firm hummel into the Club’s stable of Partners for the 2010 season.

cummins_jersey_2010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Does Yiddo know you swiped his photo??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's a nice looking jersey in fairness. I hope they won't leave the Beamish logo on the back of the jersey though.

Advertisement