Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FORAS Co-Op Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think its awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Nice looking jersey, imo

Any news on when it's being released??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I don't know about the grey areas on the shirt, would have been nice if they were red and I find the crest seems to be way too big on the shirt!

No idea when they are out though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think they can be purchased from May which is when Hummel say they should nhave them,but they will have a white collar, saw them on facebook, not bad looking at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

The photo posted on the previous page is of the interim jersey if anyone wasn't sure. You can get an idea what the official jerseys will look like here: http://corkcityforasco-op.com/shop/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

New jersey can be pre-purchased now and will be available in May

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mick Devine and Shane Duggan (? can't remember who they said!) had signed according to a source close to the club

fermoyboy wrote: »
    New jersey can be pre-purchased now and will be available in May

I like that red one, pretty cool, might order it!

Mick Devine and Shane Duggan (? can't remember who they said!) had signed according to a source close to the club
    Shane Duggan, Mick Devine, Rory Morrissey, and David Clancy all confirmed signings on the official website. Duggan is quality, great signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Brilliant news.

Getting Shane Duggan is a real coup.

Excellent footballer.

Bar Barry Molloy at Derry, don't see a better midfielder in the league.

Can't wait for tomorrows game.:)

• Advertisement

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Shane Duggan, Mick Devine, Rory Morrissey, and David Clancy all confirmed signings on the official website. Duggan is quality, great signing!

That was only confirmed in the last hour I'd think - I was on the site an hour ago and there was no mention as far as I could see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Dunne has put together a great squad. Nice to see the likes of Duggan and Devine sign.

Hopefully get a decent crowd now tomorrow night, looking forward to being back at the cross :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Seemingly, we meet in the League Cup yet again this year :D

I was chatting to Shane out in Bishopstown yesterday and he's happy to be back. Massive signing for us as he'll be a huge player in the 1st Division.

Mick will be good back-up for McNulty.

Think Morrissey and Clancy are only on short-term contracts to strengthen the squad for now.

Should be a good game tonight if Davin is fit to play.

oldyouth wrote: »
    Seemingly, we meet in the League Cup yet again this year :D
    We'll have to set the record straight this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

We'll have to set the record straight this time!
    Looking forward to you all coming over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to see 4401 souls down the X for tonights game. The game itself turned on a shocking decision by the ref. He gave a pen when the Waterford player looked to have tripped himself and then handled the ball. The second was from an intercepted pass - nicely finished though -and to top it off the ref sent Greg off with 8mins to go - a Very soft red. Everyone knows it will take time for this City team to get fit and start playing more like a team, but they certainly tried to play it on the ground as much as they could. They will be there or there abouts at the end of the season if they can get up and running on the pitch in the coming weeks. Away to Derry and home to Waterford - two tough matches to start anyones season in the First Division, let alone starting your history a week or two after after being formed. Onwards on upwards, City Till I Die !!

oldyouth wrote: »
    Looking forward to you all coming over.
    I don't get to many away games but I'll be making the effort to go to Wexford. I want to see what Mick Wallace is after building there. Something to aspire to.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great to see 4401 souls down the X for tonights game. The game itself turned on a shocking decision by the ref. He gave a pen when the Waterford player looked to have tripped himself and then handled the ball. The second was from an intercepted pass - nicely finished though -and to top it off the ref sent Greg off with 8mins to go - a Very soft red. Everyone knows it will take time for this City team to get fit and start playing more like a team, but they certainly tried to play it on the ground as much as they could. They will be there or there abouts at the end of the season if they can get up and running on the pitch in the coming weeks. Away to Derry and home to Waterford - two tough matches to start anyones season in the First Division, let alone starting your history a week or two after after being formed. Onwards on upwards, City Till I Die !!
    That about sums it up. It's probably a good thing that we had those two games to start off, thrown in at the deep end. Onwards and upwards.

It was some night overall, great attendance, CRS in full voice and colours. You know it's a good thing when kick off is delayed, because of crowd congestion :pac:
    Felt like the buzz could well and truly be back.

As for on the field happenings, Shamobuc summed it up pretty well, although, what was Greg sent off for? didn't see what had happened.

It's gonna take another bit for the team to gel together more, but thought the likes of Turner, Forde, Heffernan all look very promising. Looking forward to see how the team progress throughout the season. Tommy Dunne's Rebel Army :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Great to see so many out for the game, hopefully though this doesn't mean they start to budget for this many coming out every week, we all know the Irish people...difficult for a ten day old club playing against one with 80 years of proud history

• Advertisement

Great to see so many out for the game, hopefully though this doesn't mean they start to budget for this many coming out every week, we all know the Irish people...difficult for a ten day old club playing against one with 80 years of proud history
    The playing budget won't be increased during the season. 80 years? I thought they were formed in 1982. :P We can claim our history back as far as 1924 so.

There are Championship clubs after our players already.

It's old news at this stage but Gearóid Morrissey has signed from Blackburn. I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Interview with him here: http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/index.php/2010/03/gearoid-morrissey-interview/

Cathal Lordan has signed too. http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/index.php/2010/03/cathal-lordan-signs/

We've also signed 23 year old Slovenian defender Uros Hojan.
    http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/index.php/2010/03/slovenian-defender-hojan-signs/
    Slovenian Defender Hojan Signs
    March 19, 2010

Cork City FORAS Co-op are delighted to announce the signing of Slovenian defender Uros Hojan.

Hojan can play at both left back and in central defence, and joins the club after a spell with Swedish side Jönköpings Södra IF.

The defender, 23, said he was pleased to have signed: “I am very happy to have signed. I have enjoyed training with the team for the last few days, and I am looking forward to playing for the club.”

Manager Tommy Dunne said: “Uros has been training with us for a couple of days and has impressed in that time. He is a left-sided defender, and that is an area of our squad which needed strengthening. He is quite young, but he has played in Slovenia, Sweden and Iceland already in his career, so he has a bit of experience as well. I’m very pleased that he has signed.”

A 1 all draw for City tonight away to a 9 man Athlone team. Athlone scored first but Davin equilised for the spot 5 mins later. 2 red cards for Athlone in the last 20 mins

City 4-2 up against Mervue atm :):D

Duggan got a hat trick and Cummins got the other 1 for us. Crowd of 2,192 at the Cross tonight

Great to see such a good crowd, pity we didn't score 2 or 3 more goals, we certainly had the chances, onwards and upwards.

Nice to see a decent crowd there tonight, hopefully the win will encourage people to come back to the cross.

First ever win for Cork City Foras Co-op! :D Fair play to Duggan, great player and tbh wouldn't be surprised if he was snapped up by an English club in the summer. Hope Cummins injury isn't too serious also.

McNulty has never been my first choice to see in goals, and I thought maybe 1st division would be more his level, but nothing has changed. Those two goals were shoddy goals to give away and he's not only to blame, but the back four. Hopefully once the lads get a few more games, they'll gel a bit more. Anyway, roll on Limerick next week, looking forward to it :)

Website is looking well these days!!

For anyone interested in owning a piece of history, they have put up the shirts worn by O Neill (Derry game) and Cummins (Mervue game) that they scored in on ebay to raise money

€202 for O Neills shirt

more info here

McNulty has never been my first choice to see in goals, and I thought maybe 1st division would be more his level, but nothing has changed. Those two goals were shoddy goals to give away and he's not only to blame, but the back four.

1st goal was from a scramble in the box, 2nd was a good cross into the box and a good finish. Bit harsh blaming McNulty for them.

I have never really rated him and he certainly does not inspire confidence whenever I see him play. Maybe his confidence will improve with a few good displays, hopefully so.

• Advertisement

fermoyboy wrote: »
    1st goal was from a scramble in the box, 2nd was a good cross into the box and a good finish. Bit harsh blaming McNulty for them.

About 2 minutes before Mervues first goal, they lumped the ball into the box and McNulty flapped at it badly. It was obvious if they did this again, they might get some success, and they did.

Id have Mick Devine back in a heartbeat.

gimmick wrote: »
    Id have Mick Devine back in a heartbeat.

Mick was past his best the last season he played with us and cost us a lot of goals that season. He is older now so doubt he has gotten any better in the time since!!! He's only back at the club as back-up and for coaching. McNulty is No.1 for now.

Yeah he does make mistake's but he ain't as bad as some people make him out to be.

Website is looking well these days!!

For anyone interested in owning a piece of history, they have put up the shirts worn by O Neill (Derry game) and Cummins (Mervue game) that they scored in on ebay to raise money

€202 for O Neills shirt

more info here

Only a few hours left now.

http://shop.ebay.ie/corkcityforasco-op/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Davin's jersey went for €302 and Cummin's jersey went for €265.

Killer and Turner are the next two to be auctioned.
    http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/home/index.php/2010/04/own-our-captains-shirt/
    Own Our Captain’s Shirt!
    April 3, 2010

Cork City FORAS Co-op is delighted to offer supporters the chance to own a piece of the club’s history, as the jerseys worn by the squad in the opening weeks of the season are to be auctioned online over the coming weeks.

The next two jerseys to be auctioned will be the number 2 and 14 jerseys worn by defender Ian Turner and our very first club captain Cillian Lordan.

Both players wore their respective shirts in the club’s first ever game against Derry City, and the matches against Waterford United, Athlone Town and Mervue United. The are now available on the club’s eBay site here.

If requested, the jersey can be signed by a player of the winning bidder’s choice, or by the full squad. Each jersey will also come with a certificate of authenticity.

Another good win last night, first clean sheet, 2152 official attendance. We could've scored a lot more. I thought there would've been more at the game.

At home against Wexford on Monday in the League Cup, we need to set the record straight after the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

At home against Wexford on Monday in the League Cup, we need to set the record straight after the last two seasons.

You do realise this is the clubs first season ye!?;)

• Advertisement

Comfortable 3-0 win for us tonight. Limerick or Ramblers in the next round.

Tonight's other League Cup results:
    Kerry League 0 - 2 Waterford United
    Mervue United 0 - 1 Letterkenny Rovers (After ET)
    Drogheda United 1 - 3 Bray Wanderers

You do realise this is the clubs first season ye!?;)
    I'm sure ye'll give us a nice friendly welcome on Friday. :pac:

Big game tomorrow against Mon United. 4 of the top 5 playing each other (Derry v Shels). It should be a cracker.

Big game tomorrow against Mon United. 4 of the top 5 playing each other (Derry v Shels). It should be a cracker.

Hard to get my head around "Big Game" and Monaghan in the same sentance.

How many away supporters will they have.

6 maybe

I would be shocked if it anything above zero.

• Advertisement

Some of that looks class, might get one of the tshirts alright, not too bad price wise either!

Anything cotton there?

Anything cotton there?

Some of the t-shirts maybe - I wonder if they will be putting them into some of the sports shops in Cork?? I kinda prefer to try something on before I buy it!

Stephen Mulcahy has extended his contract to the end of the 2012 season.
    Mulcahy Commits His Future to City!
    By Éanna Buckley
    Published: May 4, 2010

Cork City are delighted to announce that defender Stephen Mulcahy has committed his future to the club.

Mulcahy, who has been a consistent performer in the centre of City’s defence this season, has agreed to extend his stay at the club to the end of the 2012 season.

Manager Tommy Dunne expressed his delight with the news, saying: “I’m delighted that Stephen has committed his future to the club. Young, talented players like Stephen are the future of this club and are very important as we work to build a strong club here. Stephen has performed well since the start of the season, and he deserves to be rewarded for his performances, so I am very pleased with this development.”

“While our focus at the start of the season had to be on putting a team together at extremely short notice, as a club our focus is now turning to next season and beyond. I hope that other players will follow in Stephen’s footsteps and also commit their futures to the club.”

Speaking after the club’s 1-0 win over Salthill Devon at Turner’s Cross, the 22 year old defender said: “I am delighted to have agreed this deal and to have committed myself to the club on a long-term basis. I am very happy at the club and have been really pleased with how things have gone so far. There is a good atmosphere at the club and everyone is happy with the way things are going, so I hope that we can push on for the rest of the season and be challenging for promotion at the end of the season.”

Here's an article by Daniel McDonnell from today's Independent. He travelled with City to Harps.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/corks-long-and-grinding-road-2168513.html
    Cork's long and grinding road
    Daniel McDonnell joins the staff and players of the League's youngest club, Cork City Foras Co-Op, on their marathon 472km trek to take on Finn Harps
    Friday May 07 2010

It's 6.45am on Friday, April 30, at the Silver Springs Hotel, and a bus negotiates its way up a narrow road to a carpark. Almost in unison, weary-looking footballers emerge from their vehicles holding pillows. They come prepared.

A marathon journey awaits the staff of a new club with a long name. Cork City FC Foras Co-Op became a reality one week before the start of this season, emerging from the wreckage of the outfit formerly known as Cork City. An entity run by the supporters, for the supporters.

They entered a competition which is truly national, the 'Discover Ireland' league which goes by the name of the League of Ireland First Division. Such is the spread of participants, there are plenty of long trips to accelerate the bonding process. Today is the big one in that respect, a 472km journey to Ballybofey, via Dublin, to do battle with Finn Harps.

Jerry Harris, the club secretary with an involvement in Cork football stretching back over half a century, begins to pack gear onto the bus, reminiscing about the trips to Donegal in the 1970s and '80s. "It used to take us three days to get home," he smiles. The dancehall in Sligo was a distraction. A different era.

Within a few minutes, the bags are loaded and the headcount completed. Manager Thomas Dunne takes his seat in the front row, and confirms to the driver that we're good to go.

7.15: The party is not quite complete. Assistant boss and player Greg O'Halloran was present at the Silver Springs but his partner is expecting their first child so he is looking to minimise his time away.

So while the team is set to stay overnight, he will drive to Ashbourne, get picked up by the bus there and then travel home immediately after the game with Dave Rogers, the one squad member based in Dublin -- the ex-Shels man has started a new job as a postman in Balbriggan. From there, O'Halloran will drive back to Cork. The coach pulls over to pick up Dave Warren, who is based at Watercrosshill.

8.0: The bus is largely silent as it enters Limerick, with the passengers dozing in and out of consciousness. The local radio sports news announces Roy Keane's elevated position on the forthcoming rich list, with a fortune in excess of €34m.

In jest, club administrator and media officer Eanna Buckley is asked if there are any newspapers to read. Buckley was there for the Arkaga and Tom Coughlan eras (the man is rarely mentioned by name, but enough stories with reference to 'him' are told), a turbulent spell which ended in an inevitable collapse. Back then, there was a budget for papers and other luxuries. Bills went unpaid. FORAS are doing things differently. They won't be buying five newspapers a day.

8.45: A scheduled stop at a petrol station outside Cullahill. Kitman Caen Harris, grandson of Jerry, has just managed to nod off when he is rudely awoken by goalkeeper Mark McNulty. The startled reaction gives everyone a laugh. The players queue for rolls at the hot food counter. "It's different in the First Division," says Buckley.

A small non-playing quintet are on board; Dunne, Harris senior and junior, Buckley and physio Rob Savage. Buckley's duty during the match is to keep an eye on the balls. They bring 10 to every game and need to return with a full complement. It's 30 or 40 quid a pop if they go missing. All adds up.

9.15: We have finally left Cork airspace; the radio reception gradually deteriorated until the driver bit the bullet and switched to a national channel.

David Meyler's call-up to the Irish senior squad is discussed by those who fondly remember him coming through the ranks in Cork. Caen speaks highly of Meyler, a rarity in that he used to stick behind after training and help collect the gear. His dad John went a step further; the ex-hurler took it upon himself to carry the goalposts off single-handedly.

10.15: Dunne is on the phone, trying to co-ordinate a meeting point with O'Halloran. We are approaching Dublin, and the driver asserts that he will need another 30-minute break to supplement the 15 minutes in Cullahill for the sake of the tachograph. "We'll stretch the legs somewhere then," replies the manager.

10.39: After bypassing the capital, the bus parks up on the outskirts of Ashbourne, where O'Halloran has parked up and hops on board. Says he's looking forward to becoming a parent. "You know what's happened if you see me running off the pitch later," he quips. Full-back Ian Turner responds to a call for DVDs by producing recent release 'Kick Ass', which is put on for the bus to enjoy or endure.

11.20: Traffic. The bus is jammed outside Ardee, for a good 15 to 20 minutes. The rain begins to pour down. There is brief talk about the prospect of a postponement, given that the Finn Park surface is not renowned for its durability. "What would the missus make of that, Greg?" O'Halloran is asked.

12.10: Time for a longer stop, at McCaughey's petrol station between Carrickmacross and Monaghan. 'Kick Ass' is drawing to a close, with a mixed verdict. "You're off film duty, Turner," comes a taunt from the back, "And you're off iTunes as well." After a half-hour break, the bus sets off again, straight into the Monaghan traffic.

12.50: The air conditioning is turned on, with some members of the panel feeling stuffy. At regular intervals, players pop up to the front seat of the bus, where fruit and water is available for refreshment.

1.30: One hour from destination, so Buckley calls ahead to let the hotel know. He's been working on his laptop some time and is planning a stopover for the next trip, to Wexford, running by the arrangements with Dunne.

In the early days of the new club, Buckley's office was the Turners Cross Tavern beside the MFA-owned ground where they play their home matches.

Now, he is based at the Bishopstown training ground along with Kevin Mullen, the general manager.

There was an initial difficulty in changing over the ESB and various accounts to a new name, explaining to people that it was a new organisation, even if some of the people and the location is the same.

The local businesses are generally aware, but it's a bit more complicated when it comes to arranging away trips. Ahead of the opening game of the season, Buckley rang the hotel in Derry where Cork City had stayed twice last year; it transpired they hadn't been paid for either of those stays, and weren't so keen to cooperate. Building trust is the embryonic club's biggest challenge.

2.15: Almost there. Dunne helps the driver out with some directions as they leave Lifford and take the N15 to Ballybofey. Another phone-call ahead to schedule the pre-match meal is ordered.

2.35: The bus squeezes down the narrow road to the Villa Rose Hotel, a renovated facility beside the iconic Jacksons Hotel -- a happy stopover point for League of Ireland teams down the years which has recently undergone significant and impressive refurbishment.

Both venues are hosting weddings today, so the players pass through a lobby where the revellers are gathering before grabbing their room keys and going for a lie down.

3.0: There's no rest for Caen and Jerry Harris. After checking into their room, they're straight back on the bus to bring the gear around to the ground, where they are granted access to the away dressing-room. This is routine.

When Caen returned as kitman for this year, he resolved to do things exactly the same as in the Premier Division, so everything is laid out pristinely with all the little details taken into account; a clock is packed, as well as toilet roll, hangers and other essentials which can't be taken for granted at the other end.

Jerry follows his grandson's orders. "I'm the assistant here," he smiles.

The former Cork Alberts player, who managed the Cork City reserve and youth team sides along with fulfilling many other positions, couldn't imagine life without a team from Leeside competing in senior football. He thought that horrible day was going to dawn during the troubled end of the Coughlan regime.

Harris was fully immersed in the battle to get the Foras club organised in the frantic week before the new campaign; Dunne was staying in his house and they were on the phone from eight in the morning until 11 at night signing players and trying to process the required forms. Caen was dispatched around town to get signatures. Everyone rowed in, but it was worth it in the end.

4.30: By the time the Harris duo are back to the hotel, it's time for grub and the players emerge from their brief slumber for a meal in the restaurant. It's a pasta dish. Nothing too heavy.

5.0: Dunne sits down in the lobby, as the players head back to their rooms in advance of a team meeting at a quarter to six. The Dubliner smiles as he recalls the week as a lodger in the Harris residence. Thankfully, it's all a bit more settled now.

The son of the great Theo, and first cousin of Irish international Richard, has lived an interesting life in football. After a successful League of Ireland career, he met a Finnish girl, now his wife, and ended up moving to the Scandinavian country. They raised three girls in the city of Seinäjoki, where Dunne managed the local side for three years.

However, an offer to become assistant to Paul Doolin brought him to Cork last year, but he returned to Finland when it appeared his job was gone. It then looked like he would be kept on as number two to Roddy Collins until Cork City FC were officially put to sleep in the High Court.

Dunne was prepared to retreat to his adopted home again. Then, the call from Foras came. Now, the clan are living outside Douglas, and the kids are back in school here.

"It was a little bit topsy-turvy for them, a bit unsettling but they adapt. Kids are great that way. It's probably harder for us as adults," he says.

"The club in Finland, it was a local club but serious and similar to the timescale I put in here. It was a good learning curve in a different culture.

"I was always interested in the other side of the game when I was playing, I grew up with that around me with dad. I learned a lot from Paul, and if I was going to go into management fully, then the time is right now."

Days like this are part of the education. "Maybe what you should be doing is travelling up yesterday, staying the night, loosening in the morning and travelling home after but this suits us better because we've a game Tuesday," he says.

"It's not good to have a long journey after a game when players can be stiff. It's important we give ourselves some chance of recovery. There's a lot of games at the moment, so it's a balancing act."

6.30: After a team gathering, it's back onto the coach for the short journey around to Finn Park to get fully prepared.

8.0: It's game on, 13 hours after departing Cork. The visitors are much the better side and create more than enough chances to win the game comfortably. Alas, they have left their shooting boots at home, a succession of one-on-one chances are fluffed. It finishes 0-0.

The 30 or so travelling fans, who drove up after there wasn't enough interest in a bus to justify the cost, have mixed feelings at the conclusion; in normal circumstances, a point would be a decent return from Donegal.

10.15: Outside the dressing-room, it's goodbye from O'Halloran and Rogers, who are set to make their way home and the former will have a companion for the second part of his journey as Stephen Mulcahy has been called to work on the Saturday.

Dunne reflects on the day's work. "On the merits of the game, I thought we should have picked up three points," he says.

Given that the squad was cobbled together in such a short space of time, he would like to add to the ranks when the transfer window reopens in July, particularly as they're only three points off the play-off places. Alas, he is also aware the club will not be loosening the purse strings flippantly.

For now, it's back to the hotel, where a post-game bite to eat awaits. There won't be a night on the town. Tiredness is kicking in and, besides, they've got to train in the morning before making the return trip. Tuesday's meeting with Salthill ended with a 1-0 win and they're in Wexford this evening.

Next week, it's Limerick in the EA Sports Cup, and a crunch league meeting with Derry. After that, in a relentless series of matches, it's the comparatively short trip to encounter Munster rivals Waterford.

It never stops. They didn't allow it to.

Irish Independent

In other news, we have a new website address - http://www.corkcityfc.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Dave Warren lives in "Watercrosshill" ..... writer might need to check his spelling/sources !!!

have heard of "watergrasshill" never heard of "watercrosshill" ...even google never heard of it.

on a side note already 0-1 up tonight :D

2-0 City, Wexford missed a penalty as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

up to joint third now, happy days. hopefully we can get our home form sorted!

should be a big crowd out for the derry game on friday!

Shane Duggan has extended his contract to the end of the 2011 season!
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/index.php/2010/05/duggan-extends-contract/

The Beer Garden are running a “50 cent per drink donation to the Club” promotion on all matchdays (any drink, including minerals, coffee, etc.) and complimentary finger food after each match. They've put up a huge banner on the side of the pub, there's pictures in the article linked below.
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/index.php/2010/05/the-beer-garden-extend-their-fantastic-support/

The World Cup Prediction Competition is coming up soon too, Friday June 10 is the entry deadline.
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/index.php/fundraising/world-cup/
    https://www.eventelephant.com/corkforascoopwccompetition

Cork City Summer Camps 2010
    By Éanna Buckley
    Published: May 27, 2010

summer-camps-640x250.jpg

Cork City Foras Co-op is delighted to announce the introduction of two Summer Camps for the 2010 school summer holidays in association with UEFA licensed coach Niall O’Regan.

It what will be a fun and action packed week for hundreds of 5 to 14 year olds, we are hosting two separate week long camps, one at Bandon Football Club (19th – 23rd July) and one with our Junior Members Partner’s at LeisureWorld Churchfield (26th – 30th July).

With all attendees receiving a full City hummel training kit, tickets to see City play, a special poster and the chance to play on the Turner’s Cross pitch, the camps are fantastic value at just €99 for the whole week.

Fun is the emphasis of the week, with the fully qualified coaches offering expert tuition in the beautiful game in two fantastic venues which will allow us to spread the good word of City far and wide across the City and County.

For further details of our camps, and an application form, please click here.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/index.php/2010/05/cork-city-summer-camps-2010/

Flyer / Application Form

• Advertisement
Advertisement