Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FORAS Co-Op Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

We are Cork City Football Club. It's official.
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/index.php/2010/06/its-in-the-right-hands/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    We are Cork City Football Club.

...again!

New club, old name.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not until next year... officially of course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Travesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Des wrote: »
    Travesty

T.S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good stuff.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Yet another Cork football institution falls to the wayside. hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    The debts get left behind as 'liquidated' though, yeah?

(serious question)

Töpher wrote: »
    The debts get left behind as 'liquidated' though, yeah?

(serious question)

The debts would belong to Coughlans company. The name and history is basically an asset that has been have bought off that company. At least i think it would be something like that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How can you "buy" history? (serious question)

Des wrote: »
    How can you "buy" history? (serious question)

The club takes on the records,trophy wins etc when they buy the name.

Limerick did it when they went from Limerick 37 to Limerick FC as did Fiorientina.

John Meade, Kalen Spillane, Karl Caulfield and Derek Varian have all signed.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0602/corkcity.html

Limerick did it when they went from Limerick 37 to Limerick FC as did Fiorientina.
    Off the top of my head, Napoli and Messina are another two clubs who did the same. Loads of clubs seem to have done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Meade, a left back, has signed from Blarney United and has previous League of Ireland experience with Cobh Ramblers.

Commenting on the signing, Cork City manager Tommy Dunne said: “We have had a relatively small squad for the opening months of the season and we have been looking to bring some more players in. John has trained with us a number of time and has impressed. The fact that he is a left sided player who has previous experience of the league will give us more options also.”

Spillane, a central defender, was a key player for Cork City FC’s youths over the past season, and Dunne says he is pleased to have signed the 18 year old: “Kalen is a talented young player and I am looking forward to seeing him come into training to see how he does. We will be working with him to help him make the step up to League of Ireland level.”

The deadline for entries for the World Cup Prediction Competition is Friday June 11th at Noon.

https://www.eventelephant.com/corkforascoopwccompetition

Another website address: http://www.corkcityfc.ie/

Rogers is leaving because he's not able to devote the time. Hojan apparently broke an ankle and is leaving.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good to see Billy back. 36 but still enough in the legs for this City team. Hoggie might be coming also. Graham Barrett and Ollie C might be on the horizon also, time will tell.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good to see Billy back. 36 but still enough in the legs for this City team. Hoggie might be coming also. Graham Barrett and Ollie C might be on the horizon also, time will tell.
    If Cannavaro can play for Italy at the World Cup aged 36, Billy can do well playing for us. I'd like to see him on the left wing. Hoggy would be a fantastic signing if he decides to come back.

Eoghan Lougheed, Mark O’Sullivan and Gavin Kavanagh are all after signing too.
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/06/22/lougheed-and-osullivan-sign-for-city/
    http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/06/22/kavanagh-joins-city/

Hoggy is back! Legend!

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/06/23/horgan-signs-for-city/

Horgan Signs for City!
    By Éanna Buckley
    Published: June 23, 2010

Cork City are delighted to announce the signing of Neal Horgan.

The 30 year old full back, who enjoyed great success in a decade long spell with Cork City has played with Douglas Hall in the Munster Senior League since the end of last season, and has also been playing GAA with St Finbarr’s.

Speaking shortly after signing, Neal told CorkCityFC.net that he is delighted to be back plying his trade at Turner’s Cross: “I had made the decision to retire from League of Ireland football, but when I spoke to Tommy I must admit that I got quite excited at the thought of coming back. I worked with Tommy when he was assistant to Paul Doolin, and his coaching was excellent, so I’m looking forward to playing under him now.”

“Last night was my first night out at training, and I have been very impressed with how well the training ground looks, particularly the pitch. I’ve been to a couple of games this season and looking at it from the outside as I have been, I believe this club should be challenging for the promotion places. From what I’ve seen there are some good young players at the club, and I hope that I will be able to add some experience to the squad.”

City boss Tommy Dunne expressed his delight with the signing, saying: “It’s no secret that I was looking to bring Neal back to the club. I believe that his time at the club ended prematurely as full-time football no longer suited him for career reasons, and I am delighted that he has signed.”

“The fact that he has continued to be involved in sport since the end of last season means he is still fit, and I would like to thank St. Finbarr’s for accommodating him in returning to the club. He is a player with great experience of the league at Premier Division level, and I believe his signing will benefit us greatly.”

Neal would like to express his thanks to St Finbarr’s and his employers Comyn Kelleher and Tobin Solicitors for their assistance in accommodating his return to Cork City.

Another Leeside legend returns........ Dave Barry and Patsy are next!!!!

• Advertisement

We've signed 22-year-old goalkeeper Daniel O'Leary from Passage. David Clancy has left the club.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/06/24/goalkeeper-oleary-signs-for-city/

Back to winning ways tomorrow night against Limerick. Limerick have signed Stephen O’Flynn, Dave Rogers and Tim Kiely. Not sure if they'll all be eligible to play tomorrow though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Brilliant to see Hoggy back!

Tommy Dunne is after signing a one year contract extension. Gareth Cambridge is back from Waterford.

Gives the club stability into next season I suppose.

Football has been of a bad standard (as expected) but what's worse is that it has been too conservative.

Time will tell whether this was a wise move. I have my doubts.

Gives the club stability into next season I suppose.

Football has been of a bad standard (as expected) but what's worse is that it has been too conservative.

Time will tell whether this was a wise move. I have my doubts.

Yeah, I think we've changed managers far too much over the last few years. We started off the season well though, tailed off in the second series of games.

The new jerseys have arrived, on sale from 1.30pm today.

CCFC_new_kit0004a-640x250.jpg

I think they should have waited til the end of the season to extend his contract. There would have been no harm in waiting a bit longer to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Limerick did it when they went from Limerick 37 to Limerick FC

No, they didn't.

Limerick bought the name, that's it.

They are still recognised by the FAI as a seperate entity to the old LFC/Limerick Utd/Limerick City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

We signed George O Callaghan again today. Great move that :rolleyes:

And incredibly we signed Shane Barrett as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

gimmick wrote: »
    We signed George O Callaghan again today. Great move that :rolleyes:

And incredibly we signed Shane Barrett as well.

Hope he does well for yous. He never really got a look in with us.

If George is back to his best he is an excellent signing for this division, likewise Barrett who has returned from a bad knee injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any of yous have a programme from the match on Friday they're willing to part with? None on sale down our end and well I've every fecking Shels programme since 2008 (friendlies, home, away, you name it I have everyone produced for a Shels match since then). Have no bother paying for delivery, price of programme, etc...

gimmick wrote: »
    We signed George O Callaghan again today. Great move that :rolleyes: And incredibly we signed Shane Barrett as well.
    I'm looking forward to seeing them both, been away the last few weeks. I'm not one of Georgie's worshippers but it'll be good to see him back playing for us, hope he enjoys his football. Can't really remember what Barrett was like.

Cummins signing a new contract till the end of the 2012 season is brilliant news. And our games are going to be shown on tv!

Any of yous have a programme from the match on Friday they're willing to part with? None on sale down our end and well I've every fecking Shels programme since 2008 (friendlies, home, away, you name it I have everyone produced for a Shels match since then). Have no bother paying for delivery, price of programme, etc...
    Did you manage to get a programme?

Two books are being launched at the Waterford game tonight! :pac:

Former Cork Celtic & Cork Hibs Legend from 60's/70's Carl Davenport will be signing copies of his new book "The Dav - Tales from Inside & Outside The Box". (also book signing in Easons Patrick Street tomorrow Sat 21st Aug at 12 noon)

Damien Richardson and Deccie Daly will be launching Darren O'Keefe's "Reflections from the Shed", 10pm in the Evergreen Bar. All proceeds from this book go to CCFC. http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/08/17/3358/

Cummins (suspended) and Mulcahy (injured) will miss the game. Killer, Greg and Deasy are doubtful. Hoggy and Lougheed are back though.

We'll be wearing red at home to Mervue this Friday in support of the Gaelic footballers Sunday week.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/09/08/city-to-wear-red-on-friday/

Nice thought also good to see the jersey in the X

Advertisement