Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOG HOUSES " NOT CABINS"

• 24-02-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Don't know if i'm in the right forum but I'm looking into log houses as an alternative to a block house. something different to the same old same old. If anyone has any experience with them, I could use the info. I'm looking at the Canadian style natural log houses. Does anybody know of any in the country. And what's the story with planning on them. I'm in south Tipp. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I had to edit that post, it hurt to read :D.

As for log houses. Planning is the standard process. But an unwritten rules i've heard is that you need to be in a wooded area to be sucessful.

All logs are natural. So i'm not 100% on the type you refer to. Do you mean the kind where the external walls are still rounded. Or are you also interested where they have been sawn square.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭muff munch

HA HA MY ENGLISH IT NOT SO GOOD LOL,YA ITS A WOODED AREA IM IN,UP IN THE STICKS,THE HOUSES IM TALKING BOUT ARE THE CANADIAN STYLE ONES,THEY"RE ALL CUT SHAVED AND SANDED BY HAND,THEY"RE NOT DONE BY MACHINES

Advertisement