Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Temple Pilots-Olympia-June 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

dimejinky9 wrote: »
    This is gonna be whopper!! Pearl jam, STP, and Rage all in the same week!!
    dunno when tickets are on sale though.

http://stonetemplepilots.com/index.php?module=tour

I'm not sold on Weiland, never sure how much of him will turn up at a gig..... but wow - what a week indeed.......crazy stuff.....would depend on ticket prices of course......

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Thanks for that...Great News:pac:..Its a Monday night but what the hell.. ive waited 16 years to see em again:P..Cant Wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Hmmm, will have to decide whether to go to this.

I used to love STP, but when they played the SFX they were one of the most boring bands I ever saw live. Was so disappointed. Only saw them the once so I don't know if it was just a one off or if they're always boring live.

Haven't listened to them in years, must get some of their albums on cd. All of their stuff is in the attic on tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Oh wow good news indeed. Great venue too

I'll probably be going by myself and I've heard they can be hit and miss live but **** it I'll go anyway no question. June is going to be a good month for gigs, thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

This should be good. I nearly saw them in Vancouver about 2/3 yrs on the reunion. They were playing the night I was leaving:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭lanyonwhites

looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Thanks for that...Great News:pac:..Its a Monday night but what the hell.. ive waited 16 years to see em again:P..Cant Wait:D

Saw them last time in the SFX!

Fcukin hell!

Not missin this for anything. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i would kill to see stone temple pilots.......to this day one of the best bands of all time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I know a couple who have seen them in their recent jaunts in the states and apparently Weiland is terrible.
    In fairness, anyone who's been paying attention to his output the last couple of years (including Velvet Revolver) can see the man's voice is very thin these days.

On sale Friday at 09:00 it seems. Priced €49-54.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Richy06 wrote: »
    I know a couple who have seen them in their recent jaunts in the states and apparently Weiland is terrible.
    In fairness, anyone who's been paying attention to his output the last couple of years (including Velvet Revolver) can see the man's voice is very thin these days.

I'll take my chances... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

massive fan of STP, and defo going to the gig, my mates have already advised me they wont be going so I'll be heading there on my own, anyone on for a few pints before gig???

like most gigs, i always go on my own, I have had to make do with the dvd on the best of....

cool, well if anyone is going on their own and wants to meet up just pm me up until 5.30 on the day of the gig!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

dimejinky9 wrote: »
    This is gonna be whopper!! Pearl jam, STP, and Rage all in the same week!!

and i'm not in Dublin that week!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!!!!
    i'm going to miss 3 of my fav bands ever :(:(:(:(

Just got 4 tickets......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):)

Got two myself. I can't see these ones selling out quite so quickly but better to be safe than sorry.

just got one!

john butler in april, dinosaur jr in may, STP in june!! oh yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Creature wrote: »
    Got two myself. I can't see these ones selling out quite so quickly but better to be safe than sorry.

they will be gone within 2 days id say ....theyve sold at least 38 million records.... i would'nt be surprised if its move to a bigger venue......the amount of session ive gone to where purple was put on.....:)

they will be gone within 2 days id say ....theyve sold at least 38 million records.... i would'nt be surprised if its move to a bigger venue......the amount of session ive gone to where purple was put on.....:)

Fcuk yeah. These guys soundtracked a good few years of my life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

seachto7 wrote: »
    john butler in april, dinosaur jr in may, STP in june!! oh yeah!

High five, buddy!

I'm getting excited about this now. Olmpia is such an intimate venue.

I forgot to add built to spill playing on the dino jr bill!! \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

seachto7 wrote: »
    I forgot to add built to spill playing on the dino jr bill!! \m/

Who are Built to Spill?

They came up in my favourites when I was logged into TicketMaster this morning.

yea got a ticket also!!

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Who are Built to Spill?

They came up in my favourites when I was logged into TicketMaster this morning.

check out "goin against your mind" off their last album, not the latest one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Oh my... Looks like Scott is back on the drugs :(

No he just gave up the smack and put all his time into the drink.

Maybe we'll get lucky and have an incident free show however since Ireland is the home of Guinness I doubt it :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

What happened was he mixed alcohol with pain meds for his ankle but its hardly the last time hes going to be messed up at a show. Ill take bets that he falls off the stage at Ireland at the very least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Got my tickets can't wait for the new album. Lets hope Scott gets it together but can't see it happening

Advertisement