Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bullying

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

not sure if this is the right forum.my 8yr old attends a mixed rural school and is having a hard time lately.the girls in her class are quite cliquish and leave her out a lot.she never gets invited to other kids houses even though she has had girls to our house.she can be annoying at times and has a knack of always saying the wrong thing,but she is a nice child and means well.she does some out of school activities and has no problem with children that she meets there.i am thinking of changing her from the school and was wondering if that would be a sensible idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Its an awkward situation, children need to learn social skills, some are better at it then others. Have you spoken to her teacher, she might encourage the girls to play together.

My own daughter had an operation on Monday on her ear,, went to school on Tuesday and the bully girl in her class punched her in the ear, obviously knowing what had happened. Thankfully the teacher took the girl aside immediately. I hope she went to the parents about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

If that was me i would withdraw my child from school and enrole her else where.

I have a friend whos child is 5 and thats happening to him and at the end of the school year she will enrole him in a different school.

Advertisement