Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tummy sleeping

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

[reposted under different thread title due to lack of interest! Mod sorry for double post, 2 night of no sleep:o:]

it's started... baba turning over and can't yet turn back, getting arms and legs stuck in between bars of cot... anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells these airwrap bumpers? Thery're on kiddicare online but been sold out for ages...
    also a general poll... how long on average after turning over did yours learn to turn back over? I've a feeling there are a few weeks of sleepless nights ahead:o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

My young lad always sleeps on his tummy so don't go into a panic if they won't turn back over. If the baby is managing to turn from his back to his tummy, it won't be too long before they can turn the other way too.

If it helps ease your mind try using easy breathable items of beddings. Pillow, blankets, even the mattress. As for the arms and legs getting caught, air wraps seems to be good, never heard of them before so wouldn't know where to get one. Try a few local nurseries and see if they can get some from their supplier. After all your baby's not the one going to be sticking the arms n legs thru so I think it would sell better than the bumper set :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Did you cot not come with cot bumbers?
    You can get them in most baby shops usually come in a set with a cot duvet.

I had a cot bumper set on mine but the lil lad still managed to get arms n legs out. It was phase he soon grew out of tho. Now he's 20 months and in his own toddler bed with side rails so he doesn't roll over n fall out. To this day he still sleeps on his tummy. Must take after me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Nope didn't come with bumpers, but she is only five and a half months so I'd like to wait a bit before putting the thicker ones up, these air ones look great but just can't locate them anywhere (see link below) I'm doing TONS of tummy time all day now in an effort to get her to turn back over on her own!! She was waking us up again most of last night :(
    http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_190_10751_-1_14736_92171_10001_14736

The normal bumper cot stuff will be fine btw. There's practically no chance of the baby doing any harm to themselves :D

And as your already being woken up it sounds like the lil baby knows what his/her lungs are for :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement