Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to maynooth

• 24-02-2010 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,
    I plan on starting in maynooth next year.(Geogrpahy and Business arts)
    I think that it would be in the arts building in north campus
    I wanted to know how long would the drive be, will I need a satnav to get there, is there much parking, and how long does it usually take to get parking.
    I really dont want to take the bus.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Depends on where you're coming from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dylan17

Sorry,
    I did type it at first but wanted to change something in it. Must have deleted where I live too.
    Palmerstown, (Near Liffey Valley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The 66 or 67a will get you in from there no bother, PrivateEye is your man for that!

Edit: God I should read, it'd be a 20-30 minute drive from there, it really is only a couple of towns over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Lordgoat speaks the truth. Where you're coming from would be handy to know :P

Easy parking is a nightmare after 10am at the latest and almost impossible to find on south campus after this time (even though you're taking arts you're classes could be spread over both campuses, geography department is located primarily on south), you'd probably find it slightly easier less difficult to find spaces on north though. In saying that, as long as you're patient and well able to parallel park in confined spaces you'll most likely be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

30... 40.... 50 minutes? Depends on time of day, traffic, etc... no more than an hour though.

No satnav needed at all, it's a straight drive out the M4.

Parking in Maynooth is a nightmare, no where near enough spaces, usually depends on what time you get in at though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

It's 1 hour on the bus, however a drive should take you only about twenty minutes if you go along the N4, which you should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

The guy wrote: »
    It's 1 hour on the bus, however a drive should take you only about twenty minutes if you go along the N4, which you should.

It's nowhere near an hour on the bus! You could cycle to maynooth from palmerstown in less than an hour!* 40 minutes max. In fact, the bus usually makes it to Celbridge from Dublin in less than 50 mins (47 min average!) and then it's 10 mins to maynooth. So an hour from Dublin to Maynooth, 20 mins from Dublin to Palmerstown, so 40 mins from palmerstown to Maynooth. Unless the traffic is really bad. Please do get the bus, there's almost no parking ever on campus.

The 66 will drop you off on the main street of maynooth, which is slightly closer than the 67a which drops you by the train station up the road.

Hope that helps.

*well, maybe not quite...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I can get from Ballymun to Maynooth in half an hour even with heavy traffic,depending on how far into Palmerstown you are you should do it in 15 maybe 20 min,only parts you will encounter traffic is the M50/N4 roundabout and the turn into Maynooth Village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Take the bus to Maynooth when you have a car!?

Parking is bad but its not Dublin Bus bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

It takes 30 minutes to get from Maynooth to Palmerstown in absolutely no traffic, on an average morning with the bus arriving once every hour I leave 70 minutes before my lectures start to guarantee I get there on time, it takes longer in the morning since everybody is getting on the bus and then when you take into account how it's about a little walk to the north campus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

DingChavez wrote: »
    Take the bus to Maynooth when you have a car!?

Parking is bad but its not Dublin Bus bad.

See here, you have no idea how tempted I have been on several occasions to take a key to the side of every car parked in my cycle lane on campus, and on the Kilcock road (of which the are several hundred). Parking really IS that bad in Maynooth, and no sign of a solution any time soon. Bus a much better solution. Or car pooling, if you absolutely must drive.

Advertisement