Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a solution for backing up phone numbers

• 24-02-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

i need to back up my phone numbers as I have 750+ numbers and they are all stored on my phones memory.

are there sim cards that hold more than 250 numbers

my ph is a sony w200i and there is an option to back up to an m2 memory card but i cant transfer them to my pc as i dont have a compatible card reader on my ancient machine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

www.zyb.com will let you store them online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

thanks but i dont like having them online.

was thinking of using a library pc but i dont think thats the bset option either

I can't remember if your phone comes with a USB cable but you can pick one up handy enough (www.adverts.ie). I would imagine the Sony Ericsson PC Suite software (download from their website) would allow you to backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

if its a nokia use pc suite, most other makes have software which will synchronise with outlook.

Once in outlook you can put them on most phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Don't even begin to waste your time with adverts, ebay is the place

• Advertisement

i have usb cable. problem is i dont have sony pc suite as they dont support downloads to windows 2000.

if anyone can find a link for PC suite to download to windows 2000 please post it here.

i cant load suite from the disc cos i dont have optical drive.

i think ill take a lump hammer to this pc shortly:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

if you've got a memory card in the phone, you dont't need a pc to back up your phone book. w200i has an option for doing it in the menu.

sorry just reread your post. you dont actually need pc suite either all you need is the w200i drivers. when you plug your phone into the computer what does it say on the phones display?

Try MyPhoneExplorer and see if that works for you?
    http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

Unsure if it supports Windows 2000 or not but worth a try. I've used the application in the past and found it very useful.

bud1970 wrote: »
    if you've got a memory card in the phone, you dont't need a pc to back up your phone book. w200i has an option for doing it in the menu.

sorry just reread your post. you dont actually need pc suite either all you need is the w200i drivers. when you plug your phone into the computer what does it say on the phones display?

it gives 2 options
    1 file transfer
    2 phone mode

when i choose file transfer i get message "do not remove usb cable until you have exited the application on pc"

but there is no app on pc

estreetb wrote: »
    it gives 2 options
    1 file transfer
    2 phone mode

when i choose file transfer i get message "do not remove usb cable until you have exited the application on pc"

but there is no app on pc
    select "file transfer".
    then open my computer.
    you should see two removeable drives there. one is the phone, the other is the memory card. hth.

• Advertisement

bud1970 wrote: »
    select "file transfer".
    then open my computer.
    you should see two removeable drives there. one is the phone, the other is the memory card. hth.

theres 3 removable drives called E F AND G

when i click on them it says insert disk

estreetb wrote: »
    theres 3 removable drives called E F AND G

when i click on them it says insert disk
    none of them are opening?? you should be able to open the mmc from there. i've got an old w200i lying aroung, i'll plug it in and check exactly what to do...

nah, me old phones knackered. try this link to download the drivers without se pc suite.

http://www.smscaster.com/download/Sony%20Ericsson%20Device%20Driver%20Installation.zip

is it possible to copy from an M2(sony) memory card to an SD(nokia) memory card

is there a device similar to a sim copier that would allow me to do this

you can get adapters i think, for the M2 memory card to convert them to a standard sized card. then you could just use an external card reader to copy onto the computer. once you've backed up the contacts on the phone to the mmc, tho, you can restore them at any time from this backup. i think there is a way you can protect the backup file also, but not 100% sure on it.......

thanks

please explain how i set up these adaters and where to get them etc

i have my contacts on the M2 card. what steps do i take from here?

easy. you slot the m2 into the adapter and slot the now standard sized card into the card reader, open it and copy and paste your backup file into your documents folder (or whatever folder you decide to out it into.
    simples.....
    quick edit, you should be able to buy the adapters in any decent electronics store, try carphone warehouse, they should have it

Advertisement