Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Milanos deliver?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

lovelyhome wrote: »

Nope they are a restaurant fullstop. If sure you could order take-away from there with little hassle. None of the delivery directories operate from there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

lovelyhome wrote: »

They used to do takeaways once upon a time. I collected them myself so I can't say if they deliver.

I love Milano and their pizzas are fantastic but I don't think they travel well and I wouldn't recommend them for a takeaway. Probably because the base is not as thick as your average takeaway pizza, they were kind of soggy by the time I got them home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Never a great fan of Pizza Express, so I tend to avoid Milanos. Only thing going for it really is that it's family friendly, but as the foods not great, I certainly wouldn't bother with a takeaway from it.

If you want great pizzas in Galway, try Bistro Bianconi. They're in Westside. They deliver and you can also buy via takeaway.ie. I used takeaway.ie for the first time last week and to my surprise it worked perfectly. I liked that you can still pay cash even though you order online.

Cheaper than Milanos, and waaaaaaay better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Just sit in and have two main courses for €15! ;)
    http://www.milanooffers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

churchview wrote: »
    If you want great pizzas in Galway, try Bistro Bianconi. They're in Westside. They deliver and you can also buy via takeaway.ie. I used takeaway.ie for the first time last week and to my surprise it worked perfectly. I liked that you can still pay cash even though you order online.

The Michelangelo gives me the horn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

they sell two types of milanos(pizza express) pizzas in tescos. they are on special order at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

po0k wrote: »
    The Michelangelo gives me the horn.

Last time I ordered form bianconi's the carmelised red onions were really just red onions coated in white sugar, very strange taste and not a great meal all in all tbh.

Last time I ordered form bianconi's the carmelised red onions were really just red onions coated in white sugar, very strange taste and not a great meal all in all tbh.

Have i read that wrong? Aren't carmelised onions just red onions coated in sugar?

No they're supposed to be cooked, as in the sugar should be carmelised, not sprinkled on.

• Advertisement

No they're supposed to be cooked, as in the sugar should be carmelised, not sprinkled on.

Oh right, i picked you up wrong. I just assumed they were baked or sauted.
    Sugar sprinkled on? That's a bit silly.

Sorry probably wasn't being very clear. I guess they must have been baked, but however they did it the onions just appeared to have sugar on them, rather than being carmelised. I mean you could pick them up and knock off the sugar. I realise I'm taking up a lot of this thread now with a relatively minor issue, but it annoys me when resturants advertise an ingredient or dish and it doesn't appear that way or is subpar.
    On a more positive note I was in BB with my sister the other day and had a roma pizza and that was quite nice.

Advertisement