Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence renewal question

Options
  • 25-02-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Submitted my renewal last sat 20 feb. When should I hear back from the Guards and how and who do I pay ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

I had my confirmation letter within three days and it paid for after seven days. My license arrived seven days later but it all depends which area you are from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Boiled-egg wrote: »
    Submitted my renewal last sat 20 feb. When should I hear back from the Guards and how and who do I pay ?

It depends entirely on the location. Some have had their licence renewed in a few days like Solidchrome and others have taken over a month (not including restricted firearms, as they tend to take a lot longer).

You pay at the Post Office either by taking your form to the counter and paying there or posting it to Kilrush. The local post office is the quickest and your licence should arrive in the post in about three days. Do not let them take your grant notice at the PO, they don't need it and you do.

Make sure your local post office is set up to do renewals, you can check on the Garda website: http://www.garda.ie and go to the firearms section.

Advertisement