Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

register365.ie

Options
  • 25-02-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Anyone had any bad experiences with this registrar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nodgienodge

bump: I'm not trying to badmouth them or give them a bad name or anything. I have one domain with them and it's going fine, Im asking because I registered a very good domain tonight (one of those too good to be true ones :), paid the full price for 4 years, but with this being Ireland ....

I'm not convinced the domain reg will go through despite the fact that its a 5-letter 1-word domain that I frankly can't BELIEVE has never been registered (ever) - its a colloquial irish word that starts with "t" Sorry if I sound paranoid, but I've heard some nasty stories regarding .ie domains being stolen from the rightful owners followed by BS fabrications about software glitches etc, when these shady dealings happen.

Remember that one rule of the playground that made you feel like the king until break time was over: finders keepers.

edit: Their support line is closed, I'll call them tomorrow, I need sleep now...

edit 2:didn't get any sleep. Just want to ring these guys and get the deal finalized. then I'll sleep easy..

edit 3:I've been screwed by Godaddy.com once this year, (it amounted to extortion) and I intend to fight them... (and they're pretty big)

on the phone... on hold in q position 1...

still on hold........ :mad:

this is getting to be a joke...

Ok, Im on hold again, was talkin to some English lady... Asked her if I could register it ...

on hold...
    talking to Dolores something...
    and..now im out of credit!

feck. off to spar....

• Advertisement

sent the RBN number by email : 402292
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'm only making this post so that you won't be carted off for talking to yourself.

well nice to see someone's listening so i guess I'm not talking to myself...

Anyway I just spoke to Adam from Register365 and he says my request will be dealt with in 48 hrs.

whatever.. I need some coffee. brain can barely fnction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

well nice to see someone's listening so i guess I'm not talking to myself...

Anyway I just spoke to Adam from Register365 and he says my request will be dealt with in 48 hrs.

whatever.. I need some coffee. brain can barely fnction

48hours wtf ?

You just wanted your domain regged and you had to ring them as well was there an issue with your credit card or something ?

forbairt wrote: »
    48hours wtf ?

You just wanted your domain regged and you had to ring them as well was there an issue with your credit card or something ?

no why? How long does it normally take? The girl Dolores seemed to know what she was talking about, but I got cut off when I was on to her.

The other guy Adam sounded like he was just following a script.

Maybe I'll call them back. I was reading http://www.cro.ie/ena/business-registration-business-name.aspx

under
    Category 4: Registered Business Name

it says:

• The applicant applying under this category need only include the RBN Number in the application.

I'm pretty sure I fall into this category.

Edit: HELP!!

• Advertisement

normally once I fire on the headed paper / RBN / letter explaining reasons for wanting the domain it takes a few hours ...

They could just be covering themselves with the 48hours thing though iedr sometimes have holdups :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 T1OC

Hi there. I think your problem in comunicating with Register365 today may be due to the fact that their service appears to be down at the moment. They've been doing some maintnance work last night stating 10min disturbance in service:

http://www.register365status.com/

10 min me ar$$

My company website has been down at least since this morning when I cheked it around 9:00am. I cant get through their phone lines. We have sent out Newsletter to clients yesterday who now come back to us complaining that they can't access our website. Great timing! Grrrrrrrr. In fairness, appart from todays incident, we have not had any other bad experience with Register365.

forbairt wrote: »
    normally once I fire on the headed paper / RBN / letter explaining reasons for wanting the domain it takes a few hours ...

They could just be covering themselves with the 48hours thing though iedr sometimes have holdups :)

I don't possess such things. I do have a business name registered with CRO called "Cheap Electronics"

so if you check http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanySearch.aspx and search under Business Name for "Cheap Electronics" my company address and RBN number will appear. Is this enough "docs" to secure the domain or what else do I have to do? Holdups make me nervous... :eek:

Don't panic, they are only trying to establish your identity to ensure that your have a reasonable claim to the name you are registering. For instance if you gave your name as Sammy Hagar and tried to register Hagar.ie they would want to check that you were really Sammy Hagar. Unless you are trying to pull a fast one there should be no problem.

Hagar wrote: »
    Don't panic, they are only trying to establish your identity to ensure that your have a reasonable claim to the name you are registering. For instance if you gave your name as Sammy Hagar and tried to register Hagar.ie they would want to check that you were really Sammy Hagar. Unless you are trying to pull a fast one there should be no problem.

Thanks for the calming words but I'd be more relaxed if I can hear these words from Register365 themselves. I'll ring them again..

q position 2...

I'm prepared this time. I've my Acct reference and a explanation of my plans for the domain.

may the force be with me this time..

11:03 mins on hold... I think they're just waiting for my credit to run out. And yes I know I sound paranoid but its better safe than sorry.

Communication breakdown again. (got the same guy) He said the IEDR will contact me in 48 hrs (I think). Ok that's it. I NEED SLEEP.

Thanks for your help Hagar and forbairt and T1OC. This time next year we'll be millionaires :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

If your business is called Cheap Electronics and you want to register something that is not clearly connected with cheap electronics, you need to provide a signed letter in addition to your RBN to explain the nature of the registration.

Once Register365 have submitted your domain name to the IEDR, you can go to http://www.iedr.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi , type your domain name into the Whois search and it should tell you an application for the domain is pending and will expire in a month if the correct documentation is not submitted. This means no one else can get it, so long as you submit the documentation before that date. This might help you calm down! lol

BTW if Sammy Hagar does come along to register Hagar.ie he's too late, I already have it. :p

FWIW the registrars accepted a link to my Boards.ie User Profile which used to have my personal details on it as proof I had a claim to the name. The fact that I had been using it actively and continuously for over 7 years clinched the deal. It established a "reasonable right" to the domain name.

• Advertisement

CoNfOuNd wrote: »
    If your business is called Cheap Electronics and you want to register something that is not clearly connected with cheap electronics, you need to provide a signed letter in addition to your RBN to explain the nature of the registration.

Once Register365 have submitted your domain name to the IEDR, you can go to http://www.iedr.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi , type your domain name into the Whois search and it should tell you an application for the domain is pending and will expire in a month if the correct documentation is not submitted. This means no one else can get it, so long as you submit the documentation before that date. This might help you calm down! lol

Are you sure about this? Because it says on the iedr Terms & Conditions (refer to my earlier post #11) that ALL I need is a RBN number.

some nice domains here too : http://www.iedr.ie/DeletedDomainsList.php

LOL: ssia.ie ... won't be seeing this for a while again!

website-design.ie theres a good'n :D

Are you sure about this? Because it says on the iedr Terms & Conditions (refer to my earlier post #11) that ALL I need is a RBN number.

Yes. You only pasted one line from the IEDR website. If you read under category 4 there is more.

Does your business name/company name have a clear connection with the domain you are registered? If it's not obvious that the domain name is related to your business or a product/service you offer, you will require a letter of explanation.

CoNfOuNd wrote: »
    Yes. You only pasted one line from the IEDR website. If you read under category 4 there is more.

Does your business name/company name have a clear connection with the domain you are registered? If it's not obvious that the domain name is related to your business or a product/service you offer, you will require a letter of explanation.
    ok, so would you consider "telly" to be connected with "cheap electronics"? I would but its a matter of opinion too so I'm at the mercy of whoever it is that makes the decisions. :rolleyes: Any ideas who this might be?

Make sure your business publicly has a "telly" related function such as sales / service / aerial supply / distribution equipment etc and you should be ok.

ok, so would you consider "telly" to be connected with "cheap electronics"? I would but its a matter of opinion too so I'm at the mercy of whoever it is that makes the decisions. :rolleyes: Any ideas who this might be?

I would say yes but it's the IEDR staff who apply the rules. If they require more information than what has been submitted they'll let you know. It's pending now anyway so no one else will get it as long as you satisfy their requirements.

some nice domains here too : http://www.iedr.ie/DeletedDomainsList.php

Nicer to view here http://www.dropped.ie/ (shameless plug)

On a different note ...

The IEDR generally doesn't need to contact you it just needs to receive the paperwork / RBN / letter / claim to rights to the domain in a timely fashion. Your registrar will generally send these along as soon as you provide them so depending on the backlog in the IEDR its generally up and running pretty quickly (hours not 2 days)

• Advertisement

The reason I originally registered the domain was because I have a website called telly.ws and I would prefer the .ie suffix. (much more valuable in the Irish market). Would this be a good road to go? I know it's not really related to Cheap Electronics per-se, but I could somehow "link" them and make it work somehow. Or am I just going nowhere with this route (even though it's honest)?

Advertisement