Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving traffic via video

Options
  • 25-02-2010 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some questions in relation to YouTube;
    1. Is there a limit on the number of accounts you can create?
    2. What's the limit of the amount you can upload using one specific account?
    3. What's the best format for uploading?
    4. I've tried to use Camtasia to edit some videos I have but it's crashed multiple times plus it's not free. Is there any recommended alternatives to Camtasia out there for basic URL insertion, addition of site related graphics, site related music, site promotional text, eBusiness logo etc?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

OK, apart from the obvious 1GB size/10 minute duration restrictions that YouTube implements, there are no current limits for the number of videos uploaded per YouTube acount

Depending on how you upload YouTube videos and what speed broadband you use, I guesstimate it would take about 2 hours to bulk upload 1000 videos to YouTube!

Now obviously, you can't download other peoples videos and modify them and then publish them as you are breaching copy right TOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

1 - I don't think so, but they're each tied to a Google login

Format - it will convert them for you anyway, so I don't see why that would be an issue

If you want more flexible options, however, I don't think YouTube is really the best option

There are other video sharing solutions that offer way more options

Blacknight wrote: »
    1 - I don't think so, but they're each tied to a Google login

Format - it will convert them for you anyway, so I don't see why that would be an issue

If you want more flexible options, however, I don't think YouTube is really the best option

There are other video sharing solutions that offer way more options

Thanks Blacknight, I have extensive lists of all the video media sites offering services similar to YouTube but the part that I'm currently stuck at is the video editing and bulk uploading.... any solutions you currently use or can suggest? I have been recommended to use Camtasia but not sure why it keeps crashing on me! (I'm definitely no expert at this)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://www.tubemogul.com/ helps A LOT

Editing - depends on your platform and the type of video you're using. Most of what we've done has been screencasts with voiceover ..

Blacknight wrote: »
    http://www.tubemogul.com/ helps A LOT

Editing - depends on your platform and the type of video you're using. Most of what we've done has been screencasts with voiceover ..

Perfect, thanks for that pointer, I'll try that.

Appreciate the feedback and helpful advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement