Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] possibility of another intermediate upgrade to 50mbps before the 120mbps

• 25-02-2010 7:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if this was just his opinion or something he's been told, but i was just chatting to a UPC engineer and he seemed to think that UPC would be doing another intermediate upgrade before going full on with the 120mbps upgrades later this year as another stress test of the infrastructure.

it seems like a good idea given the rocky start the 30mbps upgrades had BUT it does seem a little odd to me though, given that they've already penciled in the 120mbps upgrades for august this year and they're only just in the middle of the 30mbps upgrades now. it would make for a bit of a tight schedule unless they decided to delay the 120mbps rollout until later this year. :(

when I asked about the current SA and cisco gear not being eurodocsis3.0 compatible and unable to reach either 60 or 120mbps speeds he said that they will be rolling out new hardware for the 120mbps upgrades which is (hopefully, depending on what we end up with) good news for anyone currently cursed with a cisco modem/router. :)

anyway, just wanted to share the little bit of info i got. :)

Advertisement