Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed - Please Help!!

Options
  • 25-02-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all. Need your advice. I traced who I think is my birth mother to London. I wrote her a letter in January - no reply. I wrote her another letter last week - no reply. About two weeks ago I was on a website called friendsreunited.co.uk. I saw a name that was the same as her sister so I sent a message asking if she was a sister of my birth mother. She has just replied to me this morning saying that if I tell her what its about she will pass the message on. What should I say. If I tell her I have already written to her sister twice she will get suspicious that her sister didn't reply. On the otherhand should I just tell her that I think her sister may have known my mother very well and I would just like to get in touch to see if I have the right person? Please help.:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

I think you should email back omitting the fact you wrote to her or anything.

Just say that you were born on xxxxx in Ireland and think that she may have been a good friend of your Mothers at that time. You would love if perhaps she had any information on your Mother that she could pass on to you.

I think I would be vaugue about 'your mother' and maybe imply she is no longer here or something and you were trying to find out what she was like.

Who knows maybe this aunt knows about you anyway.

Gosh hope that is of some help. Good luck tho' and please keep us informed.

If you want to do a draft up and need someone to look at it from an outsiders perspective you can pm me if you like.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi, god thats a hard one, i would contact her back and say you ar looking for ur birthmother and u think her sister might have known her.
    please be 100% sure this is your birthmother before u go any further.
    good luck and let us know how u get on....kathy

Advertisement