Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero Problem

• 25-02-2010 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've noticed a problem with my Hero. It's a Meteor unlocked one but using it on Orange in the UK at the moment. When I hit the home button I get a pop-up asking me to complete the action using either Home or TouchFLO. When I hit touchflo it's as normal but when I hit home it goes to a much more basic version of the UI.

I think it's like chosing the sense UI or a basic android one.

Anyone know how to stop this happening? I installed a few new aps from the market and thought it might be the result of this so have uninstalled them and rebooted. Still no difference...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A checkbox appears under the selection that says something like "Always use this option". Tick it before selecting TouchFlo and it becomes the default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Mr E wrote: »
    A checkbox appears under the selection that says something like "Always use this option". Tick it before selecting TouchFlo and it becomes the default.

Did that but it still pops up:mad:

This is hero number 3...not going to het another if it keeps this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maybe you have something strange set as the default.
    Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find "Home" > Press "Clear Defaults"
    Now the next time you are prompted for TouchFlo or the other option, pick TouchFlo and tick the box that says save a new default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I did all that too. Whenever I hold down the home button to see last used aps the touchflo icon is shown in that and it regularly asks me still to chose a default option. It's getting annoying now:mad:

Cheers for your help though.

Advertisement