Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video editing of home videos put onto dvd

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have transferred all my home videos from my camcorder onto dvd. I now want to transfer them onto a media player, AVI format. As there may be 10 or 12 clips on each dvd, I want to separate each clip, name it and keep it a small size. If each clip ends up being 700mbs, a full dvd of home videos could end taking up 7/8/9 gigs. AutoGK can reduce the size of the dvd for me but it won't separate the clips for me, or have i missed something. Cyberlink Powerdirector separates the clips but each clip is to big in size, or have I missed something here to.
    A bit of a mouthful, but can anyone assist me. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

So, let me get this straight.

You have .avi files, made from the DVD(s).

You want to put them on a media player.

The .avi files are too long.

---

Break down the .avi files, into smaller clips, without re-encoding, by using:

SolveigMM AVI Trimmer

A basic, but free, editor.

http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=AVITrimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

Thanks Amalgam,
    I'll try it and see how I get on

Advertisement