Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile broadband in Limerick going to need it soon

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Hi
    im going to have to go mobile broadband soon whats the best around limerick and the best deals

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I use O2 in the dooradoyle area, no major problems. Its even good enough for most online games on the PS3 and PC.

I get at least 100k down on torrents and it has peaked at 350k. Having said that the download limit is a bit crippling.

Best thing to do is drop into an O2 store and ask them for one of the dongles for trial

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What he said - def. trial it first as these things aren't worth having/paying for if your coverage is poor.

- Nothing other to add than you'd have a happier experience sticking knitting needles in your brain via your eardrums than to attempt to connect to the Internet via a 3 Modem, their crap Network and the possibility of having to talk to the horrific profiteering, devious Morons they try to pass off as Staff in Bangalore.

My worst ever Customer experience was agonising, painful, and took weeks to resolve with 3......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Raiser wrote: »
    What he said - def. trial it first as these things aren't worth having/paying for if your coverage is poor.

- Nothing other to add than you'd have a happier experience sticking knitting needles in your brain via your eardrums than to attempt to connect to the Internet via a 3 Modem, their crap Network and the possibility of having to talk to the horrific profiteering, devious Morons they try to pass off as Staff in Bangalore.

My worst ever Customer experience was agonising, painful, and took weeks to resolve with 3......

guess I must be lucky so, i'm 10 mins out of city and unable to get mobile broadband from 02, vodafone etc... have been using 3 now for about 15mths and have had no real issues with it. ok its not the fastest but it is much better than dial up and cheaper!

angeldaisy wrote: »
    guess I must be lucky so, i'm 10 mins out of city and unable to get mobile broadband from 02, vodafone etc... have been using 3 now for about 15mths and have had no real issues with it. ok its not the fastest but it is much better than dial up and cheaper!

Oh I remember I was like you Angeldaisy ('cept as a Man) carefree, happy with my 3 Modem and then disaster struck - repeatedly. Also there is only one M-M-MEGATHREAD on Boards and its as a result of 3 lying to and persistently disrespecting a huge portion of their Customer base - Currently at 7437 posts.... Wow!!!

- I'm not proud to say that I have a deep seated and finely honed hatred for 3's Indian Customer Service Team.

Vampy have a look at this O2 Broadband offer over on Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You can try o2 broadband for a few days,75 euro deposit tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'd say chance o2...at least they asked me in the shop where I was living, and then looked up the coverage map and advised me not to bother buying it cos the coverage was poor, a very honest thing for a shop assistant to do!! Unlike those chancers at 3 :rolleyes:

Final point I'd make is that 7.2 Mbps is only available after hunting down every other person in your Neighbourhood you suspect of packing a Mobile Broadband Modem and shooting each and every one of them twice in the face.

- IT Theorists and Marketing Bimbettes shouldn't be allowed to mate.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Raiser wrote: »
    Final point I'd make is that 7.2 Mbps is only available after hunting down every other person in your Neighbourhood you suspect of packing a Mobile Broadband Modem and shooting each and every one of them twice in the face.

- IT Theorists and Marketing Bimbettes shouldn't be allowed to mate.......

Never a truer word spoken dude

Advertisement