Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core i5-750 or QX9650

Options
  • 25-02-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Which one of these is better or are they quite similar?

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Basically depends on what you want to do. If its just gaming you will only see a small drop in performance on a QX9650 compared to an i5 (if any). However if you are encoding, the i5 will totally outperform the QX.

Do you already own a QX or are you thinking of buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

it's for a complete new build and i have the choice of getting either of the 2 processors.

It's not for anything heavy duty, but would like it handle all the recent games (and hopefully will do for the next couple of years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Go with the i5-750.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Like Anti said..go with new tech..at least you've an upgrade path for a while.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

i5-750 is flat-out better. Miles better if you OC away the stock speed discrepancy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

thanks folks - appreciate the advice.

the i5-750 it is then!

Advertisement