Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jigglypuff used: O.T.B 2.1

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really wish I had a Charizard/Dragonite in real life, it'd be so awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Only 6 more days to go until HG/SS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Walking around Boston with my pokewalker today, had it hidden in my pocket though cos I have to admit I felt a little ashamed! Lots of Watts though!

Don't be ashamed, wear it proudly like a badge!

How is it anyway?

Don't be ashamed, wear it proudly like a badge!

How is it anyway?

The pokewalker you mean? I really like it, great way to kill time when on the bus/train, trying to catch a magby at the moment but will have to do a bit more walking! As for the game itself, I'm just past the 2nd gym, only had a few hours to play it properly so far. My togepi has the hustle ability rather than serene grace, hadn't noticed until after i'd saved the game..nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

WTF? This Boards matchmaking service needs some work...

Username Compatibility
    Buzzthebatgirl <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 (10)
    atavan-halen <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 (9)
    CianRyan <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 (9)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Roost can go die.

That is an annoying move to be on the opposite side of.

That is an annoying move to be on the opposite side of.

Driving me mad it is. Falkner won't stop using it with pidgeotto. Sometimes he'll get two moves in a row.

:mad:

Just keep training and you'll get him eventually.

• Advertisement

Yea, I'm train a rock type up. Kill him in two moves..

Or electric.

I havent seen one electric pokemon yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pokéwalker + Wifi connection + current Nintendo WFC event = more Pikachus than you can shake a stick at

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

There's a kid in Violet City that trades an Onyx for a Bellsprout. Some house in the bottom left, down from the gym I think? Quick to level and even if its a few below Falkner's there's not a whole lot he can do but keep using that move that restores HP (Roost I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

So I'm using a Growlithe and Dratini as my main two Pokémon (will soon get the Red Gyarados) and finding HG fairly difficult.
    Is anyone else finding it harder than Gold/Silver or can I put it down to just not relying on my starter and using a mediocre pokémon and a bad one (with the intent of evolving them of course)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Is it possible to trade between HG/SS and Gen IV?

Yep, it is indeed. Any non-johto pokémon won't show up in the pokédex until you get the national dex though.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    So I'm using a Growlithe and Dratini as my main two Pokémon (will soon get the Red Gyarados) and finding HG fairly difficult.
    Is anyone else finding it harder than Gold/Silver or can I put it down to just not relying on my starter and using a mediocre pokémon and a bad one (with the intent of evolving them of course)

I think that's fair to say. Dratini's tend not to learn any attacks that're very useful in the game (PvP might be a different story) for at least 30-40 levels in far as I remember. If you bred them yourself that might be a different story, but the reason Bugs turn up so much at the start is they evolve to their 2nd/3rd stage quickly and become viable 'mon for the early stages (s owhile they're weak in the scheme of things they're often stronger than their contemporaries) where the guys that don't evolve until 20-30 tend are not really supposed to be used until further into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to carry around my Pokewalker without my wife or workmates noticing it...

Skinny jeans are your friend for this! Although, maybe the jeans themselves might raise eyebrows!:P

• Advertisement

imbroglio wrote: »
    Skinny jeans are your friend for this! Although, maybe the jeans themselves might raise eyebrows!:P

Would baggy jeans not make more sense :confused:

Skinny jeans would not make any sense with these thighs... flab would bulge through the holes in the weave like Tetsuo through Kaori's brain... although people would be less likely to comment on the Pokewalker, admittedly.

Maybe that's why skinny jeans are the preferred choice.

Was in a gamestop here in Boston a few days ago and happened to pick up one of the HG boxes, as it was marked $19.99 instead of $39.99. Obviously a mis-labelled game. What game was written at the top of the label? None other than 'The Price Is Right'. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

:eek:
    Please tell me you got it for that price?!

CianRyan wrote: »
    :eek:
    Please tell me you got it for that price?!

Nah I already have Soul Silver and don't plan on buying HG. Wouldn't have stood there demanding they give it to me for that price anyway, I spend way too much time in there to be making enemies with the staff :P (it's like Disneyland in there, loads of PS3's hooked up in the middle with SF4/Blazblue etc, always a queue for them though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

ghostchant wrote: »
    Nah I already have Soul Silver and don't plan on buying HG. Wouldn't have stood there demanding they give it to me for that price anyway, I spend way too much time in there to be making enemies with the staff :P (it's like Disneyland in there, loads of PS3's hooked up in the middle with SF4/Blazblue etc, always a queue for them though)
    Never a smart thing to do. I work with food, never annoy me or I may "accidently" drop your cake on the floor before putting it in the box to give you.

Never a smart thing to do. I work with food, never annoy me or I may "accidently" drop your cake on the floor before putting it in the box to give you.

Haha good to know, I'd probably still eat it though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just bought SoulSilver online there. Can't wait till it gets here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well I eventually bought an actual copy of HG there on Saturday with Buzz and atavan.

Now I just wish that there was a DS card save editor USB thingy that works with HG/SS so I can put my 17-hour save file onto it... :(

Advertisement