Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme Commander 2 Demo - Steam

Options
  • 25-02-2010 12:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, apparently the Supreme Commander 2 demo is available on Steam now. No multiplayer unfortunatly, but apparently the sinlge player is great. Gonna try this myself tonight.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40140

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Dling atm,should be good fun even despite the lack of multi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Looking forward to this, but I have a feeling its not going to be as good as the original with the expansion(for me anyway).

Playing Phantom mod with 3 of my mates using ventrillo has to rate as one of my best gaming experiences of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Wasn't really impressed with it. The detailing looks really flat, not much visual improvement on the first one. It's the L4D2 of sequels :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I enjoyed the more streamlined interface, but the sh!t dialog and bog-standard gameplay means my credit card can safely dodge this bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

To me its too much of a similar thing again, graphics look like they were updated a bit, gameplay wise the exact same for the most part, will dodge this for the moment i think too many other good games out this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

FYI: how to unlock debug mode. EG add any unit from any of the factions into the demo.

C:\Users\"Your Username Here"\AppData\Local\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander 2 Demo\game.prefs

Add the following code to the end of the file:
    debug = {
    enable_debug_facilities = true
    }

Run program and use Alt+F2 to play with any unit. Shift+Ctrl+r will unlock all technology, too.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13703995

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

To me its too much of a similar thing again, graphics look like they were updated a bit, gameplay wise the exact same for the most part, will dodge this for the moment i think too many other good games out this month.

That's more or less the opposite reason for people who don't like it. The experiment units have changed quite a bit from what they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Mantel wrote: »
    That's more or less the opposite reason for people who don't like it. The experiment units have changed quite a bit from what they used to be.
    dont get me wrong i will end up getting this game just not this month too many other titles on pc that i would prefer to get.

Advertisement