Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heavy Rain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Mine is setup the same and the game is just one big problem, audio sync issues, graphic glitches, sound and no picture, non responsive buttons.

Is it a difference between PS3's? I got the 120gb slim.

It looks to be just bad luck if you get a bogus copy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Just after playing this for 3 hours straight, didn't feel the time go by at all. Very impressed so far i have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I dont know if this helps nor do i know if this is what solved my problem but i deleted my heavy rain demo from the ps3 and since then i had no problems.
    Somebody else mentioned this in this forum before and i just did it.

My voice was out of sync and the game froze on me at the crime scene investigation scene. Thats when i deleted the demo. I have played a good few hours after that and i dont seem to have any problem. My lip/sound is as good as it can be. I havent beaten the game yet but i believe i am near the end.

Like i said before, I am not sure if this is what causes the problem but in my case it has worked so far. I hope i wont have anymore problems till the end.

I am using a ps3 slim 120 GB.
    Try and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Not having any issues so far, this is on my repaired launch model. Overall im loving the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gotta say I'm really disappointed by it. The movement control scheme is awful, the non-stop QTEs infuriating, the voice acting substandard and the story only average. Put about 8 hours into it between Friday and yesterday and I'm gonna get rid of it for White Knight today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gotta say I'm really disappointed by it. The movement control scheme is awful, the non-stop QTEs infuriating, the voice acting substandard and the story only average. Put about 8 hours into it between Friday and yesterday and I'm gonna get rid of it for White Knight today.

Let me know what you think of WKC. I'm thinking about buying it and waiting for people to give me their general opinions on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

one of the most infuriating experiences I've ever had in gaming was
    the scene with ethan crawling along the tunnel, with broken glass and the matches.. the control here was broken beyond belief, if you missed a turn off and wanted to go back a bit, and then turn, you could't just go backwards, he'd phsyically turn around, so instead of having to turn left, you'd have to turn right.. but the controls in there were absolutely dreadful..

i nearly threw the pad out the window.. i was so annoyed. and i had been really enjoying it up until that point, but that level really sucked me out of the game, and made me realise that I was very much playing a game, and one with horribly broken controls at that.

Also, I despise Ari.

I am enjoying it so far, but the more I play the more niggles I find which is starting to detract more and more from my enjoyment of it. i agree with super_furry's assessment above, but I'm still enjoying it despite those flaws..

I'll stick with it till the end, but quite oddly for a game which gives you such choice, I don't think i'd sit through it again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

A quick question about Heavy Rain: Do you actually get to control the characters yourself or do you just press buttons when prompted to see the character do something on screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

A quick question about Heavy Rain: Do you actually get to control the characters yourself or do you just press buttons when prompted to see the character do something on screen?

you control them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

As someone who hasnt played a playstation game in years is this game worth getting? I love the old Resi games where there was puzzles and stuff to solve? Should i buy it or just rent and wheres the cheapest place to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

hitman79 wrote: »
    As someone who hasnt played a playstation game in years is this game worth getting? I love the old Resi games where there was puzzles and stuff to solve? Should i buy it or just rent and wheres the cheapest place to get it?

Try the demo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also having a few technical problems - couple of parts where the sound has gone completely, most recently
    when you receive the phone from the Origami Killer - subtitles and a blank phone screen informed me of the facts, which was really really weird.
    Also had a freeze during one of the first sequences. Trophies seem uber-glitchy too (three hours in and never got the 'interactive drama' one).

Other than that, I like a lot of it while other bits annoy me. The tense action & fight scenes in particular are very involving, and I like the focus on the little details of family life etc... But the controls can be annoying, and it is annoying to fail a QTE because it jumped at you or had an awkward button combo.

Other than that, I like a lot of it while other bits annoy me. The tense action & fight scenes in particular are very involving, and I like the focus on the little details of family life etc... But the controls can be annoying, and it is annoying to fail a QTE because it jumped at you or had an awkward button combo.

I agree. The controls are a bit stiff. There are some camera problems as well. However i still love this game. Its definitely different from the other shooter and RPG games thats there in the market. I sure as hell hope that they bring about more innovative games like this. I hope heavy rain sells really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Finished this yesterday afternoon, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing which stood out as being an issue for me was
    Manfred's death
    . How did they not think of a better way of dealing with that? Quite poor to be honest, but not enough to ruin the experience.

I know this doesn't help anyone, but the game ran perfectly for me on a 250gb slim model. Does anyone know if the issues are linked to particular consoles?

Anyone tried The Taxidermist yet?

Got to the Golf Club and now the save game wont load. cant load the game at all now..5 hours wasted :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

macpac26 wrote: »
    Got to the Golf Club and now the save game wont load. cant load the game at all now..5 hours wasted :mad:

Can you not select one of the chapters (most recent one) from the chapter menu?

Apologies, I'm not entirely sure how they work.

I had to go back 4 scenes for it to work. had to do over an hour of gameplay again. so annoying

Just finished the game. I didnt have any problems with the game after deleting the demo.
    Overall i enjoyed the game. It was a great experience though there are some plot holes here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One thing I didn't like about the game though was being made to do the stupidest things, just in order to have your character do something. Tying the Police Chief's tie? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Just finished it now and it was a fantastic game. It is a pity that it froze those times but that is minor compared to what others are experiencing. I will start again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

One thing I didn't like about the game though was being made to do the stupidest things, just in order to have your character do something. Tying the Police Chief's tie? Seriously?

but the great thing is when you actually get up and do one of these very basic things, to find that the manual dexterity is easier. that flick right motion command, has anyone accidentally flung their controllers out the window or anything? because one of mine hit the wall and it sounds shaken inside :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Star Bingo wrote: »
    but the great thing is when you actually get up and do one of these very basic things, to find that the manual dexterity is easier. that flick right motion command, has anyone accidentally flung their controllers out the window or anything? because one of mine hit the wall and it sounds shaken inside :(

I was doing the sideways shaking motion and it flew out of my hand. Sounds like somethings rattling about in it now. Still works fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Bit of a problem with the game.
    I wasn't happy with the way i handled a scene so i quit and restarted.
    Now i can't sign in to PSN,and subsequently i also cannot sign into the game.It gives an ERROR message.unable to connect to trophies game will now quit.......?

Sorry scratch that just saw the other thread.

rizzla wrote: »
    Is it a difference between PS3's? I got the 120gb slim.

It looks to be just bad luck if you get a bogus copy though.
    I have a launch 60GB PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,487 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

went to play it last night, and it simply won't load anymore. Got as far as the 'Trapped' chapter, and it just won't load. Won't load my saved game, and won't load 'Trapped' as a chapter either. so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

went to play it last night, and it simply won't load anymore. Got as far as the 'Trapped' chapter, and it just won't load. Won't load my saved game, and won't load 'Trapped' as a chapter either. so annoying.

Just to make sure, have you seen this thread?

yeah, saw that this morning. Doesn't seem to be connected. the PS3 turned on and loaded up the main screen fine, it is only when i go to load the chapter/save game that I get the issue. Don't remember seeing any PSN Network errors either.

Despite some technical issues I managed to finish the game last night. It was a good game overall but I was disappointed with the detective side of things. You really didn't have to work hard to find clues at all. As the scenes in which you have to find clues on the scene are limited I would have preferred a more interactive way of finding critical pieces of evidence. Walking around aimlessly pressing R1 is not very rewarding. The game baby feeds you along the investigation and I never really had to think about what I was doing. The QTEs were handled very well in general.

Overall it's something different and I'm glad I bought it. Will be interesting to see the other endings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Heavy Rain has sold over 500,000 units in it's first week.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7217

Very impressive for a new IP and even more impressive for one that's not in an easily identifiable or accessible genre. I thought it was going to be a very niche game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

NotorietyH wrote: »

Very impressive for a new IP and even more impressive for one that's not in an easily identifiable or accessible genre. I thought it was going to be a very niche game.

Delighted its doing well, for all its faults its still an amazing few hours to playthrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, I thought it was going to only appeal to small part of the gaming community that all want online shooters. It's very refreshing to see that developers don't have to keep pumping out FPS games every year to make a few quid.

RAIN wrote: »
    Delighted its doing well, for all its faults its still an amazing few hours to playthrough.

Having a company that tried something different and innovative to get rewarded for the effort is always a good thing. It seemed like a huge risk to me, but it looks like it's paid off.

Having a company that tried something different and innovative to get rewarded for the effort is always a good thing. It seemed like a huge risk to me, but it looks like it's paid off.

It savage, esp considering the money that probably went in to making it along with the fact that its a stricly single player experience. Massive risk from Sony, they would be on a win this week if it wasn't for the obvious fly in the ointment. I'm not sure how well Killzone 2 sold but its defo up there with Uncharted sales wise.

It savage, esp considering the money that probably went in to making it along with the fact that its a stricly single player experience. Massive risk from Sony, they would be on a win this week if it wasn't for the obvious fly in the ointment. I'm not sure how well Killzone 2 sold but its defo up there with Uncharted sales wise.

Yeah I edited my post, there's a fair few games up there well over the 3 million mark. Uncharted 1 has still sold more than 2 even. Resistance 1 is the 2nd highest PS3 exclusive. You can tell I'm bored at work when I start looking up charts!
    http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?console=PS3

For first week sales I'd say heavy Rain itsway up there though in terms of exclusives.

Yeah I edited my post, there's a fair few games up there well over the 3 million mark. Uncharted 1 has still sold more than 2 even. Resistance 1 is the 2nd highest PS3 exclusive. You can tell I'm bored at work when I start looking up charts!
    http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?console=PS3

For first week sales I'd say heavy Rain itsway up there though in terms of exclusives.

Looks like there running out of stock for it in the UK! http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/03/01/heavy-rain-calls-off-play-as-uk-stock-shortages-hit/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭uggy

Bought it yesterday. First PS3 game i've bought in a long while. After spending an hour dealing with updates and patches and that pesky DNS error and the install (had good fun with Oragami though, nice touch) thing I finally got to play it. Pretty good. Only got through the prolouge is all. Really liking it so far

I was in Smyth's here earlier and it was out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Just finished now, the pad's still warm:pac:
    I enjoyed it a lot and I'll be delving back into it to see all the endings etc...
    The gameplay of course was different and generally allowed you to soak up the amazing visuals. The only fault I would have is the accents of some of the characters, they kind of ruin the immersion somewhat, perhaps having actual American actors, preferably from Philadelphia as opposed to French ones struggling with the dialect would have been the right decision. Why spend so long developing an immersive and highly polished movie like game only to ruin it with the wrong voice actors? It seems counter productive to say the least, it's not like there'd be a shortage of voice actors capable of doing the job for them. Sadly it's a bit of a missed opportunity in that department.
    Otherwise the game is great and different in equal measure. Many won't get it, but then I'd sooner play a game similar to Heavy Rain than spend hours in online FPS land, so it's all down to preference. Even still Heavy Rain was a fun experience and one I'd recomend to anyone.
    I wasn't sure if I'd like it during it's development but I was pleasantly surprised.

Glazers Out!

had the ending of this ruined on me last night.. i nearly punched the f**ker who told me..

not sure if i can be arsed now..

Roar wrote: »
    had the ending of this ruined on me last night.. i nearly punched the f**ker who told me..

Inconsiderate pricks like that should be taken out back and shot.

• Advertisement

He should be killed.

to say i'm angry is an understatement..

to say i'm angry is an understatement..

You should push the controller forward and the right stick up to knee him in the nuts for spoiling the ending on ya.

^

Ha ha, big lol moment in work, which resulted in a "what's so funny" question from my boss.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Am I the only one who hated the son? I mean he spent the whole game trying to save him but I would have let him drown. He had the single most annoying nasal voice I have ever heard, ever.

Am I the only one who hated the son? I mean he spent the whole game trying to save him but I would have let him drown. He had the single most annoying nasal voice I have ever heard, ever.

voice acting for the two kids was SHOCKINGLY bad.

I haven't completed it, so i don't know how it all turns out, but I know when I was listening to the first phone video the 'Dad, help me dad' lines just sounded terrible. Sounded like the kid was being sarcastic or something!

Also, that Jason kid was a freaking moron. He walks off, first off in the mall, then across the street, then runs back across without looking, and he is supposed to be 10? Are 10 year olds REALLY that stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

My internet is down at the moment, will I need to be online to get the game running?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Nope, but there is a patch out which you will not be able to download. It more than likely won't affect your game though.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Also, that Jason kid was a freaking moron. He walks off, first off in the mall, then across the street, then runs back across without looking, and he is supposed to be 10? Are 10 year olds REALLY that stupid?

I was yelling at the screen when I saw that. Stupid little baxtard that he is...

• Advertisement
Advertisement