Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heavy Rain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

A-Trak wrote: »
    Fúck it, I accidentily un-spoilered who the killer was above out of habit.

I know know the killers name, is the game ruined for me?

That was a fake spoiler. Don't worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Zarbon wrote: »
    That was a fake spoiler. Don't worry ;)

Ya I checked it out, the information is false. Play it and you'll find out what really happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Have to say i don't like the game at all,

To me it is just a movie where you press a few buttons every now and then.

Just not my type of game, there is no way you can just go off an do your own thing for a while.

I've only got as far as investigating the 1st crime scene, but i really can't see myself going back to it. It's my brothers game so happy enough it wasn'y my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Just played "The Taxidermist" man it was creepy as hell and pretty intense too. I know I'm nitpicking but did anyone else notice they used a different voice actor in places for Madison? I found it fairly jarring as the voice actor is a huge part of the character. Still enjoyed the DLC though.

Did any one else get the
    Chainsaw
    ending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Finished it yesterday, don't think I'm gonna be arsed to go through the whole thing again and try and change it.

• Advertisement

Just played "The Taxidermist" man it was creepy as hell and pretty intense too. I know I'm nitpicking but did anyone else notice they used a different voice actor in places for Madison? I found it fairly jarring as the voice actor is a huge part of the character. Still enjoyed the DLC though.

I haven't played it yet but I'm guessing that the reason the voice is different is that 'the taxidermist' was basically the demo shown at E3 a few years ago so it's not actually new material so the current voice wasn't cast then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Have to say i don't like the game at all,

To me it is just a movie where you press a few buttons every now and then.

Just not my type of game, there is no way you can just go off an do your own thing for a while.

I've only got as far as investigating the 1st crime scene, but i really can't see myself going back to it. It's my brothers game so happy enough it wasn'y my money.
    Couldnt agree more...couldnt wait to finish it..most boring game ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Did any one else get the
    Chainsaw
    ending?
    I was watching some game show the other day where they said that the look of Madison was based on the actress who played her, but they later changed the person who did the voice. I assumed that they changed it before making the game, but that could also be the reason for the voice change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

humanji wrote: »
    I was watching some game show the other day where they said that the look of Madison was based on the actress who played her, but they later changed the person who did the voice. I assumed that they changed it before making the game, but that could also be the reason for the voice change.

Yeah i forgot that was the E3 demo so it makes sense now. The new voice actor is way better. I was just hoping it wasn't changed for future DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Did any one else get the
    Chainsaw
    ending?

I think that's my favourite of the 5 possible endings - now what does that say about me? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Absolutely loved this game even with the plotholes..

Don't know what it was really but just the way the story unfolds and wondering if you've collected all the information. Also the soundtrack was excellent and the voice acting was good enough for me although some of the lip movement was a bit weird.Still it was forgivable. The ending i got was the one where
    everyone survives except Shelby

I'll prob get the chronicles later.. maybe when they pack a few together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ceejay wrote: »
    I think that's my favourite of the 5 possible endings - now what does that say about me? :D

How did you get that ending?

I got the one where
    i called cops and escaped without him noticing, no action at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's in the DLC on the PSN Store, costs €3.99 AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I think he means what do you need to do in the episode to get that ending? Like, where do you need to get spotted, what room etc?

Ah right sorry, misread his spoilered text :)

It's in the DLC on the PSN Store, costs €3.99 AFAIK
    Like Otacon said, what actions did you take to get that ending? Got this DLC with the special edition, nice creepy add on but I specifically remember hearing that the DLC would allow you to play as the origami killer. Is this in future DLC? Can't wait to play as Hassan!!! :D

Don't know, I got the same ending as you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

sheehy83 wrote: »

I got the one where
    i called cops and escaped without him noticing, no action at all!!!

It's easy enough to get it, all you need to so is
    make a noise or in some other way (like breaking the stuffed bird's wing off) let him know you're in the house and get him to come upstairs. Hide in one of the first rooms, e.g. the bedroom, and when he passes the room just head down the stairs and out the door to the right into the courtyard, and then through the door into the garage. Don't worry about keeping quiet, you want him to follow you. At the garage door to the right there's a bloody chainsaw on the ground that you can pick up, and I'm sure you can work out the rest from there :)

Does anyone know what else they are likely to release as part of the Chronicles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

whats tis game like guys and gals is it worth a buy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

whats tis game like guys and gals is it worth a buy?

I'm glad I bought it, but if you rent it for a week, that's more than enough to enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

Worst game ever

Worst game ever

If your gonna put a post in the thread at least make it useful. What you said is absolutely no help to anyone. It might help if you gave some reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Worst game ever

Worst post ever :p

I thought it was the worst game I ever played. Do you need me to explain that a bit more?

Ok, for the dullards who can't work it out - it's **** and the gameplay is tedious, repetitive and essentially retarded. It's a game for special needs kids, not anyone who actually likes playing games. If wiggling the right stick around to open a car door or a medicine cabinet is your thing, then you'll love it. Otherwise save your money (or shoplift a copy).

And what kind of a santitised place has this become when the word 'sh1t' is starred out? Pathetic.

And what kind of a santitised place has this become when the word 'sh1t' is starred out? Pathetic.

633598728214553864-STFUandGTFO.jpg

jokesies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I thought it was the worst game I ever played. Do you need me to explain that a bit more?

Ok, for the dullards who can't work it out - it's **** and the gameplay is tedious, repetitive and essentially retarded. It's a game for special needs kids, not anyone who actually likes playing games. If wiggling the right stick around to open a car door or a medicine cabinet is your thing, then you'll love it. Otherwise save your money (or shoplift a copy).

Couldnt agree more. Was bored beyond belief playing it and couldnt wait to finish it.

Ok for one thing, your a complete douche and if all your gonna do is come on here and insult people for liking a game then **** off somewhere else.

I loved the game and though it was one of the best games I ever played. It has a fantastic storyline and I love gaming. You just can't appreciate a good game cause all you want is to run around blasting guns. Get a life

special needs kids????? :mad: how dare you throw **** like that around, you should be ashamed of yourself have a little respect for others!

i cant believe you would lower the thread to insulting people with special needs you never know what the future holds just remember that you could have family or relative with special needs will you snigger at them?

anyways back to the game so mixed reviews about this then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Your just p1ssed off because you can't pwn any n00bs in it :p

But yeah I agree to renting it. It's the kind of game that divides opinions, as you can see. Personally I loved it, it's a completely new experience on PS3, and I couldn't wait to get back to it to see how the story unfolds, I found it completely addictive.

The one criticism I would have of it is replayability (is that a word?). Once you've completed the main story it's hard to go through it again since you know everything that happens, and the only reason I haven't traded it in yet is so I can play new DLC as it comes out.

But I would definately recommend you rent it, because if you ask me it is definately worth the investment.

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Your just p1ssed off because you can't pwn any n00bs in it :p

But yeah I agree to renting it. It's the kind of game that divides opinions, as you can see. Personally I loved it, it's a completely new experience on PS3, and I couldn't wait to get back to it to see how the story unfolds, I found it completely addictive.

The one criticism I would have of it is replayability (is that a word?). Once you've completed the main story it's hard to go through it again since you know everything that happens, and the only reason I haven't traded it in yet is so I can play new DLC as it comes out.

But I would definately recommend you rent it, because if you ask me it is definately worth the investment.
    dapool rulz im getting it tomorrow along with fifa world cup god of war 3 god of war collection and ssf4! im gonna have a busy weekend lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sad.

Have you ever watched a movie? Then you are esentially what you are calling people who like this game. People buy it not to run around like a 5 year old on skittles and shooting random things.

I hate Battlefield and Modern Warefare and them type of games cause I find them dull and repetitive. Dosn't mean all the people who like it are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

I liked it.
    Very Saw like at times, minus jigsaw of course. Hopefully the success of it will lead to more of this kind of game but only if done properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

There's two things happening in this thread: people are insulting each other & people are getting too easily offended. The two feed each other.

A little jibbing is fine. This is the internet folks, but for the love of god, calm down on the ole insulting. You're also taking the thread off topic.

I'm leaving it alone for now, but the instant someone pipes up in here they're getting banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

anyways back to the game so mixed reviews about this then?

So it seems.... :pac:

Its a good game. And its an excellent change of pace compared to most other games. Its one of the few games you can just totally chill out with and play...
    TheTosh wrote: »
    I liked it.
    Very Saw like at times, minus jigsaw of course. Hopefully the success of it will lead to more of this kind of game but only if done properly.

Me too, a saw game in this style would be so so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Its a good game. And its an excellent change of pace compared to most other games. Its one of the few games you can just totally chill out with and play...

Ive never drank so many beers being chilled out watching/playing this.

The GF asked me to put it on just so she could watch me play it. It must go down in history, im usually told, after 7 hours of gaming, to turn it off! but nope, 3AM and I was told to "LEAVE IT ON!!" The end is nigh people.

Anyone got a platinum in it yet and if so how long did it take you

I'm still working on it and still need a few more endings but i'd say I've put in 30-40 hours mayb?
    It's just the endings take time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Got the platinum in it. Took me about 30 hours I'd say, first time I went through I didn't look at the trophies so I wouldn't be influenced. If you want it for the trophies I reckon if you followed a trophy guide it could be done in about 20 hours maybe less.

I was the same but I've cleared it and I'm looking to tidy up the trophies

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    Got the platinum in it. Took me about 30 hours I'd say, first time I went through I didn't look at the trophies so I wouldn't be influenced. If you want it for the trophies I reckon if you followed a trophy guide it could be done in about 20 hours maybe less.

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to get all the endings???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

I just got heavy rain there.iv heard that there are a number of possible endings.Id like to see the different circumstances but i dont want to keep going through the beginning over and over again to see the endings,can anyone recommend what to do and what levels i should choose to replay as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

IGN walkthrough.

SPOILER FILLED

Your not really playing it the way it's intended. You should go through it once, making all the decisions yourself without any outside experience. Then go back with a guide to see everything it has to offer.

thanks,dont want to read it yet though.i havnt finished it yet.is it possible to select levels after you finish the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yes, you can play any chapter that you played on your first playthrough anytime you wish.

So, if you made want to play a certain chapter a different way you can and then continue from there and see how the rest of the game is played out.

Yeah the game is broken up into different scene and you can go back to replay them for different outcomes.

I thought you where trying to complete it and see everything in the shortist possible time.

rizzla wrote: »
    Your not really playing it the way it's intended. You should go through it once, making all the decisions yourself without any outside experience. Then go back with a guide to see everything it has to offer.

im not doing it that way,i just dont want to do the first chapters again when iv heard they have no impact on the ending

Just finished it there now,i never suspected that person to be the killer..

Iv heard there is meant to be a major plot hole in it,i cant see so can anyone point it out for me ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Fol20 wrote: »
    Just finished it there now,i never suspected that person to be the killer..

Iv heard there is meant to be a major plot hole in it,i cant see so can anyone point it out for me ?:confused:
    I always did wonder how that typewriter guy was killed. They show it at the end of the game but it doesn't match up with how I played it. When I played it Shelby was not in the back part of the shop when it happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement