Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Festival in Temple House ?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Was listening to the last word yesterday and yer man doing the Summer Festival reviews mentioned that there was an event going to be announced for Temple House Sligo. Sounds exciting anyone got any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

No details known about it yet. It was mentioned in Hot Press too.

There's a website here, but nothing listed yet.
    http://www.templehousefestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnny Trotter

Any one got a contact number for the event promoters..

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Any one got a contact number for the event promoters..

Yeah, I will pm you the number later today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I hear the Black Eyed Peas are coming.
    Could be a rumour.......:rolleyes:

I heard ACDC were coming:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Guru

Sony Ericsson Announce Details of New Music, Culture & Arts Festival at Temple House, Sligo

Sony Ericsson and Temple House are excited to announce that a brand new three day family-friendly, music, culture and arts festival will take place at Temple House, Sligo this September.

The Sony Ericsson Temple House Festival will be held in the grounds of the Temple House estate near Ballymote, Sligo on Friday 10, Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 September 2010. The ‘eclectic micro music festival’ will be a truly memorable experience and the first of many to hit the grounds of Temple House.

The Sony Ericsson Temple House Festival promises to be a little bit different, offering a range of indulgences for the whole family. Live music will be the core source of entertainment, complimented by poetry readings, face painting, holistic therapies, art exhibitions, farmers’ market, vintage clothes and jewellery fair plus a plethora of other carefully selected attractions. Additional fun for the kids will be provided by a dedicated children’s team which aim to make the most of the Temple House estate.

The musical line-up will be as deep and eclectic as the rest of the entertainment on offer, with indie, traditional, folk, bluegrass and dance music all represented. The line-up will be announced in May. Tickets will go on sale with www.tickets.ie very reasonably priced at €59 (including booking fees and camping).

Festival-goers will be welcomed on site from Thursday evening and will be able to sleep in yurts, tepees and cottages dotted around the festival grounds, as well as the usual camping options for those on a budget.

The organisers are expecting up to 5,000 music fans in the first year of the festival with the possibility of increasing this number in later years. However, they are keen to stress that the key to the festival’s atmosphere will be achieved by adhering to their strict mantra of ‘quality over quantity’. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

"dance music" as in electronic music or dance as in traditional irish music i wonder

Dance as in electronic!

nice one,hopefully its not psy trance anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Excellent stuff - this sounds great! Plus, I can nip home for a sh*te & a shower when required!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

Awesome cool! Is it €59 for the one day?

No €59 for 3 days..... including camping and booking fee....its great value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sirpineapple

Wow that's really good. Am so buying a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just what Sligo needs really, I'm not to far away from the venue which is great. Does anyone know of any other ticket options? Is there a day pass option?

Website is updating with the line up etc:
    http://www.templehousefestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Just what Sligo needs really, I'm not to far away from the venue which is great. Does anyone know of any other ticket options? Is there a day pass option?

Yes, I'd be only interested in a day pass, too. :) Wouldn't be able to get three days off work. :(

The campsite hours are a bit odd -
    The campsite opens 6pm till 10pm Thursday 9th and 10am Friday 10th and will close 10pm Sunday 12th. However you are free to access your car any time you please.

Now the festival runs from Fri-Sun. There appears to be nothing on on the Thursday, but the campsite is open - ok, so get a good spot to camp, have a few beers etc - but the site closes on the Sunday night, which means it's really only a 2 and a half day festival with some music going on until 9 on the Sunday, before they turf everyone out. Which means no boozing on the Sunday if yr driving home.

Also not sure why the campsite closes on the Thursday at 10pm. Is that a lock-in?!

get the train home from ballymote sunday i reckon,line up is good so far,well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Whats the story with the campsite at this does anyone know? Thinking of heading up to it with a few friends, very good lineup. But I'd be a bit put off by such a strict camp site time keeping in all honesty

There is a facebook page for this, not sure if there is more info on it.
    I'm gutted because I only want a day pass and can't get one....don't fancy forking out for a weekend ticket.
    I think they are missing out on locals with the weekend tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TempleHouse

magnumlady wrote: »
    There is a facebook page for this, not sure if there is more info on it.
    I'm gutted because I only want a day pass and can't get one....don't fancy forking out for a weekend ticket.
    I think they are missing out on locals with the weekend tickets.

Have you seen the ticket price? 59 euro for early bird til August 15 has to be good value for a 3 day ticket inc optional camping. Come and go as you pls. There is a one-way system on site for easy flow.

Have you seen the ticket price? 59 euro for early bird til August 15 has to be good value for a 3 day ticket inc optional camping. Come and go as you pls. There is a one-way system on site for easy flow.

If it was just for me then I would by a ticket but I have two teenagers as well....so that puts it out of my price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Welcome to Boards Templehouse. The best of luck with the event. Please clarify the camping position in relation to the 'Get out'?

Line up is now very good. Want to bring my 6 year old for the weekend and hope there will be lots to do for the kids?

I fully see Magnum Lady point re the lack of 'day tickets' but the weekend ticket price is excellent value IMO

It just means that we ask you to arrive on Thursday by 10pm, or we'll see you the following day. We are looking to spread the traffic congestion and allow festival goers to settle in easy.

that's a shame. sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭*shadow*

Templehouse just wondering what your policy is with strobe lighting and white lights? Will they be used in all performances do you know and will warnings be given out prior to an act playing if they're going to be using them? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Very good line-up for the price...Small festivals are the way forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

Should be good if scumbags aren't allowed in.

Just booked my tickets today... it's the last day to get tickets for €60 if anyone is going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Motivate

@ €79 that's still great value, and a quite eclectic selection in the lineup as well, the finalised lineup has just been posted on the website http://templehousefestival.com

Advertisement