Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Festival in Temple House ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Motivate wrote: »
    @ €79 that's still great value, and a quite eclectic selection in the lineup as well, the finalised lineup has just been posted on the website http://templehousefestival.com

And you registered just to say that?

How very spamtastic of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Motivate

registered June and waited until now to drop that one in there, yeah plausible, right

Motivate wrote: »
    registered June and waited until now to drop that one in there, yeah plausible, right

Oh yeah dude, I totally believe you. Totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭leana

Just in case any of you were planning to bring a campervan and kids you won't be allowed into the family campsite. Campervans have to go to main camping area, pity I didn't know that beforehand or I wouldn't have bought tickets:mad:

leana wrote: »
    Just in case any of you were planning to bring a campervan and kids you won't be allowed into the family campsite. Campervans have to go to main camping area, pity I didn't know that beforehand or I wouldn't have had kids:mad:

FYP :D

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leana viewpost.gif
    Just in case any of you were planning to bring a campervan and kids you won't be allowed into the family campsite. Campervans have to go to main camping area, pity I didn't know that beforehand or I wouldn't have had kidsmad.gif

FYP biggrin.gif

Jesus, the first time I read your reply I thought 'I know I get distracted but did I really write that?'

God bless the noisy little blighters I've no choice but to bring them and was really looking forward to it. Just dont relish the prospect of people partying and keeping me awake at all hours just like those same people don't want my kids to be within screaming distance of them at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That seems a bit odd Leana.
    I'd have thought all the families should be kept together.

Maybe its to do with them letting people come and go as they please all weekend and not wanting campers driving up and down the campsite all the time. But I agree magnumlady it is a bit odd, I just assumed we'd be in the family campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Ha!

I'll be there, but without the buckeens in tow :p

I love going to 'festivals', but never with the kids, never......

they'd be :eek:

and I'd be all like :pac:

Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

anyone know how ticket sales are going for this, really hope its an annual thing, I have a wedding the full weekend next weeekend and am going to miss the lot. Raging as I could nearly walk from here :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TempleHouse

Maybe its to do with them letting people come and go as they please all weekend and not wanting campers driving up and down the campsite all the time. But I agree magnumlady it is a bit odd, I just assumed we'd be in the family campsite.

We do indeed have the family campsite away from all vehicles for safety. On balance i think it makes sense.

Camper vans are allowed in the family camping area at the electric picnic.

Can I have a refund, I'm not staying in the main camping area with a 2 and 4 year old. You really should have made reference to this on your website, it's kind of an important point, you are marketing it as a family friendly festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TempleHouse

You're coming to Temple House not the Picnic and so the access will be different. Our plans have evolved from week to week with the Campervan area having been allocated a separate field only last week. In other words there is lots of space. Do come to the first TH festival but if you would rather get a refund email info@templehousefestival.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

You're coming to Temple House not the Picnic and so the access will be different. Our plans have evolved from week to week with the Campervan area having been allocated a separate field only last week. In other words there is lots of space. Do come to the first TH festival but if you would rather get a refund email info@templehousefestival.com :)

TH, thanks for the info. I hope you undrestand that for somone like Lena it is obviously important that her kids sleep in a family friendly area. I am going with my six year old and my camper, small VW, my bell tent and my dome tent (my camper van will not move from Thurs evening to Sunday night). I am happy to be in the general area but it is a problem which I do not believe is going to be unique to Lena. I suggest, respectfully, that you might re-consider that issue. There is time and there certainly is the space. I do quiet a bit of this and have just been asked to work there for the weekend. It will only take one camper with kids being refused access, getting hot around the collar, having to turn back etc for a small (avoidable IMO) problem to escalate and you will be trying to solve it on the hoop. I am offering you good advice!

You could get in touch with Lena by PM if you wish, click on her username and hit private message. It is sad if she does not bring her kids to the festival over this.

I wish you the best of luck with it and only ask that any headbangers are ejected and barred at the first infraction.

Blackie

P.S. comparisons with the Picnic should IMO be taken as a compliment!

I do appreciate you've a million and one headaches to deal with between now and next weekend but, as blackiebest has stated (far better put than me) I'm not the only one with a camper and small kids coming to the festival, I've the benefit of knowing all this now, others won't.

I really want to go, we've a gang of friends going with their kids but they have tents. I've a feeling I'll be emailing you, thanks.

I'm so gutted. I won tickets for the festival last night but because I wasn't online they were given to someone else.....sob. :(

Camper vans are allowed in the family camping area at the electric picnic.

Can I have a refund, I'm not staying in the main camping area with a 2 and 4 year old. You really should have made reference to this on your website, it's kind of an important point, you are marketing it as a family friendly festival.

I saw this on the website this morning:

We have arranged a dedicated area within the campervan (traler tents too) area for families. First come first serve. Overflow will be accommodated in the main campervan area. You should note that it is not quite as close the main arena as the tents. However the venue is so compact it is all relative anyway.

I'll be there & partying like it's 2009. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I can't go, have a wedding I have to go to instead.

Wouldn't mind but I could easily walk to it from my house

Slidey wrote: »
    I can't go, have a wedding I have to go to instead.

Wouldn't mind but I could easily walk to it from my house

Can I stay in your house seeing as you won't be there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

No bother :P

I'll leave the key under the mat

PARTY, PARTY!

Find my bell tent with vw camper and I will make ye a morning coffee as good as you have ever had. Would be nice to have a boards coffee:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Can I come over for that coffee too Blackie?

I can't guarantee that I won't be hammered at the time though ;)

I also want some of them there hash browns/fritters. I'll bring the spuds.

Find my bell tent with vw camper and I will make ye a morning coffee as good as you have ever had. Would be nice to have a boards coffee:)

Sounds like a plan... what colour is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

So okay if all us families are in from Thursday night or Friday am....who is volunteering to do the school run then!

tuppence wrote: »
    So okay if all us families are in from Thursday night or Friday am....who is volunteering to do the school run then!

Your kids, your responsinbility. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just saw there's a day pass ticket option now available from the website, Saturdays line up is looking good.

Sounds like a plan... what colour is it?

The coolest one there with a great smell of coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

The coolest one there with a great smell of coffee!

Something like this then!

Advertisement