Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Festival in Temple House ?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Your kids, your responsinbility. :p
    I hate it when people remind me that. Doh!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

tuppence wrote: »
    Something like this then!

Probably more like this...

vespavwbike.jpg

:p

Probably more like this...

vespavwbike.jpg

:p

Was just hoping meself that I wasnt going to follow the smell of coffee and then get charged!

kombi_coffeeshop.jpg

coffee-money-225x300.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Woot, Boards coffee with Sambuca in Templehouse, bartered for tent decorations and beer:D:D:D:D

See ye there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Becky*

GIGLOCKER will be @ TEMPLE HOUSE FESTIVAL, SLIGO.. for secure lockers/ storage boxes, phone charging, hair drying + hair straighteners and OPEN 24 HOURS.

Join GIGLOCKER on facebook;
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=111180005586329&ref=ts

;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Just heard on Ocean fm that 13-17 year olds will not be allowed in, even if accompanied with their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

magnumlady wrote: »
    Just heard on Ocean fm that 13-17 year olds will not be allowed in, even is accompanied with their parents.

That cannot be correct, if so then there could be war. Was that announced before.

I also see they decided to start road works on the N17 between Clarks Bridge (Ballymote Turn) and Ballinacarrow yesterday. Good timing, any idea how many tickets are sold to date ?

bennyc wrote: »
    That cannot be correct, if so then there could be war. Was that announced before.

I also see they decided to start road works on the N17 between Clarks Bridge (Ballymote Turn) and Ballinacarrow yesterday. Good timing, any idea how many tickets are sold to date ?

I didn't think it was correct either. I asked on the templehouse facebook page weeks ago as I didn't see anything mentioned apart from under 12's free and over 18's could buy tickets. My two are between those ages. No one answered my question.

A lady phoned into Ocean fm today to say she was told her 13-17 year olds couldn't go. A spokesman for the festival phoned to say she was correct. Aparently it's the same for Electric Picnic.

I read in the Champion that 5,000 people are expected, but I have seen a lot of ticket giveaways running.

They should really have stated this better, at least with EP it clearly states that over 12s and under 18s are out. IMO they should let them in and with the extra revenue apply more security to the camping areas. Has anyone been reading the horror storys in the Gigs and events forum, robbed in the tent while sleeping :mad: .

• Advertisement

They should really have stated this better, at least with EP it clearly states that over 12s and under 18s are out. IMO they should let them in and with the extra revenue apply more security to the camping areas. Has anyone been reading the horror storys in the Gigs and events forum, robbed in the tent while sleeping :mad: .

I think it should have been stated more clearly too. I was going to bring Jono, so I'm glad I found out now.

That's awful about people being robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dont have kids but that age thing is a weird, kids are oviously allowed, so it seems as map/reports shows a kids area and workshops.

so what their trying to say is, yes, bring your kids, but over a certain age and up until 18 not allowed??

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

That is absolutely correct about the age thing. We have two kids aged 10 and 15 and we were talking to one of the organisers yesterday. They told us straight out that we could bring our 10 year old but that our 15 year old would not be welcome (exact words).

So much for a 'family' festival!! We have a ticket for our 15 year old, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Can they actually refuse admission even with a ticket?? Feel like not going now but doubt I would get a refund on the tickets.

Think that maybe it is just a way of discouraging groups of teenagers from buying tickets in the first place.

I will be interesting to see what happens Paddy, I hope you all get in. If I had of gone I would have been bringing a 13y/o and like you would have bought a ticket. I could be corrected but in EP all under 12s are free also. Was there a concession for kids tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Kids under 12 are free with an adult. So no kids tickets are being issued.

There will be war in my house over this - my 15 year old will go mental if her 10 year old brother can go and she can't.

Wouldnt mind if it had been advertised like electric picnic as strictly over 18, but this was advertised as a family friendly festival.

PaddyJules wrote: »
    Kids under 12 are free with an adult. So no kids tickets are being issued.

There will be war in my house over this - my 15 year old will go mental if her 10 year old brother can go and she can't.

Wouldnt mind if it had been advertised like electric picnic as strictly over 18, but this was advertised as a family friendly festival.

Exactly. It was marketed as a family friendly festival. Nothing family friendly about excluding 13-17 year olds.

Anyone know where the entrance is for cars to the carpark for the camping area?

Not sure but I see that they only have signs up pointing to Temple House, if the traffic gets heavy from the N17 entrance you could nip round by Ballymote and head in via Eagles Flying.

I see there is now a day ticket for 45 euro.

okay which one of ye was doin the singing last night keeping us awake?! And chris de burgh ffs!

• Advertisement

Cool little festival. Had a ball last night. Just came home this morning to get some food, have a shower & watch the footie.

The only complaint I'd have is that the car park for people camping is the one furthest from the campsite, which means that you've the longest trek to make - not great when you're carrying all your camping gear & booze etc.

Everything else is cool though... let's hope the rain stays away for the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Twas deadly.

Fairly wrecked now though....

Was a good festival all right... I didn't stay on Sunday though, as I was working today. It did get fairly mucky though - a bit more hay in the arena area & tents wouldn't have gone astray, but apart from that it was excellent.

Hope they made a few bob so they can put it on again next year... I'm sure the word of mouth will spread & they'll get more numbers next time around.

Was a good festival all right... I didn't stay on Sunday though, as I was working today. It did get fairly mucky though - a bit more hay in the arena area & tents wouldn't have gone astray, but apart from that it was excellent.

Hope they made a few bob so they can put it on again next year... I'm sure the word of mouth will spread & they'll get more numbers next time around.

What kinda numbers did t get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Boyf found this on youtube earlier...
    looks like a great time :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZM22Db0a1M

What kinda numbers did t get ?

I'm not too sure.. I asked one of the barmen the same question & he said, "Well, I haven't counted them all yet"!

I'd say around 2,000 - definitely nowhere near the 5,000 capacity mark anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

tuppence wrote: »
    okay which one of ye was doin the singing last night keeping us awake?! And chris de burgh ffs!

:o:o:o Hope you dont mean Patricia?:o:o

No one for the Sambucaed Espresso then??? Just the morning jolt one needs when camping. Great event, so tired now though. Was there fron Thurs night till mid afternoon yesterday. Howard Jones the highlight for me music wise, the bog cottage the other outstanding attraction for me.

Sorry about singing, was Mrs Bests birthday though and you parked to close if yoiur within earshot of the Bests.

Right so thats it, nada mas por esta ano. Enough!

Winter to recover and plot things for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Only caught Sunday and had to work too, but lovely fest and crew, will
    hopefully be back next year. And yes blackiebest - no matter where in the world you are, the Bog Cottage will never let you down :)

Great little festival. And brilliant to have it right on our doorstep. Loved the walled garden and the acoustic stuff there and hate to say it loved Howard Jones as well.:eek: (Thought I would have gotton over him after all those years and almost just went in to prove it to myself but he is a professional)

Best was the kids stuff a real carnival feel-great street performances and obviously they enjoyed what they were doing. (The six armed clown hugging the kids and the tickler!) There was one time in the walled garden that fairies (not real:rolleyes:) were blowing loads and loads of bubbles with the kids and the air was filled with bubbles of all sizes. By the end of it both adults and kids were mesmerised with the spectacle. We got side tracked by most of that kinda stuff cos of a vocal young member of our party who always wanted us to stay. So next yr I might get a chance to see more on the main stages.

Only downside for me again was the camping arrangement. The family camping area too far away with little ones. And I hope to god Blackiebest learns some different tunes for next year. :D Yes Patricia the stripper. :eek: What colour is your van again......*

*makes mental note for next yrs parking.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Temple House Festival named “Best New Festival” at European Festival Awards

http://www.goldenplec.com/2011/01/13/temple-house-festival-named-best-festival-european-festival-awards/#

Advertisement