Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Festival in Temple House ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

yes, but no mentions of it in a while other than a 2011 date? thought they'd be out there with ticket sales, etc before Christmas - like all the rest .. WestFest, Picnic, Body & Soul ... not a word. any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Any reports? Heard it was very empty, No wonder when the tossers increase the price by over 100%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

was there today for a couple of hours, lots of rain! not many people around, unless they were hiding somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pricing is a disgrace, why start a new festival and then try to kill it with outlandish ticket pricing? Looking at the line up a while back, it didn't look particular impressive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Agreed, what cost us, as a family last year was € 120.00, this year €260.00! Crazy, they paid good money for acts that would not sell a single ticket. Pity though as it is a excellent venue. Apparently they had 'watchtower' type structure for security to 'observe' the punters, what is that about???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I went on friday night. Myself and 5 mates gor free weekend tickets through someone we know. The crowds were pretty bad on friday and we had a look at the line up for sat night and it was so poor that we decided not to go. I couldn't go tonight though as I have to work tomorrow so I had to head home.

I have to say though, Aslan, Lisa Hannigan, jamie lawson, bipolar express and Mary Black (if she's your thing) show that they got some good acts in (including Ryan Sheridan on friday night) but why the hell did they put all the good acts together on one night?

I think that €120 for one adult and 2 kids is a decent enough price for a weekend, but the acts could have been better for it and the facilities there were very poor. There was a serious lack of lighting around the place and the drive out of it was quite rough too.

I'm glad I didn't have to pay, and I couldn't even give away the VIP tickets I had leftover to my mates around sligo as the rain, lack of crowds and the sub standard acts just put them off.

I'd love to see them making a good go of it next year though, spend their money wisely and put the good acts on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

Won't be on next year from what I heard, serious loss from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

R_overs1 wrote: »
    Won't be on next year from what I heard, serious loss from last year.
    A lot of people got in free I heard, abuse of free passes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Typical Irish, they win new festival of the year last year and of course go on to make a total balls of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Auxred

It's a shame that this festival didn't go fully to plan.

I only went on Sunday this year, the rainy day. I thought the arts trail and the walled garden was excellent, but the main field was some what lacking and quite bleak.

I don't think the two tents/stages together worked as the sound outside was all over the place. It's also a shame that they didn't have the food area in the courtyard, which I really liked last year...

The lineup could have been more diverse without spending anymore money, although it was great to see so many up and coming irish acts getting a chance.

Good luck to all involved I hope they are in the position to give it another go and learn from the mistakes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement