Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32" TV for sports

• 25-02-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Looking to buy a 32" + TV for mostly sports, Ive seen some Samsung ones and whenever I watch football or any types of Sports it seems blurry and unwatchable. I wont be using SKY HD just regular sky and Im wondering whats best to look at? Resolution? Refresh rate? Will it be better if I get a bigger size? etc

Is a plasma screen a better idea? any help would be greatly appreciated! Budget around 600-650 max!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you want a set that handles motion very well for sports, you should be looking for a plasma, you dont sound too fussy about watching HD content so a 37" HD Ready Panasonic plasma would fit the bill nicely IMO, would be on budget too. It will handle motion a lot better than all lcds around 600€,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scottyccfc

Yeah HD doesnt really bother me too much, I just want to be able to watch a football game without getting a headache! Is their a massive difference between HD Ready and Full HD? Cheers for you reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Certainly not under 40 inches, theoretically, at normal viewing distances for a 32" it is impossible for the human eye to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scottyccfc

Ah I see, so really for a 32" TV that I want in my room its kind of pointless spending over 500 quid?? So a few settings changes would do the trick on a 50hz??? In theory :D

Advertisement