Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nascar 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

bbability wrote: »
    Guys my open access 3 channel is blank. Is it my sky box?
    Rave finished round half 8, programme was done before 9. Highlights tonight on Sky Sports if ya have it.
    TheChrisD wrote: »
    Really pissed at Martin for not dropping his speed and causing the chain-reaction ruining both Montoya's and Ambrose's days...
    I switched off right after that crash because with both of them out of the picture, there was no other reason really to watch it anymore.

And such enough JJ wins... again... :pac:

So want at least three of those right now :P

Aye, pity about that crash. Johnson ridiculously strong at the end of 500 laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Howya,

New member, just joined today. Was delighted to see a NASCAR thread here, along with MotoGP its my favourite code of motorsport. Enjoyed the race from Thunder Valley last night but jaysus the constant ad breaks would do your head in. As much as i admire and respect JJ's achievements over the last 4 or 5 years i think i'll jump on the "anybody but the #48" campaign! And WTF if goin on with Junior? I mean at this stage surely he's getting to grips with the CoT??....he didn't seem to have much bother with it in the last few laps at Daytona where with another tour he surely woulda got by McMurray...ah well, guess we'll have to wait till Talladega to see him up there again:p. I've being to the Daytona 500 three times, most recently being this year, have a few videos and pics, i'll post them up later this week when i get round to transferring them to my laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Howya,

New member, just joined today. Was delighted to see a NASCAR thread here, along with MotoGP its my favourite code of motorsport. Enjoyed the race from Thunder Valley last night but jaysus the constant ad breaks would do your head in. As much as i admire and respect JJ's achievements over the last 4 or 5 years i think i'll jump on the "anybody but the #48" campaign! And WTF if goin on with Junior? I mean at this stage surely he's getting to grips with the CoT??....he didn't seem to have much bother with it in the last few laps at Daytona where with another tour he surely woulda got by McMurray...ah well, guess we'll have to wait till Talladega to see him up there again:p. I've being to the Daytona 500 three times, most recently being this year, have a few videos and pics, i'll post them up later this week when i get round to transferring them to my laptop.

Welcome aboard.

All pics and videos gratefully received!:)

Qualifying rained off at Martinsville, line up........http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2010/6/data/lineup.html

We'll be lucky to see any racing today,forecast is pretty poor.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Did anyone catch that guys title? National Minister of Raceways? Either way it was brilliant :D

Did anyone catch that guys title? National Minister of Raceways? Either way it was brilliant :D

Heh, damn yanks. :pac:

Don't think they'll make half distance. Gonna be a messy evening, pretty big storm just hitting St. Petersburg now so the IndyCar could be delayed as well.

Race postponed til tomorrow. :(

Postponed until 17.00(irish time) tomorrow.:(

• Advertisement

Snap! :D:D

Ah well, that's tomorrow evening's entertainment sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

amacachi wrote: »
    Heh, damn yanks. :pac:

Don't think they'll make half distance. Gonna be a messy evening, pretty big storm just hitting St. Petersburg now so the IndyCar could be delayed as well.

Indycar's delayed but they're talking about starting about 9.30 Irish time

smooch71 wrote: »
    Indycar's delayed but they're talking about starting about 9.30 Irish time

From the latest radar I've seen I'd say they'll be lucky to get going by 10.
    Hmmm, think I'll move onto the IndyCar thread. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think I'm going to have to skip college tomorrow, there's so much delayed American motorsport on...

I think I'm going to have to skip college tomorrow, there's so much delayed American motorsport on...

I was thinking that too, unfortunately I have Sky+ so no excuse. Also I'll probably be back early enough for live coverage anyway. :P

• Advertisement

Nascar.com are saying it's cloudy with no showers at the moment although there may be showers later. Hopefully we get a race in.

Almost wish they had put it off til tomorrow, meant to be completely clear.

Still, fingers crossed we'll get a decent race in.

Well there goes JPM again.

No bloody luck this year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

interesting finish, looked a bit stupid to pit with 10 short laps to go but made it pay off

Great call, great finish - feel sorry for Jeff though

• Advertisement

Quick bump coverage starting at 12 on 190. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Quick bump coverage starting at 12 on 190. :)

good man thanks for the reminder

Grim. wrote: »
    good man thanks for the reminder

No problem, half pissed and have some Rugby Union and League recorded to watch, only watching the NASCAR because I have no space to record it. :pac:

Good this week that it's in the middle of the desert, should be no chance of interruptions. :)

Wow, what a novel concept last night - someone other than JJ winning!

Rain in Texas, wtf!?

5 bells tomorrow.

Another race weekend where I get to maybe watch it in college? Fun.

Twice in a row I was looking forward to NASCAR, IndyCar and F1 all in one day and it falls through.

Ah well, not like I have anything else on. :P

Forgot all about this, nuts!

Tuned in just in time for the
    Big One. Montoya did well to avoid it then wrecked. Glad to hear he's ok, massive impact with the wall. 17 to go once the red flag is lifted.
    :)

Forgot all about this, nuts!

Tuned in just in time for the
    Big One. Montoya did well to avoid it then wrecked. Glad to hear he's ok, massive impact with the wall. 17 to go once the red flag is lifted.
    :)

Great race, loved the J Gordon diss to JJ after they were bumping on a straight, teammates and everything :D Crazy pileup too and amazing speeds from JJ for the last couple of laps, another lap and he would've had it

• Advertisement

Great race, loved the J Gordon diss to JJ after they were bumping on a straight, teammates and everything :D Crazy pileup too and amazing speeds from JJ for the last couple of laps, another lap and he would've had it

Great race from when I put it on anyway, can't see why Johnson's meant to have done wrong tbh.
    For once I think he should have won and didn't. He made two errors I saw in the last 10 laps. Still great to see Hamlin winning. :)

Missed the entire damn race because the DCU proxy blocks justin.tv :mad:

Got around to see the big crash. Seriously pissed off at it. No chance for JPM to make the Chase this year now... It's '08 all over again :(

Missed the entire damn race because the DCU proxy blocks justin.tv :mad:

Got around to see the big crash. Seriously pissed off at it. No chance for JPM to make the Chase this year now... It's '08 all over again :(

Gotta feel bad for JPM, first replay I thought he got around it, was only at a wider angle I saw what happened. Can't say he's out of the chase, only 132 points out of it with a long way to go, including Indy and a couple of road races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Talladega tonight

Grim. wrote: »
    Talladega tonight

Indeed, can't wait. Just hope there's no rain delays or anything this week.

I dunno, after the cancellation of everything on Saturday because of the severe weather system in the area, not sure how well that bodes...

I dunno, after the cancellation of everything on Saturday because of the severe weather system in the area, not sure how well that bodes...

Well a quick google says they're planning it today, but then again this is NASCAR. :pac:

So who do ye fancy, I'm expecting the Junior to get his first win in a while, been going really well in a lot of races lately and this is his house.

I love Talladega,favourite track on the NASCAR circuit. JR. normally goes great at the super speedways so i'm expecting a good run from him today. And a massive pile-up,guaranteed from all the bump drafting!:D

• Advertisement

I dunno. Plate racing can give some rather unexpected winners.

How about Ambrose or Papis? :D

I dunno. Plate racing can give some rather unexpected winners.

How about Ambrose or Papis? :D

Would be a great place for JPM to get his first oval win eh? :pac:

Won't be Papis!:p

And there goes the Big One that matters...

Oh god, on tenterhooks now. One GWC down, another to come, McMurray in front will almost definitely start in front of JPM in 3rd... Can JPM win?

fuel might be a factor

JJ WRECKED, YES!

But now there's another GWC, fuel is really going to be tight :(

• Advertisement

probably best not to take tyres, but who knows

Ho-ly. Crap. That was a finish.

Gotta feel bad for Jamie Mac. But at least he and Monty finished 2-3!

Great finish,Harvick couldn't have timed it any better. Junior ran out of partners,left all alone on the final lap. Great stuff though,they all kept it together pretty much and no-one got airbourne so it's all good.

That's what I call timing!

Can't understand when it came onto the first of the GWCs, and even the caution before why everyone didn't take fuel and tyres, track position isn't that important. Then again I suppose ya don't want to be at the back when all those crashes are happening. :pac:

I could watch this over and over and over :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement