Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nascar 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pfft, anti-fanboy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I was sick that McMurray got beaten to the line. So close to 3 plate wins in a row!

Stayed up for the Nationwide race, that was WILD :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

NASCAR on sky sports hd2 right now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Jr. back in the number 3 for a Nationwide race at Daytona in July.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/features/04/29/dearnhardtjr.daytona.tribute.car/index.html

2010-mooresville-april-no-3-unveiling-dale-earnhardt-jr-with-car.jpg

Car looks great in that scheme.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

Great win for Kyle Busch last night. He was unstoppable towards the end.

tifosi 1 wrote: »

Even faster earlier, at one point there was only 8/9 cars on the last lap I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

amacachi wrote: »
    Even faster earlier, at one point there was only 8/9 cars on the last lap I think.

Yeah your right. I would love to know what happened in the middle to make him fall back albeit to 4th. I'm really liking this season of Nascar, it's still wide open. I can't see Harvick staying in that postion when we get to crunch time nor Kennseth or Biffle. What ever happened to Carl Edwards?

What ever happened to Carl Edwards?

Hee's too busy looking out for Keselowski!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Ow, that was a really hard crash for AJ Allmendinger. Brakes failed apparently.

But, more importantly:

JIMMIE JOHNSON'S OUT OF THE RACE!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

**** ya anyway, wasn't watching the race live but was online so when I saw you posted here at that time I knew exactly what was going to happen and when it was going to happen. :pac:

Who was it saying JPM was looking dodgy for the chase a few races back? Only ~100 points off now and Indy and the two Road Courses still to come. Be surprised if he doesn't make it. Surprising to see that Carl Edwards is in the top 12, can't remember him doing anything of note (points-wise :P) all season!

• Advertisement

**** ya anyway, wasn't watching the race live but was online so when I saw you posted here at that time I knew exactly what was going to happen and when it was going to happen. :pac:

Am I that much of a giveaway...?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Am I that much of a giveaway...?

Yup, so predictable. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Who was it saying JPM was looking dodgy for the chase a few races back? Only ~100 points off now and Indy and the two Road Courses still to come. Be surprised if he doesn't make it. Surprising to see that Carl Edwards is in the top 12, can't remember him doing anything of note (points-wise :P) all season!

People have been writing off JPM for the Chase...? Theres 18 races to go ffs. That car is way to good for him not to be in the Chase this year, and its only a matter of time before he gets that first oval win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TheVoid

i agree nice victory :)
    [IMG]http://2.s01.****/count/X1h/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageviews=0[/IMG]

Almost time to get going in Dover. :)

Uncharacteristic **** up from Johnson. Almost as though he's feeling the pressure a bit!

Lookin forward to this weekend, love the exhibition races, feels like I should have a few cans with it. :P

Coverage of the All-Star race just getting started now. Just realised it's on the stupid Speed channel. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Have a couple of tiny bets on just to test the waters on Paddy Power. They started putting up Outright NASCAR odds for each race a few weeks ago and the majority of bets are so long I figure it's worth betting a few guys for small amounts and you still have a great chance to recoup. Anyways I'm ignoring JJ tonight and 3 tiny bets on, €2 for Kyle, €2 for Jeff and €1 for Mark Martin - let's see what happens :D

ps. Wish every track was 125 miles, some I think don't need to go on so damn long

****sake, another reason I might end up setting up an account. Which would be the end of me. :pac:

Pocono in a coupla weeks, a prime example of a race that should be cut be about 70%. :pac:

• Advertisement

Have a couple of tiny bets on just to test the waters on Paddy Power. They started putting up Outright NASCAR odds for each race a few weeks ago and the majority of bets are so long I figure it's worth betting a few guys for small amounts and you still have a great chance to recoup. Anyways I'm ignoring JJ tonight and 3 tiny bets on, €2 for Kyle, €2 for Jeff and €1 for Mark Martin - let's see what happens :D

ps. Wish every track was 125 miles, some I think don't need to go on so damn long

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It was last night? ****.

I was completely wrecked after watching the 500 Pole Day all day, completely forgot about any NASCAR...

Interestingly there's no mention of any NASCAR bets on Paddy Power anymore - they took my fiver and did a runner :eek:

Charlotte starting shortly and sadly it's FOX's last race of the season.:(

ESPN's coverage is ****e compared to FOX imo. Gonna miss the Boogity Boogity Boogity for the rest of the season.

Was going to ask if there was a rain delay, long build-up to the race! Was going to leave it til tomorrow, still not sure whether to watch it now or not.

Was going to ask if there was a rain delay, long build-up to the race! Was going to leave it til tomorrow, still not sure whether to watch it now or not.

Not sure i can stay with it all night myself,may watch the next couple of hours and watch the rest tomorrow on SKY+.

• Advertisement

OT but that A-Team van is ****e.:mad:

lord lucan wrote: »
    Charlotte starting shortly and sadly it's FOX's last race of the season.:(

ESPN's coverage is ****e compared to FOX imo. Gonna miss the Boogity Boogity Boogity for the rest of the season.

FOX is over already? Dammit. Well at least that means TNT's six-race run, including Sonoma :)

Goddamnit turns out I hadn't got it recording. Just tuning in now, what happened to JPM?

Barely spun out of Turn 2, but hit the front-left barely enough to need to get repairs done behind the wall.
    EDIT: Video: http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/post_race/highlights/05/30/cup_cha_high_one.nascar/index.html

But...
    GUESS WHO JUST SPUN AND CRASHED!

Glad I'm watching this live :pac:

• Advertisement

Joey Logano - absolute legend. Taken out by Harvick, tries to fight him after the race and slags him for being henpecked in the post-interview - new fan here :D

Oh and apparently Hamlin won :D Big one in the last lap too :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I enjoyed Pocono, it use to be boring but the last couple of races have been good there.

Kevin needed his bodyguards, delighted for Hamlin.

TheChrisD, any chance you could hold back on posting if Johnson crashes out, I'm watching the F1 live. :pac:

TheChrisD, any chance you could hold back on posting if Johnson crashes out, I'm watching the F1 live. :pac:

I completely missed the race myself. By the time I got done with the F1 and some TF2 I had planned, I realised it was already over :P

Pretty short race, think it was just over 3 hours. Not the most exciting either.

Still, Infineon next week, should be fun. :pac:

Still, Infineon next week, should be fun. :pac:

Not only Infineon, but Road America on the Saturday as well :D

Just a pity about the lack of coverage. Indy on as well, always nice to have both on. :)

So, quali for the Nationwide starting now, with the race hopefully being streamed somewhere at 8pm. Should be interesting to watch, especially as Villeneuve has been coming out near the top in practice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Stuck at work so I cant get to Road America. I raced there last year and I have to say hauling a Nationwide car around would be fun, but dicey!!. Those walls are really close to the track in some parts. TV does the gradient changes NO justice whatsoever. The hill up the front streight is more like a wall. Villeneuve demonstrated his prowess at Road America in CART in '94. I suspect he'll do very well. Have to see if I can get this on TV somewhere.

Ow, huge pile-up at Turn 6 put a red flag out, been out for the past 20 minutes too.

I wouldn't like to be the drivers, they're sitting in their cars on the long straight opposite the pit straight.

• Advertisement

Got a link to a stream? Usually don't follow the Nationwide coz I never think of it but I've no excuse now other than not being able to find a stream. :pac:

EDIT: Got one, hope it shows a replay soon. :)

Edwards was never going to lose that one, he had far superior equipment to JV, who was driving the wheels off it anyway. Shame he blew up at the end, great effort.

Worth keeping an eye on Ekstrom and Magnussan tonight

Open Access have coverage starting at 7, wikipedia has the start time down as 3pm which would be 11 o'clock here no? :S

Think the west coast races all start at 3.30 ET, which would be 20.30 here

gs39t wrote: »
    Think the west coast races all start at 3.30 ET, which would be 20.30 here

Oh 3 ET, that would fit, just assumed it was all local times, thanks. :)

Pfft, JJ leading at a road course? I call hax...

**** NASCAR, they screwed Ambrose out of a win down to a technicality. He could've easily maintained speed if there wasn't a big damn hill between Turns 1 and 2.

Again, **** NASCAR, **** Jimmie Johnson, **** Chad Knaus. **** all of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

rules are rules.... don't try save fuel before a steep hill, wait till you're heading down the other side :pac:

too many fecking cautions for a road race

too many fecking cautions for a road race

At least three of those cautions could've easily been done with just local ones.

• Advertisement

Totally Ambrose's own fault, was almost expecting him to get a penalty for then overtaking under a yellow.

Also, next time someone Jeff Gordon tries to complain about someone else's driving he should get a punch in the mouth.

Advertisement