Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to sit with a laptop for a few hours?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a good place to go and have a coffee and sit for a few hours undisturbed? Any café or bar with wifi etc?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Around what area?
    There's a good few bars out in DunL with wifi.

Or theres always a McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Around what area?
    There's a good few bars out in DunL with wifi.

Or theres always a McDonalds.

South Dublin area :pac:

Nah, I'm in Bray, so yeah DunL or thereabouts would be ok. What places wouldn't mind me sitting there for a while with a plugged in laptop?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Cianos wrote: »
    South Dublin area :pac:

Nah, I'm in Bray, so yeah DunL or thereabouts would be ok. What places wouldn't mind me sitting there for a while with a plugged in laptop?

Thanks

Any of them where you're spending money I'd imagine.
    I'm sure one of the pubs down on the coast in bray has wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

McDonalds is a good one, if you buy something they will give you a half hour wifi card (they tend to give you two if you ask nicely) only prob is that now and again I've been given out to for using the power plug (I know!!) so in those cases your limited to however long your battery lasts for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dunlaoghaire or Dalkey public library and at least you are not under pressure to buy anything. Micky D's is about the best place to go if you want a coffee and sit for hours with out any pressure to buy more or leave. You also may be lucky to find a few extra coffee tokens for a second cup. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mugs in Dalkey has free WiFi, but you would obviously need to spend money on coffee.

Advertisement