Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocoon?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey lads.

Anyone been to that new late night bar/ club, cocoon? Seen ads around the place, looks good. Hoping to give it a go tonight. Sick of trooms and angel lame. Great to have a bit of competition for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

spume wrote: »
    Hey lads.

Anyone been to that new late night bar/ club, cocoon? Seen ads around the place, looks good. Hoping to give it a go tonight. Sick of trooms and angel lame. Great to have a bit of competition for them.

oh behave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

If you're into that kind of thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hey lads.

Without sounding like a smartarse, you are aware its a gay bar right? its toilets are also mixed, so you'd be sharing toilet space with women (or men, not sure which you are)

Its a nice enough place alright though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    oh behave

Super!

krudler wrote: »
    its toilets are also mixed, so you'd be sharing toilet space with women (or men, not sure which you are)

Nice try, I fell for that once before, never again. The shocked face on the woman as she exited the cubicle will stay with me forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Nice try, I fell for that once before, never again. The shocked face on the woman as she exited the cubicle will stay with me forever.

All avoidable if you'd just stop climbing in from the cubicle next door ImAKnack :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Without sounding like a smartarse, you are aware its a gay bar right? its toilets are also mixed, so you'd be sharing toilet space with women (or men, not sure which you are)

Its a nice enough place alright though

haha i believed you there for a sec:D

yea doesnt exactly sound like a place ill end up going to. its cool that there is a new bar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Icky Thump wrote: »

yea doesnt exactly sound like a place ill end up going to. its cool that there is a new bar though.

Why doesnt it?

Was there with my girlfriend and her mates and it was fine to be honest. The unisex toilets did feel a bit weird though

Ehh...ok, the toilets are mixed though

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Must be strange to see the ladies peeing in the urinals

• Advertisement

Roadend wrote: »
    Must be strange to see the ladies peeing in the urinals
    funny though i bet:D
    hmmmm................:confused: think ill just hold it
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Why doesnt it?

Was there with my girlfriend and her mates and it was fine to be honest. The unisex toilets did feel a bit weird though
    the last time i was in a gay bar with my ex i was asked to leave because the bar man told me im clearly not gay.............................. was kinda insulting to be honest. i was there with mates who where.

but now that im single it would be kinda pointless or confusing for my mates if i started going to gay bars.

im not a biggot are anything i just have no use for a gay bar when im looking for women:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the last time i was in a gay bar with my ex i was asked to leave because the bar man told me im clearly not gay.............................. was kinda insulting to be honest. i was there with mates who where.

but now that im single it would be kinda pointless or confusing for my mates if i started going to gay bars.

im not a biggot are anything i just have no use for a gay bar when im looking for women:D

Thats a bit strange - wouldnt have thought it would have been an issue unless you were doing something wrong.

Wouldnt go there if i was with mates (as you have said, whats the point) but went with my gf and her friends so didnt think much of it. None of the gays had any problems with me being there. Neither did the bar staff.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thats a bit strange - wouldnt have thought it would have been an issue unless you were doing something wrong.

Wouldnt go there if i was with mates (as you have said, whats the point) but went with my gf and her friends so didnt think much of it. None of the gays had any problems with me being there. Neither did the bar staff.

well i was there with the GF(at the time) and a few of our gay mates......................... that was the strangest part. and i dont exactly look like a scumbag or anything so it was kinda weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spume

I have to say, that was the worst night out I've had in such a long time. I didnt realise this was a gay bar at all. Now ive been in gay bars before with friends and i genuinely have no problem with the fact that it is a gay bar.

I realised that it was after a few minutes inside. (Nice place b.t.w.) As we were sitting down with our drinks I was approached by two men.

Imagine the shock I got when I was told "GO WAY YOU FU*KIN STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GET YOUR SH*T PUSHED IN BY THE FILTHIEST QUEEN IN LIMERICK" :eek::eek::eek:

I literally got up and left straight away. Im not saying anything bad about the bar itself because i was genuinely enjoying myself up until the incident. But I have never been spoken to like that before. I almost had a vom scare i felt so sick:(

dam!!!!! sorry to hear that mate. but i suppose youll get a$$h0les in any bar

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I have to say, that was the worst night out I've had in such a long time. I didnt realise this was a gay bar at all. Now ive been in gay bars before with friends and i genuinely have no problem with the fact that it is a gay bar.

I realised that it was after a few minutes inside. (Nice place b.t.w.) As we were sitting down with our drinks I was approached by two men.

Imagine the shock I got when I was told "GO WAY YOU FU*KIN STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GET YOUR SH*T PUSHED IN BY THE FILTHIEST QUEEN IN LIMERICK" :eek::eek::eek:

I literally got up and left straight away. Im not saying anything bad about the bar itself because i was genuinely enjoying myself up until the incident. But I have never been spoken to like that before. I almost had a vom scare i felt so sick:(

Are you serious....really can`t believe this when a lot gay people look for equal rights etc.

Are you serious....really can`t believe this when a lot gay people look for equal rights etc.

What one earth has that got to do with equal rights? there are just as many drunk asshole gay guys as drunk asshole straight guys in pubs and clubs , Im sure any woman could tell you shes had some drunk letch say something filthy to her in a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 streetsweeper

I went in there and I found all the guys in there very helpfull and accomadating, if you catch my drift.

so glad i dont have to go to angel "lame" anymore scouring the floors for a whiff of a gay.

angel "lame" has to have the worst layout of any club in ireland.. it has more twists and turns then a john grisham novel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

angel "lame"

Oh, I see what you did there. Very clever. Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I wouldnt send a penny the organisers way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'd have just burst out laughing there and then.
    Plain and simple.
    How can you take somebody who'd say something like that seriously like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeteSanchez

Plain and simple.

Ask them did Alonso send them........

Ask them did Alonso send them........

Yeah, were they Mexican?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Plain and simple.

No its true - Spume is a Gay Bar Expert it seems......

- He is also big in the Bovine field - as a Dietician.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spume

Raiser wrote: »
    No its true - Spume is a Gay Bar Expert it seems......

- He is also big in the Bovine field - as a Dietician.....

And what exactly are you getting at raiser? What do these posts have to do with this thread? Seems as if someone has a little too much time on her hands:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Name calling is banned so im not gonna call you a sad little piece of sh!t. I'm above that anyway...

i'm looking forward to your response love

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Raiser, spume infracted . If you people cannot engage in the discussion without having a go at each other, then this is not the place for you

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Post by Zandali was deleted by a site admin. Very dodgy claim.
    Thread cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Speaking as a completely 100% hetrosexual guy, who has spent some time working in nightclubs that were gay on certain nights of the week, I can say that there is no need to be self concious, or afraid if in a gay club.

Is there a chance that someone will hit on you?
    Yeah, if you seem available.

Will they accept no?
    Yes of course!
    Same as most straight people will.
    Women having drunk men hitting on them in clubs have a much harder time.

Will there be assholes acting like idiots?
    Could be, the exact same way as there will be in any nightclub, gay or straight.

It really is as simple as if you act all self concious and paranoid, you will stand out like a sore thumb, and will draw attention.

Don't go to a gay nightclub just to have a craic, or to say you've been or anything like that.
    But if you are going with some friends or anything, just act like you normally would on a night out with friends.

It's just a nightclub afterall!

You'd swear the way some people went on here that "gay nightclub" is a cover name for homosexual orgy.
    It's not. It's just a nightclub with gay people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

i was reading in this weekend post that they dont have a late licence???

how can they be a nightclub without the late bar extention??

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=d04M1Tj65e0G&PBID=16d2df0b-b84b-4602-a4f3-05634de2cff3&skip=

page 24

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement